Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

2 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

Rodgers experience and talent have carried the roster to consecutive 13-3's. If Gute had inherited Cousins at QB, all his same personnel moves would have them coming off a pair of 8-8's, if that, and we'd be debating whether Gute has what it takes. 

I think MLF and the rest of the roster talent had something do with it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -    I realize the pure and utter absurdity of this statement I’m about to make. And it won’t happen. But one trade that would intrigue me would be Rodgers for Baker Mayfield + picks. Browns have the cap & Baker’s prob the 1 long term QB they could get in return that fits in the cap.

///

There ya go. Resolution...right?  :)

I saw this on Twitter just a bit ago and was astonished by the number of comments on Twitter in response to Andy’s post in favor of this idea.  Crazy.  Here’s the post in case anyone wants to have some fun.

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I saw this on Twitter just a bit ago and was astonished by the number of comments on Twitter in response to Andy’s post in favor of this idea.  Crazy.  Here’s the post in case anyone wants to have some fun.

I've not read any of the comments. Although I think MLF's schemes could improve Mayfields performance......I'm not a Mayfield fan.

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

The fans that love this idea also loved Tua

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I've not read any of the comments. Although I think MLF's schemes could improve Mayfields performance......I'm not a Mayfield fan.

I mean, it makes the Browns instant favorites to represent the AFC (maybe, maybe not) with Rodgers.  Maybe Mayfield could be coached up by MLF.  I’m just thinking about how many heads would explode everywhere if this deal happened.  Like, across the board spontaneous combustion.

16 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Players have agents that negotiate these contracts.  If you don't like the deal don't sign it.  Once under contract you are obligated to abide by it.  Simple stuff.  Do the Packers have the right to go back to Aaron and have him pay them back for his underperformance 2017-2019?  Players also miss considerable amounts of time when under contract due to injury.  They still get paid.  There are risks on both sides.  We lost Aaron for essentially 2 seasons over his career.  Guess what he still got paid.  Things are handled differently in the NFL then other sports for obvious reasons.  They work in signing bonuses and upfront guarantees in order to get players under contract.  Regardless if a player doesn't like the deal he doesn't have to agree to it.  Once he does that's it.

How much does Rodgers make if he blows up his knee in Week 12 and his career is over ?

12 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Your idea of fun is much different than mine, I would rather spend the afternoon stabbing myself in the face with a fork than engage in that conversation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, R T said:

Your idea of fun is much different than mine, I would rather spend the afternoon stabbing myself in the face with a fork than engage in that conversation.

Your idea of fun is much different than mine, lol.

Reading tweets is more entertaining than it is fun.

8 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I mean, it makes the Browns instant favorites to represent the AFC (maybe, maybe not) with Rodgers.  Maybe Mayfield could be coached up by MLF.  I’m just thinking about how many heads would explode everywhere if this deal happened.  Like, across the board spontaneous combustion.

Gotta run it by Shaileen, see if she approves.  I mean ... CLE is closer to NYC than GB ... so maybe bringing up little Aaron there would work.

The main assets I'd want to acquire for Rodgers is not a QB, since I believe Love is more the future of this team than Mayfield, or Drew Lock, or Jimmy G, or Tua, or Derek Carr, or whomever.

Obviously they need to add a QB, since they literally have two on the roster and one of them is hypothetically getting traded, but it shouldn't be the main asset.

Aaron Rodgers has been in Green Bay for 16 years with 1 Super Bowl.  Great player, fun to watch, but the sun is beginning to set.  How much of his MVP season was playing within MLFs offense?   He was slipping before that with questions if he was still a top 10 QB.  If you can get a haul, I think you have to explore that.  

52 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

lol eff that idea.... although the "+ picks" part could mean anything from one 1st to three 1st's and whatever else

51 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

*billy madison academic decathlon.gif*

You know which one.

48 minutes ago, Leader said:

You're wrong about two things there.

46 minutes ago, cannondale said:

The fans that love this idea also loved Tua

🎯

42 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Y'all sipping on something. Baker finally has the same coaching staff and system for two years in a row. He is still young, very clutch and will only get more clutch, his teammates and coach love him...stahhhp.

And unless Love is garbage, this makes no sense for Green Bay either. They're gonna trade Rodgers somewhere without a QB.

tl;dr sleeping on Cleveland

3 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

*billy madison academic decathlon.gif*

You know which one.

You're wrong about two things there.

🎯

Y'all sipping on something. Baker finally has the same coaching staff and system for two years in a row. He is still young, very clutch and will only get more clutch, his teammates and coach love him...stahhhp.

And unless Love is garbage, this makes no sense for Green Bay either. They're gonna trade Rodgers somewhere without a QB.

tl;dr sleeping on Cleveland

tbf nobody here is seriously considering the merits of that deal or thinking about cleveland and mayfield at all outside of that tweet

• Like 2