NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

6 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Sigh. Such a pedantic answer. I'm opposed to a longer regular season, which is clearly the meaning of my post. 

Pedantic or not, it's still the truth.  I'm fine with an additional regular season game at the expense of a meaningless preseason game.  I think preseason games are still needed, but 4 of them are not. 

3 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

Burfict suspended for the year. Oakland should be embarrassed they signed him. And he's why I didn't respect Lewis in Cincy. Anyone that employs him doesn't care about safety and health. 

I was listening to something and reminded that Burfict had a problem even before he got to the NFL.

Burfict entered the 2012 NFL Draft after his junior season, finishing his collegiate career with 22 personal fouls in 37 games with the Sun Devils.

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/12/18/13351854/vontaze-burfict-history-cincinnati-bengals-asu-personal-fouls

8 hours ago, Klomp said:

I was listening to something and reminded that Burfict had a problem even before he got to the NFL.

Burfict entered the 2012 NFL Draft after his junior season, finishing his collegiate career with 22 personal fouls in 37 games with the Sun Devils.

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/12/18/13351854/vontaze-burfict-history-cincinnati-bengals-asu-personal-fouls

All of which was prior to the targeting penalty being instituted in college football.  

12 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Jay Gruden fired from Washington. For their time together in Cincinnati, I'm guessing he's already being linked to Zimmer. 

I wouldn't mind him but we already have a lot of cooks in the kitchen.

I think he goes to Oakland. He'll do great as an OC/Offensive Consultant.

3 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Jay Gruden fired from Washington. For their time together in Cincinnati, I'm guessing he's already being linked to Zimmer. 

Don’t see the need to bring him in. I feel like it would just intefere with Kubiak’s influence, who’s probably going to be the OC next year when Stefanski bolts for a HC gig.

Edited by vikingsrule

Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey has a shot at one of the most productive seasons for a running back in NFL history.

McCaffrey is leading the NFL with 105 carries for 587 yards and has added 31 catches for 279 yards. That’s a total of 866 yards from scrimmage in five games, which puts him on pace for 2,771 yards from scrimmage over a 16-game season.

The NFL record for yards from scrimmage in a season is 2,509, set by Chris Johnson in 2009. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/07/christian-mccaffrey-on-pace-to-break-nfl-record-for-yards-from-scrimmage/

10 hours ago, Klomp said:

But does that sound like something Danny Snyder would do?

I still don't view Bieniemy as HC material, but I could be proved wrong...and if he wants me to be proved wrong, he shouldn't go to Washington.  No one should until Mr. Snyder gives up his wanna-be GM dreams.