Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

Just now, CWood21 said:

Keep telling yourself that.  If he wants to retire to go host Jeopardy, all the power to him.

And you keep fooling yourself, he still wants to play football, just not for the Packers, that much we KNOW. If GB wants to continue to jerk him around I'm sure he'll consider taking $10MM to host Jeopardy and fly the bird to GB's front office. 

Just now, Cutler06 said:

And you keep fooling yourself, he still wants to play football, just not for the Packers, that much we KNOW. If GB wants to continue to jerk him around I'm sure he'll consider taking $10MM to host Jeopardy and fly the bird to GB's front office. 

Right now, he's got two options: Either show up for preseason football with the Packers or retire to host Jeopardy.  We're talking about arguably one of the 2 best players in the NFL.  Do you really think he's gonna retire?  He's not walking away from being one of the best players in the game.

1 minute ago, Cutler06 said:

And BOTH of those QB's are at least 5 years YOUNGER than Rodgers, more longevity, less risk

Also significantly less upside.  The Broncos are poised to make a deep playoff run with Rodgers as their QB.  They're at best a .500 team without him.  If you prefer Stafford to Rodgers, all the power to you.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Right now, he's got two options: Either show up for preseason football with the Packers or retire to host Jeopardy.  We're talking about arguably one of the 2 best players in the NFL.  Do you really think he's gonna retire?  He's not walking away from being one of the best players in the game.

Well it's obvious he feels like GB is jerking him and his chances to win a SB, which is his goal. If you feel you're spinning your wheels at a job, you DO have to look at other options.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Depending on how you value Goff, Stafford just went for 2 FRPs.

It isn't that I don't think Rodgers himself is worth that.  And I definitely understand why Green Bay wouldn't take anything less.  However, I don't know what teams out there could make the deal and it be worth it to them.  

Like, if the Rams were to make that deal for Rodgers, then absolutely.  Ditto 49ers.  But what other teams are out there in their position where they can truly say they are just a QB away?  I don't know.  Like of the available teams that need a QB, I don't think it would be worth it to any of them except maybe, maybe Denver or Carolina (only saying this because of the young talent both teams have on defense + the weapons they have, I don't think either team should make that trade though).  And even then, I don't know.  Even with the Stafford/Rams deal, it probably isn't worth it if they aren't making a championship game or Super Bowl.  With Rodgers, you probably get even less time to accomplish those things.

Edited by iknowcool

Just now, CWood21 said:

Also significantly less upside.  The Broncos are poised to make a deep playoff run with Rodgers as their QB.  They're at best a .500 team without him.  If you prefer Stafford to Rodgers, all the power to you.

I might agree with Goff, but Stafford has just been saddled being the QB of the Lions and that pathetically run organization. You don't have to be a GB apologist to see that

1 minute ago, Cutler06 said:

Well it's obvious he feels like GB is jerking him and his chances to win a SB, which is his goal. If you feel you're spinning your wheels at a job, you DO have to look at other options.

So it boils down to his feelings?  If he didn't go through the same damn thing with Favre, I'd probably be inclined to agree.  But he was the "bad guy" during the Favre saga.  He's mad because his play dwindled and Gute hedged his bets on Love.  And he's mad because he thinks he deserves more say despite the fact that he's a player.

6 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Like, if the Rams were to make that deal for Rodgers, then absolutely.  Ditto 49ers.  But what other teams are out there in their position where they can truly say they are just a QB away?  I don't know.  Like of the available teams that need a QB, I don't think it would be worth it to any of them except maybe, maybe Denver or Carolina (only saying this because of the young talent both teams have on defense + the weapons they have, I don't think either team should make that trade though).  And even then, I don't know.  Even with the Stafford/Rams deal, it probably isn't worth it if they aren't making a championship game or Super Bowl.  With Rodgers, you probably get even less time to accomplish those things.

Same reason why the Rams were confident giving up those FRPs.  They were going to be late.  Let's look at this objectively, the FRP the Broncos would theoretically trade this year would likely fall in that 24-32 range.  So we're talking about a late FRP.  The pick in '23?  Again, probably in that 24-32 range but has some more volatility so you're probably talking more likely in that 16-28 range.  It only really becomes a valuable pick when you're talking about significantly in the future.  And that's why I think Denver probably isn't going to be willing to deal 3 FRPs.  I think it's going to be 2 FRPs, a second plus a good young player.  Something like '22 FRP, '23 FRP, and '24 SRP plus Jeudy.  Or something along those lines.

8 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

I might agree with Goff, but Stafford has just been saddled being the QB of the Lions and that pathetically run organization. You don't have to be a GB apologist to see that

Trust me, I've been a vocal supporter of Stafford for years.  He's a good QB, and he's a 6-12 QB when he's at his peak in terms of value.

4 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

He's worth more than that. 

To who though?  What teams that need a QB could make that trade and would become Super Bowl favorites or strong contenders at the very least?  That is the problem.  You make that deal for a 37-year old QB, you HAVE to at the very least make a championship game or Super Bowl.  Even if we assume Rodgers doesn't regress, we're still probably talking a 3-year window.  

Again, I'm not talking about what Rodgers himself is worth, but more of how worth it making that deal is for other teams.  Out of all the teams left that could reasonably make the trade, I think it would be an enormous, high-risk gamble for all of them.  LA and San Fran could mostly afford to make the trades that they did because their team is already pretty dang good.  A lot of people seem to think really highly of Denver, so if you put them in that realm (I wouldn't personally, but I get it), then sure maybe it is worth it to them.  But it is still a big gamble.  Huge difference between signing Brady in FA and keeping your young nucleus and draft picks, and trading the farm for Rodgers.

15 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

He's worth more than that. 

That's so open-ended, makes me think, you as a Texans fan is just trying to setup trade  value for the eventual Watson trade, if he isn't banned....I must be so jaded. 

Rams giving up multiple 1st rd to get stafford is not comparable to the situation that is Rodgers. You have to think that the Rams gave up a 1st to get Stafford and a 1st to get Goff off of their salary cap. So to say Stafford got 2 1st rds is just not the case. Detroit had to take on 40 mil in guaranteed cap, browns got a 2nd for Osweiler's contract so I think you can take that 1st out. So if your looking to move the 37 year old MVP he is going to likely get a 1st and 2nd or possibly another 1st but even that is stretching it based on his age.  I do not see how any team can give up 3 1st rd for his services and to me that asking price is just a fan hoping for the best. Detroit had 3 offers on the table too, after last weeks draft would there be that many offers on the table for Rodgers? Denver maybe Vegas and that is likely it.

Edited by soflbillsfan

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Same reason why the Rams were confident giving up those FRPs.  They were going to be late.  Let's look at this objectively, the FRP the Broncos would theoretically trade this year would likely fall in that 24-32 range.  So we're talking about a late FRP.  The pick in '23?  Again, probably in that 24-32 range but has some more volatility so you're probably talking more likely in that 16-28 range.  It only really becomes a valuable pick when you're talking about significantly in the future.  And that's why I think Denver probably isn't going to be willing to deal 3 FRPs.  I think it's going to be 2 FRPs, a second plus a good young player.  Something like '22 FRP, '23 FRP, and '24 SRP plus Jeudy.  Or something along those lines.

Rams have a proven track record though.  We just assume Denver would be good with a better QB, and that's certainly possible if not likely, but we don't really know.  It's entirely possible Fangio just isn't all that good of a head coach, and yes you can point to injuries but it isn't like their defense was some great, amazing unit last year.  Even with Rodgers, I don't think you can just automatically insert them in the playoffs 3 consecutive years, especially with KC in the same division.

I get it if the Broncos make the deal.  I just think it is a big gamble for a 3-yearish window at best.  

Edited by iknowcool