NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

46 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

While there are many reasons as to why I think Flores would be a great HC option for Arizona, his relationship, and handling, of Tua during his time in Miami would give me significant pause with the idea of pairing him with Murray.

Yup, but he also doesn’t have a Fitzmagic to go back to. 
The only other issue with the situation is that there’s a shot Murray misses some time into next year…….sooo there could end up being some Vet QB come in there and start the issue all over again.

I was shocked by the news today of the abrupt retirement of the GOAT.  It took me hours to snap out of my shock caused by the abrupt announcement.  At first, I thought it was an erroneous report.  But I heard it twice and realized 'he's not coming back.'.   At times like these, we should try to move beyond the grief and shock by remembering the good times we had watching and listening to him.  So, we should all try to again enjoy all the great memories, and his numerous records, while we press on with our mundane lives. Sigh!  I'll find it difficult to get out of bed each day for the next few weeks and engage in my daily routines knowing that he won't be back, ever.  Sigh!  I'll miss ya, Ozzy!  Sharon deserves your full devotion and attention now that you've hung up your cape and horns.

PS Oh, yeah, it's also a sad day due to TB possibly retiring, again.  Personally, I think he wants Favre's record, and will be back a few more times.

Edited by Purplexing
to add the PS and thus, remain on topic. :)
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Purplexing said:

I was shocked by the news today of the abrupt retirement of the GOAT.  It took me hours to snap out of my shock caused by the abrupt announcement.  At first, I thought it was an erroneous report.  But I heard it twice and realized 'he's not coming back.'.   At times like these, we should try to move beyond the grief and shock by remembering the good times we had watching and listening to him.  So, we should all try to again enjoy all the great memories, and his numerous records, while we press on with our mundane lives. Sigh!  I'll find it difficult to get out of bed each day for the next few weeks and engage in my daily routines knowing that he won't be back, ever.  Sigh!  I'll miss ya, Ozzy!  Sharon deserves your full devotion and attention now that you've hung up your cape and horns.

PS Oh, yeah, it's also a sad day due to TB possibly retiring, again.  Personally, I think he wants Favre's record, and will be back a few more times.

Very clever!  Well done!!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Colts are a big time joke. Make a decision. What are you going to get from a third interview that you couldn't from the 2nd interview that essentially lasted the entire day for each candidate? 

It's certainly unorthodox.  I do recall that occurring with another franchise in the recent past, but I can't remember who that was.   I guess it would matter who was involved in those other interviews.  For my current job, I think I had at least 3 interviews myself, but of course, each was with different individuals.  

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It's certainly unorthodox.  I do recall that occurring with another franchise in the recent past, but I can't remember who that was.   I guess it would matter who was involved in those other interviews.  For my current job, I think I had at least 3 interviews myself, but of course, each was with different individuals.  

was your 2nd interview a 12 hour, entire day excursion though? Paralysis by Analysis right now in Indy. 

55 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Colts are a big time joke. Make a decision. What are you going to get from a third interview that you couldn't from the 2nd interview that essentially lasted the entire day for each candidate? 

My theory that Ballard and the football minds are trying to talk Irsay out of hiring Jeff Saturday looks like it may be true. I really can’t see another reason as to why they’d need to interview so many candidates, and why they would drag out the process this far. 

2 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

What will they get? More cover for picking Saturday. 

"We left no stoned unturned, but this process has only strengthened our belief that Jeff Saturday is the best man for the job."

It's BS, but that's likely what they're doing. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Most every company I know of does 3-5 interviews for jobs.