Jump to content

Round 7: Pick 256; Kylin Hill, RB, Mississippi State


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, deathstar said:

I’ll cop to recently calling out someone’s take that differed from mine. In fairness though it was horrible. 
 

 

I don't mean like that.  I mean saying **** like "this guy is 100% going to bust" and then someone disagrees or questions why or questions the reasoning for coming to that conclusion and then he throws a temper tantrum calling other people trolls while making **** up about why it's a fact or where he got his info from.  There are a few who do that, but there's one in particular who does this almost 100% of the time (it's definitely not you, btw).

Anyway, that's all I'm going to say about it. 

Back to Kylin Hill!

Edited by MaximusGluteus
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I don't mean like that.  I mean saying **** like "this guy is 100% going to bust" and then someone disagrees or questions why or questions the reasoning for coming to that conclusion and then he throws a temper tantrum calling other people trolls while making **** up about why it's a fact or where he got his info from.  There are a few who do that, but there's one in particular who does this almost 100% of the time (it's definitely not you, btw).

Anyway, that's all I'm going to say about it. 

Back to Kylin Hill!

Yeah, I've spotted this guy. He comes off as ridiculous. 

Loving this pick at the dog end of the 7th. RB definitely a position that can be found late. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact we chose him at that position suggests we may not have been able to get him in UDFA. That said, the RB competition should be very interesting this year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Refugee said:

Finally watched some highlights after telling my friend Patrick Taylor will have something to say about RB3, well, so will Hill. Outside of elite speed, he seems to have a lot of tools you would want. Picking up a guy like this at the end of the draft just solidifies my position of not paying RBs, even if that is the cold hearted truth. 
 

I hope he jumps right in to the deep end and coach Sirmans gets him going quickly.

Welcome to the team!

I still think Taylor is better, let's see in camp and preseason.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I don't mean like that.  I mean saying **** like "this guy is 100% going to bust" and then someone disagrees or questions why or questions the reasoning for coming to that conclusion and then he throws a temper tantrum calling other people trolls while making **** up about why it's a fact or where he got his info from.  There are a few who do that, but there's one in particular who does this almost 100% of the time (it's definitely not you, btw).

Anyway, that's all I'm going to say about it. 

Back to Kylin Hill!

That is why I make a point to write, "I think," when offering up an opinion.  I think that Taylor will be better than Hill, I don't know a god damn thing about it though.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

That is why I make a point to write, "I think," when offering up an opinion.  I think that Taylor will be better than Hill, I don't know a god damn thing about it though.  

I know that based on what the two have shown in their college careers Kylin is a much better back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, deathstar said:

I know that based on what the two have shown in their college careers Kylin is a much better back.

Based on the bits of tape (mostly highlights) Hill seems to be more explosive and a more natural pass catcher, really a good stand in for AJ33. Taylor is more of a straight line runner/slasher but is a hammer. PT will have the leg up on knowing the offense but I don’t know if he has the same tools to work with. We should get a healthy dose of both in the 3 preseason games so that will reveal a lot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I too think Patrick Taylor is better, especially for our offensive system. I also think he has a speed and power advantage over Hill.

Zone blocking schemes requires RBs who can cut and run north/south quickly and Taylor is exactly that type of back. From a physical perspective he is remarkably similar to Jamaal Williams, it will be interesting to see if he can also develop some receiving chops and the highlight videos suggest he has some, he scored a nice receiving TD vs UCLA for example.

Kylin Hill is more of an Aaron Jones type player. I think he has the advantage in the receiving game over Taylor. He's a little shiftier too but he doesn't run north/south quickly like Aaron Jones can. In his highlights he has a number of TDs where he just barely makes it over the line. In the NFL he won't get that same luxury so there's perhaps some questionmarks over his ability to finish at the next level.

In any case I think we will keep at least four RBs on the roster. Jones, Dillion, Taylor and Hill seems to be a potential grouping. Perhaps Weber over Hill is a possibility but I don't see it. Weber is the better runner as he's quicker and more direct but he has shown nothing on tape to suggest he has any receiving chops, I also felt he lacks power in his game. Hill on the other hand runs with more power and has shown he can catch, all of which I feel puts him at an advantage.

The dark horse is Dexter Williams. He has been in LaFleur's doghouse so many times. He fits our offensive system to a T but he just hasn't put it together. Already been cut a couple of times and landing on our practice squad so he is teetering on the edge right now.

Edited by Chili
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chili said:

I too think Patrick Taylor is better, especially for our offensive system. I also think he has a speed and power advantage over Hill.

Zone blocking schemes requires RBs who can cut and run north/south quickly and Taylor is exactly that type of back. From a physical perspective he is remarkably similar to Jamaal Williams, it will be interesting to see if he can also develop some receiving chops and the highlight videos suggest he has some, he scored a nice receiving TD vs UCLA for example.

Kylin Hill is more of an Aaron Jones type player. I think he has the advantage in the receiving game over Taylor. He's a little shiftier too but he doesn't run north/south quickly like Aaron Jones can. In his highlights he has a number of TDs where he just barely makes it over the line. In the NFL he won't get that same luxury so there's perhaps some questionmarks over his ability to finish at the next level.

In any case I think we will keep at least four RBs on the roster. Jones, Dillion, Taylor and Hill seems to be a potential grouping. Perhaps Weber over Hill is a possibility but I don't see it. Weber is the better runner as he's quicker and more direct but he has shown nothing on tape to suggest he has any receiving chops, I also felt he lacks power in his game. Hill on the other hand runs with more power and has shown he can catch, all of which I feel puts him at an advantage.

The dark horse is Dexter Williams. He has been in LaFleur's doghouse so many times. He fits our offensive system to a T but he just hasn't put it together. Already been cut a couple of times and landing on our practice squad so he is teetering on the edge right now.

I think we keep 3 RB’s, especially if we go with 6 WR.  I would think Hill or Williams would make it to the practice squad.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That's not exclusive to the draftnik community...

It's not, it's just way ******* worse inside of it than any other group I can think of

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's not, it's just way ******* worse inside of it than any other group I can think of

But in the grand scheme of things, draftniks are probably better overall than a lot of other groups of weird nerds.  Like the people who tweet at college recruits are way worse.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

But in the grand scheme of things, draftniks are probably better overall than a lot of other groups of weird nerds.  Like the people who tweet at college recruits are way worse.

Is that a common thing now? Jesus

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joe said:

The fact we chose him at that position suggests we may not have been able to get him in UDFA. That said, the RB competition should be very interesting this year.

7th is a great time to grab a “top udfa” who may not want to come to GB, either because they don’t see it as a preferred destination or don’t like the competition in their position room, and see if you can find a gem. I’m always overly excited about the new recruits but this guy could be a steal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Refugee said:

7th is a great time to grab a “top udfa” who may not want to come to GB, either because they don’t see it as a preferred destination or don’t like the competition in their position room, and see if you can find a gem. I’m always overly excited about the new recruits but this guy could be a steal. 

this.  there are two types of 7th rounders

1)  A guy who inexplicably fell who could have easily been chosen day 2 (it happens)

2)  A priority UDFA who you dont think you could get to Green Bay any other way

I think Kylin is both of those things

Link to post
Share on other sites

Real talk: I think Hill will have minimal impact this year but he could hit next season. This is because currently his best fit is as a gap runner. The guy is very talented, can catch, can pass protect, oozes contact balance, he has good top end speed. But running outside zone requires more vision and decision making that will take time for him to develop. Of course that doesn’t mean that if push comes to shove we wouldn’t play him. It just means I see our coaching staff taking their time with Hill and allowing him to be coached up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...