Recapping the 2021 Draft (Post-Draft Talk)

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

Did we get any explanation on JOK dropping like that? He was seen as a top 20 player everywhere i looked.

Because the Internet and TV don’t always paint a picture of what NFL GM’s are thinking

Schefter:

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah had a heart issue that came up late in the process and was a concern for most teams, which is why he fell out of the first round and to pick No. 52 with Cleveland, per sources. Doctors ultimately cleared Owusu-Koramoah but it did contribute to him falling.

So Moehrig fell because of a super late back concern and Koramoah fell because of a super late heart concern (both actually confirmed, not just smoke). Not because teams were lower on them than the media. 

IMO JOK goes pick 19 to Washington if no health concerns. 

And Moehrig goes no later than 31 to Baltimore. And probably 25 to Jacksonville. 

Edited by BayRaider

6 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Payton Turner was ranked as low as 118th by PFN (69 average ranking from the 6 sources i used). He went 28th to the Saints.

I had Turner 43rd, and many rankings had him Top 50 (more did than didn’t from what I saw, so maybe compile like 20+ sources). Plus tons of reports came out in the final 72 hours saying he’s going in the 1st. Same as Jordyn Brooks the year prior. 

Edited by BayRaider

Honestly... the biggest disappointment for me is that Fields fell to 11 and the Raiders didn't jump on that opportunity.

They could have gotten younger, more dynamic and really exciting on offense. 

The price was cheap considering you could easily trade Carr for picks. 

I feel like that will be one of those things that you look back on in 3 years and wish you would have done. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

I hate that we try to change guys natural position so much then wonder why it fails so often. If you want a rt then draft a rt don’t try to convert someone. It’s like we think we’re can turn water to wine. I wish we could just master the basics before we get fancy.

48 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Honestly... the biggest disappointment for me is that Fields fell to 11 and the Raiders didn't jump on that opportunity.

I feel like that will be one of those things that you look back on in 3 years and wish you would have done. 

Yep, I would have traded to 11 and offered more than the Bears. Trade Carr for a 1st to New Orleans or someone else, and all you really lose is like a 3rd and 4th Round Pick. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I hate that we try to change guys natural position so much then wonder why it fails so often. If you want a rt then draft a rt don’t try to convert someone. It’s like we think we’re can turn water to wine. I wish we could just master the basics before we get fancy.

I get your point, but it's not like we're asking a CB to become a DE. It's relatively commonplace to do what we're doing asking Leatherwood to be a RT from LT. Even the move of Deablo of S to WLB is pretty standard. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I did like Fields. And I don't like a lot of qb prospects. This will be something to look back on.

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I did like Fields. And I don't like a lot of qb prospects. This will be something to look back on.

I'm usually picky with my QB Prospects and I really liked all four guys. Liked Fields the least, but still liked him quite a bit. Will be very interesting to look back like four years from now to see how this QB class performed. Odds are one will bust, but I just don't see them busting. If one did bust, I'd actually predict Wilson, just a combination of gut feeling, Jets are terribly ran, and the conference he played in. Yes, Lance played in a even worse conference, but his skillset is the best QB skillset that I can ever remember when looking at a QB Prospect, and he's extremely smart with high football IQ. 41 combined TD's and 0 INT's isn't exactly performed by morons, and is impressive regardless of where you are. 

Edited by BayRaider

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I'm usually picky with my QB Prospects and I really liked all four guys. Liked Fields the least, but still liked him quite a bit. Will be very interesting to look back like four years from now to see how this QB class performed. Odds are one will bust, but I just don't see them busting. If one did bust, I'd actually predict Wilson, just a combination of gut feeling, Jets are terribly ran, and the conference he played in. Yes, Lance played in a even worse conference, but his skillset is the best QB skillset that I can ever remember when looking at a QB Prospect, and he's extremely smart with high football IQ. 41 combined TD's and 0 INT's isn't exactly performed by morons, and is impressive regardless of where you are. 

Lance looked good also. Wilson we'll see. I'm also not 100% sold on him.

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I get your point, but it's not like we're asking a CB to become a DE. It's relatively commonplace to do what we're doing asking Leatherwood to be a RT from LT. Even the move of Deablo of S to WLB is pretty standard. 

Usually the guy has some experience playing the position they’re ask to convert to. S to wlb is way different than rg to rt or lt to rt. Feet and hands esp on the edge. bama chipped with te’s too. I’ve just seen us fail every time we try to convert someone except for waller but wr and te are more similar 

13 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Lance looked good also. Wilson we'll see. I'm also not 100% sold on him.

Fields was the #2 QB in this class imo. Wilson is flashy, but I don't seem him doing much.

Lance landed in the best spot. Followed by Mac Jones. Landing in NE he will have a better shot at success than Wilson imo. 

Fields.... I hope Nagy and the Bears don't screw him up. They kind of suck as coaches. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, big_palooka said:

That's such a risky pick because he has epilepsy. 

This is new territory.