Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's not. GB holds Rodgers' rights for the next 3 years.

They have ALLLLLL the leverage

Well if you’re right - some team will pony up the 3 1sts / young guy who isn’t on an expiring contract.    Or A-Rod returns to play without an extension.  

If A-Rod’s age and flexibility in options and concern his trade value declined by waiting holds leverage - it will be less (but shouldn’t be a massive drop - 2 firsts plus young player or 3-firsts or 2 firsts / 2-seconds).   Guess we’ll find out soon enough. 

Edited by Broncofan

Just now, Broncofan said:

Well if you’re right - some team will pony up the 3 1sts / young guy who isn’t on an expiring contract.   If A-Rod’s age and flexibility in options and concern his trade value declined by waiting holds leverage - it will be less (but shouldn’t be a massive drop - 2 firsts plus young player or 3-firsts or 2 firsts / 2-seconds). 

I'd argue that for every year the Packers "wait" to trade Rodgers, you can knock off a FRP off the trade.  I think it's the equivalent of 3 FRPs+ this year.  Next year, it's 2 FRPs+.  The following year it's 1 FRP.

1 minute ago, Cutler06 said:

Then it just seems like you want to add more value to GB than be realistic

The Panthers got a 6th round pick for eating a large chunk of Bridgewater's contract.  How much value do you think he's gained in the week he's been a Bronco?

Just now, CWood21 said:

I'd argue that for every year the Packers "wait" to trade Rodgers, you can knock off a FRP off the trade.  I think it's the equivalent of 3 FRPs+ this year.  Next year, it's 2 FRPs+.  The following year it's 1 FRP.

Right - but if GB trades him this year at less than 3 1sts + young player (not on expiring contract) - then GB took a deal because they didn’t have all the leverage.   Otherwise they are taking only their price.   If they wait a year, sure, the price goes down.  We’ll see. 

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Right - but if GB trades him this year at less than 3 1sts + young player (not on expiring contract) - then GB took a deal because they didn’t have all the leverage.   Otherwise they are taking only their price.   If they wait a year, sure, the price goes down.  We’ll see. 

Or they decided that they didn't want to deal with the headaches and didn't try and call Rodgers' bluff.  Does anyone actually believe that Rodgers is going to retire if he's not dealt?  I really don't.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The Panthers got a 6th round pick for eating a large chunk of Bridgewater's contract.  How much value do you think he's gained in the week he's been a Bronco?

It's not just about what he was traded for, it protection at a cheap rate in case Love is not ready.

Just now, Cutler06 said:

It's not just about what he was traded for, it protection at a cheap rate in case Love is not ready.

But we're talking about directly influencing the return of Rodgers.  It doesn't really change the package.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Or they decided that they didn't want to deal with the headaches and didn't try and call Rodgers' bluff.  Does anyone actually believe that Rodgers is going to retire if he's not dealt?  I really don't.

You think he did that Jeopardy audition because he needed the money ??

Just now, Cutler06 said:

You think he did that Jeopardy audition because he needed the money ??

No.  I think he wants the Jeopardy gig because he legitimately wants to do it.  Not because he's actually  going to leave the NFL to host Jeopardy.

5 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Man Aaron Rodgers is a beast but if a team trades 3 FRPs for him AND a quality young player?  I don't know about all that. 

That’s GB’s price apparently.   If they truly hold all the leverage they’ll get it or A-Rod returns on their terms.  If they don’t they won’t.  

Edited by Broncofan

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

No.  I think he wants the Jeopardy gig because he legitimately wants to do it.  Not because he's actually  going to leave the NFL to host Jeopardy.

Don't kid yourself, he now has options AND leverage over the Packers, AR has intent with actions like this

1 minute ago, Cutler06 said:

Don't kid yourself, he now has options AND leverage over the Packers, AR has intent with actions like this

Keep telling yourself that.  If he wants to retire to go host Jeopardy, all the power to him.

8 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Man Aaron Rodgers is a beast but if a team trades 3 FRPs for him AND a quality young player?  I don't know about all that. 

Depending on how you value Goff, Stafford just went for 2 FRPs.