Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

If Rodgers is soooo upset this came out, why doesn’t he make a statement to put a lot of this to bed?

The fact is he doesn’t want it to be put to bed. He wants this drama and he wants the front office twisting in the wind.

He could simple state “I want to stay in GB under these conditions and if those can’t be meet than it’s probably best for all parties if we move on from one another.”

Everyone would know the sticking points and it could be figured out...

5 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Can't remember if I said it here or elsewhere, but just in case I didn't say it here, I'm putting it on the record - Jordan Love is going to be traded, not Aaron Rodgers.

The big unknown of this is the value of Jordan Love.  If they know Love is going to be a very good player, I can see their stance with Rodgers.  If he's some guy they HOPE develops, thats risky business.    We saw Hundley and we saw Kizer.

They can make all the pleas they want and speak the desire to have Rodgers back.  Bottom line:  What do they have in Love? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

The big unknown of this is the value of Jordan Love.  If they know Love is going to be a very good player, I can see their stance with Rodgers.  If he's some guy they HOPE develops, thats risky business.    We saw Hundley and we saw Kizer.

They can make all the pleas they want and speak the desire to have Rodgers back.  Bottom line:  What do they have in Love? 

Unfortunately they're probably going to have to take pennies on the dollar, maybe dimes. The only reason I give it up to 12 months, is the off chance that an extension with guarantees appeases Rodgers enough to co-exist with Love on the roster. Than they can try and use preseason and possible regular season clean-up appearances to build up Love's value. Aside from that I think most likely Love is traded for whatever they can salvage between now and the start of the season.

8 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

This FU to the Packers on draft day I'll never get over.  Hurt the fans (especially the ones who traveled to Cleveland).  Hurt the new players drafted.  Hurt the players on the team.  Embarassed the FO. Just the worst possible thing to do.  Trade his butt out of here and get as much as we can.  See yah.  Lost all respect.  Rodgers camp can try to deny it all they want.  I am not an idiot.  

Schefter claimed that he sat on the story and Rodgers wasn't the source for any of it. Is he lying? How did it hurt the players drafted? How did it hurt the players on the team? Are they all a bunch of snowflakes? 

15 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Looking more and more like the media blew it out of proportion and he’s not going anywhere. 

I appreciate Jones and Kuhn saying what it's not about. Now tell us what it is about 

21 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

People hating on Rodgers after Schefter says he has no sources 

dd0.png

Sure OK have some swamp land in FL interested?  OK I really believe just hours before the draft the bomb gets dropped.  Just coincidence.  Oh OK got it.  Believe what you  want doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

22 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

Schefter claimed that he sat on the story and Rodgers wasn't the source for any of it. Is he lying? How did it hurt the players drafted? How did it hurt the players on the team? Are they all a bunch of snowflakes? 

Um yes he's lying.  It hurt the players by stealing the spotlight away from what was supposed to be the biggest day of their lives. As far as members of the team I'll refer you to Big Dog's tweet.  No the snowflake is Aaron Rodgers.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

Schefter claimed that he sat on the story and Rodgers wasn't the source for any of it. Is he lying? How did it hurt the players drafted? How did it hurt the players on the team? Are they all a bunch of snowflakes

WTF does this mean?  

We, the Packers, lost the NFCCG because we had multiple players have their worst game of the year (according to PFF scores).  We could have easily come out on top.  This would mean that we had a Super Bowl worthy team.  In the off season with a reduced salary cap our GM was able to keep the majority of the team together.  Multiple players agreed to salary manipulations to free up money, but not Aaron.  He absolutely would not unless it involved a raise.  He was apparently telling teammates, all the way back to September, that he wasn't going to be here next year.  This didn't seem to affect them the way Aaron hoped for?  That must of stung our Ego Hero too.  Shefter wasn't going to break the news the morning of the draft, he got scooped.  Who would want to discredit the Packers' FO and cause them embarrassment and distress?

A little critical thinking here would bring you to logical conclusions.  

Plus, Gute and MLF have been in front of the media non-stop ever since. Where has the golden boy been?  If he is seriously unhappy that this came out, then man up and step to the mike and say so...….

Edited by Dubz41
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Unfortunately they're probably going to have to take pennies on the dollar, maybe dimes. The only reason I give it up to 12 months, is the off chance that an extension with guarantees appeases Rodgers enough to co-exist with Love on the roster. Than they can try and use preseason and possible regular season clean-up appearances to build up Love's value. Aside from that I think most likely Love is traded for whatever they can salvage between now and the start of the season.

That would be a huge mistake.  Even if Aaron comes back Love should still be retained.  Unless Rodgers can guarantee the Packers he won't get hurt. He can't.  The dude does have an injury history.  Everyone is caught up in this heir apparent thing.  I mean common what are the odds Love will even be a starting level QB?  He could bust out very easily.  Regardless his value as a back up alone is worth keeping him on the roster.  Just maybe we won't have to endure a lost season if Rodgers goes down.  Really stupid move IMO.  Can't see it happening unless the FO has completely lost their minds.  Please explain to me why trading away Love for pennies on the dollar is a good idea.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SSG said:

He got 90% of the blame for the team's issues prior to the MVP season. 

That’s a flat-out lie. Not surprising for Sergeant Strawman, though. We get it, you’d prefer there to be *less* criticism of AR. Doesn’t mean you need to exaggerate other’s positions. 

• Like 1