Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

This is not a case of let's sell Rodgers to the highest bidder because we want to. It's either a) we are not trading him (whatever the consequence) or b) we must trade him. There is no middle ground of maybe we'll trade him if the package is right. 

Except there is no "must trade him" option.  That implies that the Packers are going to ship him out no matter what the offer is.

4 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

This is not a case of let's sell Rodgers to the highest bidder because we want to. It's either a) we are not trading him (whatever the consequence) or b) we must trade him. There is no middle ground of maybe we'll trade him if the package is right. 

If GB decides they must trade him, the package they get will be reflective of that. Plus Rodgers will need to sign off on the team/destination (that's QB privledge) which further reduces the compensation going back, as once there is a preferred singular destination, the returning package reduces. 

A team being forced to trade their QB gets shafted. Wentz went for 2nd+3rd. Don't bring up the Stafford trade because Goff is negative value going back to DET and more importantly, Stafford didn't force the trade, so DET was able to trade him on their own terms. 

I don't think this is accurate whatsoever.

So far, the two teams most linked to him are division rivals chasing Mahomes and the Chiefs. They are both motivated to compete with Mahomes AND to prevent their rival from landing Rodgers.

So it has all appearances of being exactly the case you say it's not: a bidding war between LV and DEN

This whole situation is just so bizarre. Rodgers definitely seems to be over-sensitive... but at the same time you get the sense that after getting an uninterrupted 3 decades of Favre + Rodgers, the Packers FO and their fans are starting to believe HoF QB's really do just grow on trees and they're treating him as just a minor annoyance rather than grappling with how much harder it's gonna be once he's gone. Feels like there's an element of stubborness on both sides here - on the side of Rodgers it's pretty obvious but from the Packers FO they almost seem afraid to admit that there are certain players that are actually more important than them. Packers having to roll with Love next year will be an interesting 'be careful what you wish for' dynamic if it comes to pass. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

A team being forced to trade their QB gets shafted. Wentz went for 2nd+3rd. Don't bring up the Stafford trade because Goff is negative value going back to DET and more importantly, Stafford didn't force the trade, so DET was able to trade him on their own terms. 

Wentz was also coming off an injury-plagued season in which he was a bottom 5 QB in the NFL last year.  The other one is a franchise QB coming off an MVP season.  The comparison to Wentz is awful.  Awful.  Awful.

4 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Packers having to roll with Love next year will be an interesting 'be careful what you wish for' dynamic if it comes to pass. 

It'll be one of the most followed stories. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It'll be one of the most followed stories. 

Would be great to get Surtain from Denver as part of the deal. Then Love can have a defense with a secondary consisting of: Jaire Alexander, Patrick Surtain, Eric Stokes, Darnell Savage and Adrian Amos to rely upon.

I LOVE the idea of building up a bad-butt defense, and OL (#1 in league last year and have added SIX draft picks to it over the last 2 drafts), and running game (re-signed Aaron Jones and drafted AJ Dillon last year and Kylin Hill this year) to support Love's early starting years.

OL and running game look in place, but need to add some blue-chip pieces to defense from assets acquired from Rodgers trade to make this happen.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

So how plugged in is Rob Demovsky?  If he’s plugged in and quoting <5 percent then I think the posturing that GB will try to stick it out seems pretty far-fetched.  

He's a bit of a blowhard. His opinion on percentages is worth as much as your's or mine.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Would be great to get Surtain from Denver as part of the deal. Then Love can have a defense with a secondary consisting of: Jaire Alexander, Patrick Surtain, Eric Stokes, Darnell Savage and Adrian Amos to rely upon.

I LOVE the idea of building up a bad-butt defense, and OL (#1 in league last year and have added SIX draft picks to it over the last 2 drafts), and running game (re-signed Aaron Jones and drafted AJ Dillon last year and Kylin Hill this year) to support Love's early starting years.

OL and running game look in place, but need to add some blue-chip pieces to defense from assets acquired from Rodgers trade to make this happen.

Agree 100%. Loaded defense plus strong running game to help acclimate Love. Tons of draft picks to re-load the offense (assuming Davante leaves) with younger cheaper talent.  

12 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

So how plugged in is Rob Demovsky?  If he’s plugged in and quoting <5 percent then I think the posturing that GB will try to stick it out seems pretty far-fetched.  

Like @incognito_man said, he's a good beat reporter but he's not really breaking news.  He reports what he's being told.

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He's a bit of a blowhard. His opinion on percentages is worth as much as your's or mine.

Let's not pretend like Demovsky's opinion matters as little as fans on a football forum 🙄 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol Stafford just went for 2 firsts and a 3rd. I'm not even staying on the line if I don't hear 3 firsts.

There won't be players traded for Rodgers. A team getting Rodgers is going for it, they don't want to deplete their current roster. Our fan base doesn't seem to get that.

3 first round picks, some mid rounders and if it's Denver, a vet like Bridgewater or in LVs case Mariota would be my ask.

Well, lets compare apples to apples here, Stafford is 5yrs YOUNGER than Rodgers too. As a Denver fan, hard to see 3 1sts going out for a 38yo, I could see 2 1st and Chubb + A young WR (not named Sutton or Jeudy) or perhaps Bridgewater.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The most cited framework yesterday around a Surtain / Stokes swap, Bridgewater and 2022/23 firsts.   That would put the pick swap at about 25 value.  Seems about right for the 3-1sts pick range being floated.   Also less than the 3-pick (including 1.9 by itself) plus young starter price floated for Wilson / Watson (whose youth raises the tag).    

If Denver is willing to do that swap above I’d suspect a deal goes down post-June 1.   The ability to include a premium position player can’t be matched by other teams - let alone the issue of A-ARod leveraging his preference for only certain teams.  

Just now, Cutler06 said:

Well, lets compare apples to apples here, Stafford is 5yrs YOUNGER than Rodgers too. As a Denver fan, hard to see 3 1sts going out for a 38yo, I could see 2 1st and Chubb + A young WR (not named Sutton or Jeudy) or perhaps Bridgewater.

Rodgers has also been healthier and notably better.  And Bridgewater has no value.  His value is as a throw-in so the Packers don't have to start Love if they don't want to.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Like @incognito_man said, he's a good beat reporter but he's not really breaking news.  He reports what he's being told.

Right - but if he’s just relaying what he’s being told then the 5 percent line is pretty eye-opening.    

Edited by Broncofan