β€‹πŸ¦…β€‹ 2021 Eagles Draft Thread β€‹πŸ¦…β€‹ | A FOOTBALL DUDEZ DRAFT

Kiltman

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

It seems to be a rabbit they have been chasing ever since Fireman Danny and some of the duds of the 2000s.
With slightly different slants to it since then.

Producers, just high character, coach's kid, team captains and now "competitive".
Seem to just flip back and forth year to year.

I also don't get why it's seen as some new thing every year.

Yeah I wish we could take a chance of talented guys with character concerns, a team full of mild mannered coir boys has always been a weakness of this team.Β 

20 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It seems to be a rabbit they have been chasing ever since Fireman Danny and some of the duds of the 2000s.
With slightly different slants to it since then.

Producers, just high character, coach's kid, team captains and now "competitive".
Seem to just flip back and forth year to year.

I also don't get why it's seen as some new thing every year.

I would rather draft the higher character players than be the Cowgirls and consistently pick players with major maturity/characterΒ issues regularly. The only issue I have with it is when they pick high character guys over guys with average character and more talent.

That said, we have picked some players in the past who aren't great in that department. I know last year Quez had some serious questions about his maturity.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I would rather draft the higher character players than be the Cowgirls and consistently pick players with major maturity/characterΒ issues regularly. The only issue I have with it is when they pick high character guys over guys with average character and more talent.

That said, we have picked some players in the past who aren't great in that department. I know last year Quez had some serious questions about his maturity.

Yeah I'm with you there. I'd prefer to not feel icky about a guy, like Mixon a couple years ago. Or have no interest in ever meeting them, like Parsons sounds like.Β 

I think there is a happy medium there and the most important thing is end of the day they need to be able to play.
It was really only the Chip era where it got so out of whack.

I like this version of it a little more, level headed competitive guys.
It's tolerable because you are weighing on the field heavily.

On 4/29/2021 at 12:16 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

5 random draft predictions:

Β 

1) Ertz doesn't get traded and he is unceremoniously released after the draft

2) The Eagles don't pick at 12

3) Pick 150 will be wasted on a QB that we thought might be a UDFA that won't make the team (QB factory)

4) One of the 6ths will be spent on WR Anthony Miller

5) The earliest the Eagles draft an LB will be the 7th round.Β 

Nailed 3 out of 5 predictions (although Zach hasn't been released. They are going to keep shooting that horse in the leg as long as possible.Β 

7 minutes ago, Scalamania said:
200.webp?cid=ecf05e478nn2s6w8vj05do6mkm2

I do actually.

Β 

Oh the other note. I generally think Milton Williams and Alim McNeil are similar caliber prospects. I'm not upset with the trade, but yes, this year another 6th was needless. The only real reason to be disappointed is for Pete's sake.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I do actually.

Β 

Oh the other note. I generally think Milton Williams and Alim McNeil are similar caliber prospects. I'm not upset with the trade, but yes, this year another 6th was needless. The only real reason to be disappointed is for Pete's sake.

I think if they were trying to move ahead of Dallas it was for Surtain. I also think all the smokescreen talk and such was a "save face" type excuse.Β 

Not that I'm complaining as I liked both Smith and Surtain.Β 

From the Draft Dudes podcast (TDN), for those of you who think the draft sucked after Devonta

I especially like that like Landon Dickerson, Milton Williams, Zach McPherson, Kenneth Gainwell, Marlon TuipolotoΒ -that stretch of pics is like "double double double double double" like I I just see all of those guys claiming roles for this football team. Dickerson obviously starting caliber center Milton Williams is a versatile defensive lineman within elite athletic profile McPherson was like my favorite day three corner out of Texas TechΒ and he doesn't give you much length but he's physical he's good in zone he's good man he's got good ball skills and then Kenneth Gainwell and you think about Nick Sirianni and what he was able to get of Nyheim Hines i think he's a really fun piece for them and then Marlon Tuipoloto is a really solid one tech defensive lineman. Just that middle stretch of pics is really really exciting.

Β 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

From the Draft Dudes podcast (TDN), for those of you who think the draft sucked after Devonta

Β 

I don't really look at draft grades much but I'm curious where the media had us ranked last year? I feel like that class was probably highly regarded outside of Hurts but it's not looking great right now.Β 

38 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I think if they were trying to move ahead of Dallas it was for Surtain. I also think all the smokescreen talk and such was a "save face" type excuse.Β 

Not that I'm complaining as I liked both Smith and Surtain.Β 

If we were giving up the same moving up to 9 would’ve been better because you aren’t giving a rival a 3rd rounder. Don’t think it was necessarily for Surtain, though yeah it’s a possibility. A lot harder to get a deal done in division.Β 

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I don't really look at draft grades much but I'm curious where the media had us ranked last year? I feel like that class was probably highly regarded outside of Hurts but it's not looking great right now.Β 

Pretty sure it was middle of the pack to low ranking.