NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

30 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Far and away the best to ever play the position. 

Is it weird to think that most successful =/= best?

Undeniably great and clutch and all of the other superlatives, but I don’t think he was the best QB to play the position. I’m sure I’m in the minority here 🤷‍♂️

Just now, JDBrocks said:

Is it weird to think that most successful =/= best?

Undeniably great and clutch and all of the other superlatives, but I don’t think he was the best QB to play the position. I’m sure I’m in the minority here 🤷‍♂️

Brady certainly isn't the most talented QB to ever play, but he's certainly the best QB to ever play. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Given the same team for one season I’d take prime Peyton or Rodgers before Brady.

Not a chance. Both Manning and Rodgers have been on much better teams than Brady has been on, and they continuously fell short, while Brady has been on multiple teams that were less talented than Rodgers' or Manning's best and he pulled them across the finish line.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

It was probably the right time to leave

Following that loss, Brady discussed the possibility of retirement, citing his wife, supermodel Gisele Bündchen, and their children as a reason to slow down.

Brady: “I said this a few years ago, it’s what relationships are all about. It’s not always what I want. It’s what we want as a family. And I’m gonna spend a lot of time with them and figure out in the future what’s next. It pains her to see me get hit out there. And she deserves what she needs from me as a husband, and my kids deserve what they need from me as a dad.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tom-brady-announces-retirement-from-football_n_61f01634e4b02de5f5106a98