2021 Draft Day Thread

NewAge

27 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Happy we got AVT...

But can we talk about that MIN got Darrisaw and Wyatt Davis with 2 of those picks. So taking Jets fandom out. We lost that trade. They got 2 great starting caliber OLineman while we got 1 great LG. They also got a developmental QB with our pick as well. 

Since we did not really need an OT, Darrisaw would have been nothing more than a backup for now. Not a bad thing but not really needed ATM. I was not the biggest fan of Davis. I think he peaked and has a low ceiling. IMO, he will be an average starting OG in this league. We got an perennial AP.  As for the QB, he is a career backup. They got their Morgan.

This trade is even IMO. Minny got what they needed and we got what we needed. The only real criticism is that we should have pushed Minny for their 2nd 4th rd pick instead if the later one. The points would have been more even. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Happy we got AVT...

But can we talk about that MIN got Darrisaw and Wyatt Davis with 2 of those picks. So taking Jets fandom out. We lost that trade. They got 2 great starting caliber OLineman while we got 1 great LG. They also got a developmental QB with our pick as well. 

In the short term it might look or feel that way but these things take a couple years to play out.

AVT probably doesn’t make it to 23 and we had the ammo to make the move. I’m pretty sure you prefer quality over quantity. 

Either Jets kept Darnold and took the same deal as Dolphins for #2 or traded Darnold to 49ers for first round pick because both would end up same 2021 draft picks for Jets.   Fantasy and no further trade was made.

1.2 - QB Zach Wilson, BYU (Omitted if Darnold stayed)

1.12 - G Alijah Vera-Tucker, USC (based on traded up to 14 for him)

1.23 - WR Elijah Moore, Ole Miss (based on JD's comment about not passing him twice)

2.34 - Your Input  (My input: OT Teven Jenkins, OKST)

3.66 - Your Input (My input: CB Benjamin St-Juste, Minnesota)

3.86 - Your Input (My input: G Kendrick Green, Illinois)

4.107 - RB Michael Carter, UNC

5.154 - NCB Michael Carter II, Duke

5.175 - CB Jason Pinnock, Pittsburgh

6.186 - LB Hamsah Nasirildeen, Florida State

6.226 - Your Input (My input: C Jimmy Morrissey, Pittsburgh)

Edited by JetsandI

7 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Either Jets kept Darnold and took the same deal as Dolphins for #2 or traded Darnold to 49ers for first round pick because both would end up same 2021 draft picks for Jets.   Fantasy and no further trade was made.

1.2 - QB Zach Wilson, BYU

1.12 - G Alijah Vera-Tucker, USC (based on traded up to 14 for him)

1.23 - WR Elijah Moore, Ole Miss (based on JD's comment about not passing him twice)

2.34 - Your Input  (My input: OT Teven Jenkins, OKST)

3.66 - Your Input (My input: CB Benjamin St-Juste, Minnesota)

3.86 - Your Input (My input: G Kendrick Green, Illinois)

4.107 - RB Michael Carter, UNC

5.154 - NCB Michael Carter II, Duke

5.175 - CB Jason Pinnock, Pittsburgh

6.186 - LB Hamsah Nasirildeen, Florida State

6.226 - Your Input (My input: C Jimmy Morrissey, Pittsburgh)

I think they would have taken Carter at 86. 

8 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It depends. McGovern and Fant are both cut candidates soon enough. Clark will hopefully be RG1. 

Could see an OT/C duo next year with 4 picks in the first and second.

Unless they play below average I don't think JD will cut either or both of them.