2021 Broncos Draft Thread

broncosfan_101

2 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

If Paton manages to get Rodgers in June then this draft gets an A+ from me.

If we go into next season with Bridgewater and Lock as the QBs then I give this draft an F for failing to take Fields when he fell into their lap.

I already posted that it looks like the Rodgers situation will likely end with the Gm deservedly being canned.  If I was Paton I would hate to have to explain to this ownership or more importantly new ownership why I didn't select Fields.   More importantly if I was said ownership (current/new) I would ask him to explain why Jones wasn't selected as well.  My thinking here is if you dislike Fields so much wouldn't you value Jones skills assets - like what the hell is inbetween?  I'd be asking like wtf kind of qb do you want?  Do you really think teams are just going to hand you a qb?  And do you not see the inherent value of developing your own.  I would have a feeling I would can him after this conversation even though the draft minus the Fields debacle was pretty damn good!    

14 minutes ago, anewdawn said:

I already posted that it looks like the Rodgers situation will likely end with the Gm deservedly being canned.  If I was Paton I would hate to have to explain to this ownership or more importantly new ownership why I didn't select Fields.   More importantly if I was said ownership (current/new) I would ask him to explain why Jones wasn't selected as well.  My thinking here is if you dislike Fields so much wouldn't you value Jones skills assets - like what the hell is inbetween?  I'd be asking like wtf kind of qb do you want?  Do you really think teams are just going to hand you a qb?  And do you not see the inherent value of developing your own.  I would have a feeling I would can him after this conversation even though the draft minus the Fields debacle was pretty damn good!    

The in-between is that they think there’s still (significant?) progress left in Drew Lock. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

The in-between is that they think there’s still (significant?) progress left in Drew Lock. 

You may be right but I'm tired of hoping on the same guy and I was a big big fan of his originally.  Something new would have been nice.  This is a good team and don't get me wrong as I previously had said this current cast of players is just wasting their time.  It's I just don't see true success without a legit qb.  I see us actually winning 7-10 games but really is that what these guys deserve when a legit qb gets us over the hump.  I do hope we get Rodgers somehow........ 

On 5/1/2021 at 7:56 AM, 1234567 said:

Bolles - Meinerz - Cush - Muti - Risner

I’m betting this is our O-line config before the season is finished. 

I could see that, but I think James will surprize us and we will have better depth at oL than we have had in a while.  Wish we had picked up one more guy.... Perhaps the two CFAs will show some promise... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClockWorkOrange said:

I could see that, but I think James will surprize us and we will have better depth at oL than we have had in a while.  Wish we had picked up one more guy.... Perhaps the two CFAs will show some promise... 

No Glasgow?  

1 hour ago, ClockWorkOrange said:

Albright said the plan isn't to move risner to tackle I think they're higher on the guy from texas than most

2 hours ago, ClockWorkOrange said:

This year it'll be tough enough just to figure out who plays where. Outside of Bolles and James all our OL guys can play multiple spots. 

As options at center we've got Cush, Meinerz, Glasgow, Schlottman and Morris.

This year could look a lot like musical chairs. Lot's of ways to get the best five on the field.

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

This year it'll be tough enough just to figure out who plays where. Outside of Bolles and James all our OL guys can play multiple spots. 

As options at center we've got Cush, Meinerz, Glasgow, Schlottman and Morris.

This year could look a lot like musical chairs. Lot's of ways to get the best five on the field.

Found it interesting that Meinerz was drafted as a Guard rather than a Center, especially since he's rated as the 2nd best Center in this draft by many

Looking into WR Seth Williams, beyond his good size he has 4.49 speed with long arms (33 1/2"). He was projected as a late 5th rder in a few mocks so looks like good value. Never hurts to have another red-zone target, will compete with Tyrie Cleveland who has similar skillset (6'2"/205lbs/4.46)

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

Looking into WR Seth Williams, beyond his good size he has 4.49 speed with long arms (33 1/2"). He was projected as a late 5th rder in a few mocks so looks like good value. Never hurts to have another red-zone target, will compete with Tyrie Cleveland who has similar skillset (6'2"/205lbs/4.46)

Consensus rankings had Seth Williams  at 117, which is a mid-4th round grade. I’m pretty sure we ran with 6 WR’s last year (Jeudy, Hamler, Patrick, Cleveland, Hamilton, and Spencer?), which makes me think Hamilton will have to clearly beat out either Cleveland or Williams to stay in Denver. I wouldn’t bet on that, as it would mean spending $2.2M on a 5th/6th WR, and cutting a promising young receiver in the process.

1 hour ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Consensus rankings had Seth Williams  at 117, which is a mid-4th round grade. I’m pretty sure we ran with 6 WR’s last year (Jeudy, Hamler, Patrick, Cleveland, Hamilton, and Spencer?), which makes me think Hamilton will have to clearly beat out either Cleveland or Williams to stay in Denver. I wouldn’t bet on that, as it would mean spending $2.2M on a 5th/6th WR, and cutting a promising young receiver in the process.

Sure everyone has heard Hamilton is on the trading block, he's obviously the weakest ling IMO yet he has had a few decent games with Lock. If there is a pre-season, I expect him to get some showcasing to enhance ANY trade value. 

On that same note, wondering who else may be on the trading block, I'd bet Glasgow might draw some interest, maybe Freeman or even Ojemudia ??

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

Sure everyone has heard Hamilton is on the trading block, he's obviously the weakest ling IMO yet he has had a few decent games with Lock. If there is a pre-season, I expect him to get some showcasing to enhance ANY trade value. 

On that same note, wondering who else may be on the trading block, I'd bet Glasgow might draw some interest, maybe Freeman or even Ojemudia ??

Glasgow’s not going anywhere. He underwhelmed last season, but was far from bad. It would be crazy to jettison our one vet on the interior and leave those three spots to a struggling Risner, a horrible Cush, and three complete unknowns in Meinerz, Schlottmann, and Muti. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

No Glasgow?  

We definitely need Glasgow to play well this year... Paton likes to build the trenches through the draft...  I am bummed out that we did not get a tackle in the 5th...  I really wanted two quality additions to the line this offseason.  To me this is the biggest miss in the draft.   I think I will break down each OLmen and get a feel for our true depth... I am tired of injuries and opt outs in the OL derailing our offense.  It seems like we have been paper thin for a while.  

36 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Glasgow’s not going anywhere. He underwhelmed last season, but was far from bad. It would be crazy to jettison our one vet on the interior and leave those three spots to a struggling Risner, a horrible Cush, and three complete unknowns in Meinerz, Schlottmann, and Muti. 

The coordination between the RT and Glasgow was a mess as the RT spot was a disaster.  I think Glasgow will play better and avoid injury if he and James can work together in the offseason and get in sync...  I like Glasgow overall.