NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

39 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Cook isn't in the same league as Hunt. Chubb looks fantastic too, he's probably better than Cook too. 

Dont know about Cousins over Mayfield honestly. That might be a wash. 

Forgot about Hunt, but honestly I'm just going to pretend he isn't there, because...well he shouldn't be.

I'd rather have Chubb over Cook to be honest, but its close. And while I'm no fan of Cousins, he is definitely a better QB right now, but that will certainly change quick.

Digg and Thielen is a better duo, no doubt in my mind. Njoku is still all potential at this point.

9 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

And while I'm no fan of Cousins, he is definitely a better QB right now, but that will certainly change quick.

Passing Rushing Receiving
Rk Player From To Cmp Att Yds TD Int Sk Yds Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD
1 Kirk Cousins 2018 2018 26.6 37.9 268.6 1.9 0.6 2.5 16.4 2.8 7.7 0.1 0.1 -0.1 0.0
2 Baker Mayfield 2018 2018 22.1 34.7 266.1 1.9 1.0 1.8 12.4 2.8 9.4 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0

Cousins: 8-7-1 with team many thought would be in the Super Bowl

Mayfield: 6-7-0 with the Cleveland Browns

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Cook isn't in the same league as Hunt. Chubb looks fantastic too, he's probably better than Cook too. 

Cook isn't in the same league because he tore his ACL then had a hamstring injury? I gurantee you Cook would have been right up at the top for Rookie of the year his rookie year if not for the torn ACL. 

2 hours ago, vikestyle said:

Yes but that's what the offense called for. He's an excellent route runner and has excellent hands, the two things that Diggs is also proficient at.

Just because an offense asked him to catch 100 balls for 9 yards  catch doesn't mean he is a great WR

Just now, byuvike88 said:

Just because an offense asked him to catch 100 balls for 9 yards  catch doesn't mean he is a great WR

I'm not saying he's the greatest wideout ever, but don't think he should be penalized for running short routes when that's what the offense asked him to do and what the QB could handle. Last year he average 13 ypc, 3 ypc more than Diggs. I also think Diggs is better than Landry, but only slightly. I think that Odell is better than Thielen by a little more. So I think the Browns have a better duo.

7 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I can even see it in a different way....

You have a top-3 WR in OBJ. You have a top-3 RB in Barkley (who I can't blame them for taking after Baker since Darnold, Rosen, Allen do nothing for me)

You're basically inviting a QB (2019 draft, trade for Rosen, Foles, etc) to step in with two of the best weapons in the NFL on one offense and succeed.

Now, they're going to waste at least 3 years (2018-2020 at minimum) of their stud running back as they have no hint of an answer at QB.

HOW DO YOU MESS THAT UP?!?!?! THE ABSOLUTE PERFECT MOLD TO INSERT A YOUNG QB.

Barkley might as well be the next Adrian Peterson. All that talent wasted on junk QBs and junk receivers (sans 2009) and only getting one playoff win in 4 appearances over 10 seasons

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

9 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Hunts’ pretty dang good.

Chubb I’ll leave up in the air, I’d like to see Cook have an opportunity to run being a solid offensive line like Chubb did before I make that judgement.

I think the trade of OBJ says more about his impact in the locker-room than his impact on the football field.  Even from Shurmur's comments with PA during the Combine regarding OBJ, it didn't sound like he was all that fond of him personally. 

And I'm not jumping on board the Browns bandwagon until I see them all on the field.  It sounds like Fantasy Football team-making to me...and if it doesn't work, it will fail on an epic level.