NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

If you find yourself with no options but wearing gear of another team nobody forces you to post a video of the nightmare. If someone else had shot the video and posted it I could understand an argument that it was out of his control. Since he posted it himself the laundry day argument holds no water. He didn't have any other clothes? Really?

And, has he grown so flabby that he can't workout without a shirt without it being a complete lack of courtesy to others.  We all get to that point, but he is pretty young to already be there.

Diggs is being drama. It appears he enjoys being drama. That's his choice. I hope he fully understands and appreciates the natural consequences that come with that decision.

5 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

If you find yourself with no options but wearing gear of another team nobody forces you to post a video of the nightmare. If someone else had shot the video and posted it I could understand an argument that it was out of his control. Since he posted it himself the laundry day argument holds no water. He didn't have any other clothes? Really?

And, has he grown so flabby that he can't workout without a shirt without it being a complete lack of courtesy to others.  We all get to that point, but he is pretty young to already be there.

Diggs is being drama. It appears he enjoys being drama. That's his choice. I hope he fully understands and appreciates the natural consequences that come with that decision.

:facepalm:

You would prefer that he work out shirtless than wear a Cardinals shirt?  

2 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

:facepalm:

You would prefer that he work out shirtless than wear a Cardinals shirt?  

No, you didn't catch what I was saying. I prefer that he doesn't post videos of himself working out in another NFL team's shirt. There is no reasonable excuse for doing that other than simply wanting the drama; Diggs most certainly did have other options, one of which was not wearing a shirt and another of which is simply not posting the video. I imagine he had plenty of other options at his disposal as well.

2 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

I did catch what you were saying. My point is that this is a total overreaction, and not worth another post. Be upset about it if you need to be.

I am curious as to what I said you feel is an overreaction and why you feel it is an overreaction. When I read back what I wrote it appears quite benign to me.

Is it really an overreaction to suggest he is being drama? I don't see it that way at all.

Diggs is being Diggs. That includes some drama. That is who he is and he shouldn't try to be anyone else.

Edited by Cearbhall

Fourteen years ago today, the Saints signed Drew Brees to a free-agent contract. As agent Tom Condon has said, Brees at the time had 15 studs in his shoulder, due to surgery to fix an injury that happened in his last game with the Chargers. For the Dolphins, that was a problem. Coach Nick Saban wanted Brees, but doctors rejected the 2001 second-rounder from Purdue. (Curiously, those same doctors would instead embrace Daunte Culpepper, who had three torn knee ligaments and for whom the Dolphins had to give up a second-round pick.)

Signing Brees was a calculated risk, and his initial six-year, $60 million deal was structured to give the Saints a chance after the first season to pull the plug. Brees also was a fallback for new coach Sean Payton. The former Dallas offensive coordinator wanted to trade for then-unknown Cowboys backup Tony Romo, whom Payton had helped discover and groom. But Cowboys coach Bill Parcells refused to part with the player who would become the starter during the 2006 season, supplanting Drew Bledsoe.

No one has supplanted Brees in New Orleans. He has become one of the top five (in my view) quarterbacks of all time, and he’ll eventually sign a contract to return to the Saints for what will be a fifteenth season. He most likely will become the first player to throw for 80,000 career yards, and he’ll have at least one more chance to walk off into the sunset with a second Super Bowl trophy.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/14/saints-landed-drew-brees-14-years-ago-today/