NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

5 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Nah, I’m sure the main part was he got silently offered the Pats job after Bill retires and a damn good pay rays to stay in New England.

We'll never know.

If the Patriots did make such a promise they would be in breach of the Rooney Rule. And, as the lawyers like to say, a verbal agreement isn't worth the paper it's written on.

I still think that McDaniels' previous coaching stint at Denver, where he (rightfully) didn't think that Jay Cutler was the guy, but never came close to finding someone who was, has made him very selective about which HC opportunity he is going to grab. Then again, Brady is nearing the end of his career, so the New England HC job may not be what it once was.

:ph34r:

7 minutes ago, milanb said:

If the Patriots did make such a promise they would be in breach of the Rooney Rule.

not necessarily... i glanced at an article recently about some HC hire where it was determined the Rooney Rule was not breached because it was a situation where a long time assistant coach with the team was promoted up. and Rooney did not have to be in effect because he was being groomed for the position basically. could easily be argued the same for McD.

can't remember who it was about though.

38 minutes ago, milanb said:

If the Patriots did make such a promise they would be in breach of the Rooney Rule. And, as the lawyers like to say, a verbal agreement isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Teams can bypass the Rooney Rules if they hire a coach who has been deemed a successor. 

The Ravens are doing this with there GM position, as they just announced that Eric DeCosta will replace Ozzie Newsome in 2019. And the Seahawks did this with Jim Mora Jr. when he succeeded Mike Holmgren. 

22 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Teams can bypass the Rooney Rules if they hire a coach who has been deemed a successor. 

The Ravens are doing this with there GM position, as they just announced that Eric DeCosta will replace Ozzie Newsome in 2019. And the Seahawks did this with Jim Mora Jr. when he succeeded Mike Holmgren. 

Did you just listen to the Dan Lebatard show? Because this is where I heard this first from Todd McShay.

I’d assume he will be cut. They cut Trumaine Brock who was actually one of their best corners over a domestic violence issue, probably won’t let him last long either. 

Incident at a nightclub, drug charges, and now this. 

Very serious, Felony case of domestic violence, and a gun charge.

Not looking good for a guy that completely changed the 49ers defense while on the field.

10 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

I’d assume he will be cut. They cut Trumaine Brock who was actually one of their best corners over a domestic violence issue, probably won’t let him last long either. 

Incident at a nightclub, drug charges, and now this. 

Very serious, Felony case of domestic violence, and a gun charge.

Not looking good for a guy that completely changed the 49ers defense while on the field.

What lesson should we take from this incident, going into the draft in a few months?

Hint: highly talented players aren't valuable if they are not on the field due to legal issues. 

Let's do the math:

High talent times zero playing minutes = no talent contribution to the team.