Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Well that's their argument. "Are you all in with us or with the team you hope to have 5 years from now"

And they should stay in their lane and worry about how they can best help the team win now and worry less about personnel moves. 

They get paid handsomely to play football, not to complain about one draft pick out of 50 that will occur during their potential career.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

And they should stay in their lane and worry about how they can best help the team win now and worry less about personnel moves. 

They get paid handsomely to play football, not to complain about one draft pick out of 50 that will occur during their potential career.

In a vacuum, yes. Like it or not, I think those days are over. You can blame LeBron

Edited by cannondale

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

In a vacuum, yes. Like it or not, I think those days are over. You can blame LeBron

if those days are over, bakhtiari, kenny clark and aaron jones would not have re-signed with GB after that pick was made.

The truth is: the vast majority of players don't care all that much

Aaron is the shiny example of one player who wants to inappropriately insert himself in places he doesn't belong

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

if those days are over, bakhtiari, kenny clark and aaron jones would not have re-signed with GB after that pick was made.

Aaron is the shiny example of one player who wants to inappropriately insert himself in places he doesn't belong

He is a QB. No different than Brady in that regard

It's not like the "go fetch me a Super Bowl Aaron" has worked out all that well

Edited by cannondale

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Exactly! Why would a team want to take into account an all time greats QB's perspective on players and their abilities.  Shut up and throw, Aaron. am I doing this right?

6 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Shut up and throw, Aaron.

yes, plz

The alternative is:

Joe Buck: "Aaron Rodgers throws incomplete, again, looking for Jake Kumerow, his #1 WR. Those two have struggled to get it going together so far this season while limping to an 0-4 start."

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

As much as I would want to agree and to tote the company line, it's of value to at least hear your employees. I mean what is our stance if AR had just won the SB are we saying listen to the man he won it all..........or because he can't win it all are we saying his voice shouldn't count. 

I go back and forth on this, Dam. i guess like your last but stroke the ego listen and still do what is best for the club and hope you're right if your TT or Gute. 

Yep, Not talking about Rodgers involved in the draft at all.  Just acqusitions during TC and the season.   A vet WR get released, Rodgers thinks he might be a upgrade, go get him  (NO, WE HAVE TO KEEP ABBADARIS AROUND FOR YEARS).  Rodgers also will see how his contract affects their ability to get those guys and might be more inclined to do something.   

Just hear the guy out,  communication, communication, communication.  ask him what he thinks about getting player X.  You might be able to avoid all this stuff going on, and work the Love plan as planned.     

54 minutes ago, Green19 said:

But what does going “out of their way to put everything into winning now” look like?

I mean if it more offensive weapons? Is it defense?

How about a high-quality #2 WR?

Gutes very first move was to try and sign Robinson. More recently he allegedly tried to trade up for a WR in '20, tried to trade for Fuller and courted S-S in free agency. Those attempted moves are an admission that there's a shortcoming.

He settled for Funchess last year, who's probably better than Lazard, but the rest of the league wasn't beating down his door with $10m/yr offers. Obtaining a high-quality WR2 seems important to Gute but he's never gone the extra mile to actually land one.       

5 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

He settled for Funchess last year, who's probably better than Lazard, but the rest of the league wasn't beating down his door with $10m/yr offers. Obtaining a high-quality WR2 seems important to Gute but he's never gone the extra mile to actually land one.    

Couple things

(1) Funchess literally got EXACTLY a $10m/yr contract the year before he broke his collarbone. So, this had every appearance of a ridiculous value signing.

(2) You are proposing a move out of desperation to lose value by "going an extra mile" for a #2 WR when we just had the #1 offense in the league. Doesn't it make imminently more sense to use those resources at a weaker link on the team instead? Especially if you don't have to go any extra miles (i.e. spend more resources than you think someone is worth) to appease another player?

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Having a better #2 receiver rather than re-signing Jones should have been the priority of the offseason.

That's probably the only gripe you can have about the offseason decisions from Rodgers' perspective.

any WR in particular that fits under the cap around Jones' compensation?