β€‹πŸ¦…β€‹ 2021 Eagles Draft Thread β€‹πŸ¦…β€‹ | A FOOTBALL DUDEZ DRAFT

Kiltman

Just now, Kiltman said:

it is, in camp they can rest up Ertz some.
The colts moved TEs around a lot, similar to WRs.

So it'll be interesting to see what some 12 looks at with people who can actually run it well.
Goedert is athletic enoughΒ you can play him at big slot or X sometimes too.

I'd prefer more 11 personally with Goedert at TE, Smith and Reagor moving around and the third WR changing based on what spot is open(Hightower or Quez at Z, Fulgham at X, Ward in the slot). But ya I really hope they move Goedert out more. He played in line way too much last season imo.

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I'd prefer more 11 personally with Goedert at TE, Smith and Reagor moving around and the third WR changing based on what spot is open(Hightower or Quez at Z, Fulgham at X, Ward in the slot). But ya I really hope they move Goedert out more. He played in line way too much last season imo.

Me too. I think this year they'd be fine relying on 12 a little more as you are working those guys up.Β 
They all need development besides Smith who is ready to go.
As much as we are fine with them taking a year to improve, I think the staff would want to win in year one.
Ertz helps that out.

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

I mean, under no circumstances should we have taken 4 defensive lineman.Β 

You can try to justify it any way you want but we the season starts and we're all bitching about the lack of depth/inability of our linebackers/secondary and the two EDGE guys we drafted are probably not on the roster we can look back and say maybe we should done something to try and address that.Β 

They aren't going to be good units regardless so who cares. This team is looking for success multiple years in the future and building a solid foundation in the trenches is the way to go.Β 

15 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

They aren't going to be good units regardless so who cares. This team is looking for success multiple years in the future and building a solid foundation in the trenches is the way to go.Β 

I'm not going to beat this to death but I keep seeing stuff like "they aren't going to be good units" or "this team is bad so who cares".Β 

The reason the units aren't good or this team sucks is because we can't draft.Β 

When's the last time we drafted a defensive back that was good? When's the last time we drafted a linebacker that was good? When's the last time we drafted a receiver that was good?Β 

The units continue to suck because this team/front office can't evaluate them.Β 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This is probably the best draft we've had in 8 years.... not like anything after 2012/2013 was great though.

While I do disagree, it's hard to sad that the general consensus is that we haven't drafted well in at least eight year.Β 

Seems like Andy was the smart one, IMO.Β 

Just now, Scalamania said:

While I do disagree, it's hard to sad that the general consensus is that we haven't drafted well in at least eight year.Β 

Seems like Andy was the smart one, IMO.Β 

Don't we have to give Banner some do as well?

But, yeah two of these past draft classes had 5 players so those are automatically gonna be worse. Jury is still out on last years class, but I like this one better by a decent margin.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Don't we have to give Banner some do as well?

But, yeah two of these past draft classes had 5 players so those are automatically gonna be worse. Jury is still out on last years class, but I like this one better by a decent margin.

Yeah agree on Banner. Bummer he's gone - he should probably be our GM now.Β 

I'm not a fan of either class tbh (I haven't liked any draft since we took Wentz), but we've already disagreed enough on that point.Β 

• Like 1

This wasn't the perfect draft, but if they ignored some positions cause they were sticking to their board I can't really be too upset at that. I'm feeling a solid B... maybe a B+? I need to watch a couple of these guys more, but we got a lot of guys I liked and I was cool with the value for most of them too. I have some questions about where certain guys are gonna play, Landon's injury history, and so on, but the potential of the class is exciting and it feels like a building block type of class that you'll look back on in 5 years and be like "that's where it started".

Obviously we are going nowhereΒ till we shed some more weight next offseason and find a QB if Hurts isnt it, but I'm slightly more optimistic about the future than I was a couple weeks ago which is all I can ask.

Looking forward to seeing where these defensive guys fit into the new scheme. You can tell it's gonna be much more multiple than Jim's based on the wide range of guys we took. With Williams being a light explosive DT, Tuipulotu being a heavier powerful DT, Jackson being your typical base DE type, and Johnson seeming like more of a stand up EDGE. They're all different from each other it's interesting. I wish I knew more on how these guys will fit from knowing more about MIN and their personell.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Looking forward to seeing where these defensive guys fit into the new scheme. You can tell it's gonna be much more multiple than Jim's based on the wide range of guys we took. With Williams being a light explosive DT, Tuipulotu being a heavier powerful DT, Jackson being your typical base DE type, and Johnson seeming like more of a stand up EDGE. They're all different from each other it's interesting. I wish I knew more on how these guys will fit from knowing more about MIN and their personell.

Yeah, Spadaro and Caplan both said its gonna be a bit more multiple and aggressive.Β 

We might actually disguise some stuff, do some interesting blitz packages and not just put everything on the DL getting to the QB like Schwartz did which is pretty silly in todays NFL with how fast guys can get the ball out and how many good receivers teams have and how a lot of these mobile QBs can escape good pressure even if you get it there.

God... I'm so happy Schwartz is gone. Even Doug was super vanilla too.Β 

But, yeah like I said the other day Spadaro said in one of the draft segments yesterday that Gannon and the Eagles are keeping what they'll run close to vest, so we kinda are left to just contemplate what that might be based on his influences from different coaches he's worked under, but I'm sure he's not gonna run a carbon copy of either. It would be nice to know more about what they'll run, but not showing or telling does kinda provide them with an advantage to start at least, so I get it. It just sucks for the people who are covering the team and the fans who are this deeply invested like us lol.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy