Round 7: Pick 256; Kylin Hill, RB, Mississippi State

2 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Along with some of these knobs saying he not a good receiver out of the backfield.  That kind of **** is why I don't trust a damn thing most of these "draft experts" have to say.

That's why you should always watch at least a little bit of a player before you read the reports.  Get an idea of what you're watching, and then read the reports.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's why you should always watch at least a little bit of a player before you read the reports.  Get an idea of what you're watching, and then read the reports.

Don't do any of it. It's all pointless

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

so is sitting on a barstool drinking beers, but you are not stopping that

In obviously being facetious about all this because it's fun as **** to do this stuff, but the difference is I don't drink Coors Light all night and think I can be a brew master lol

I've begun to hate the draftnik community because it's all everyone trying to be the smartest person alive. Not like here in this forum. Like the Lance pick, OH 49ers CHANGED THEIR MINDS AT THE LAST MINUTE etc.

Nobody can be wrong. It's okay to not know everything. It's okay to be wrong about a guy. I could go on but you're smart enough to get my point. It used to be more fun imo but now it's a bunch of random *** dudes who think they're geniuses and it just gets old. Especially when they're acting like their 60 minutes of research is better than who ******* knows the hours and years of following these guys since HS

• Like 5

Finally watched some highlights after telling my friend Patrick Taylor will have something to say about RB3, well, so will Hill. Outside of elite speed, he seems to have a lot of tools you would want. Picking up a guy like this at the end of the draft just solidifies my position of not paying RBs, even if that is the cold hearted truth. 

I hope he jumps right in to the deep end and coach Sirmans gets him going quickly.

Welcome to the team!

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Nobody can be wrong. It's okay to not know everything. It's okay to be wrong about a guy. I could go on but you're smart enough to get my point. It used to be more fun imo but now it's a bunch of random *** dudes who think they're geniuses and it just gets old. Especially when they're acting like their 60 minutes of research is better than who ******* knows the hours and years of following these guys since HS

That's not exclusive to the draftnik community...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Norm said:

In obviously being facetious about all this because it's fun as **** to do this stuff, but the difference is I don't drink Coors Light all night and think I can be a brew master lol

I've begun to hate the draftnik community because it's all everyone trying to be the smartest person alive. Not like here in this forum. Like the Lance pick, OH 49ers CHANGED THEIR MINDS AT THE LAST MINUTE etc.

Truth.  And there are plenty of posters in this forum who are the exact same way. Speak in absolutes and pretend they're some sort of expert, tell everyone else how stupid they are, and throw a fit if anyone has the audacity to disagree with them.  Some are so desperate that they'll spend an off season saying that a certain player isn't very good and is only rated high because the position is weak, and then after the player has an awesome rookie season they turn around and say they had him rated first at that position, and then try to throw out b.s. excuses when they get called out for it.  It's ******* pathetic.

Edited by MaximusGluteus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Truth.  And there are plenty of posters in this forum who are the exact same way. Speak in absolutes and pretend they're some sort of expert, tell everyone else how stupid they are, and throw a fit if anyone has the audacity to disagree with them.  Some are so desperate that they'll spend an off season saying that a certain player isn't very good and is only rated high because the position is weak, and then after the player has an awesome rookie season they turn around and say they had him rated first at that position, and then try to throw out b.s. excuses when they get called out for it.  It's ******* pathetic.

I’ll cop to recently calling out someone’s take that differed from mine. In fairness though it was horrible. 

This was from McGinn’s eval where he had him as the 11th ranked back in the draft:

11. Kylin Hill, Mississippi State (5-foot-10 ½, 214 pounds, 4.56 in the 40, Round 5-6): Few doubt his ability after seeing him rush for 1,350 yards in 2019.

“He’s a really explosive athlete,” said one scout. “He’ll be good. Good outside runner. Between the tackles he struggles a little bit with his vision, but he jumps over people and he can catch the ball.”

New Bulldogs coach Mike Leach suspended Hill for a game in 2020 for a postgame outburst before Hill opted out of the season after three games.

Caught 23 passes in just three games last season, impressing another scout. “What he showed this year was more pass-game value,” he said. “Things didn’t go well for him there this year but talent-wise, I like him. Every-down player. He’s not small. Gives you some inside-outside run. Third round is fair.”

Started 27 of 40 games, finishing with 452 carries for 2,535 yards (5.6) and 16 TDs to go with 67 receptions.

3 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Natural recieving back out of the backfield, explosive runner, good in pass pro. I love this pick, LaFleur is gonna have fun with him and Rodgers putting them all over the field.

Throw Degaura into that mix as this year is the first we'll get to see what he can do. The #1 offense shouldnt take a step back.

4 hours ago, Refugee said:

This was from McGinn’s eval where he had him as the 11th ranked back in the draft:

11. Kylin Hill, Mississippi State (5-foot-10 ½, 214 pounds, 4.56 in the 40, Round 5-6): Few doubt his ability after seeing him rush for 1,350 yards in 2019.

“He’s a really explosive athlete,” said one scout. “He’ll be good. Good outside runner. Between the tackles he struggles a little bit with his vision, but he jumps over people and he can catch the ball.”

New Bulldogs coach Mike Leach suspended Hill for a game in 2020 for a postgame outburst before Hill opted out of the season after three games.

Caught 23 passes in just three games last season, impressing another scout. “What he showed this year was more pass-game value,” he said. “Things didn’t go well for him there this year but talent-wise, I like him. Every-down player. He’s not small. Gives you some inside-outside run. Third round is fair.”

Started 27 of 40 games, finishing with 452 carries for 2,535 yards (5.6) and 16 TDs to go with 67 receptions.

Literally no mention of this: https://www.si.com/college/2020/09/23/kylin-hill-mississippi-state-flag-daily-cover

“Either change the flag,” Hill’s tweet read, “or I won’t be representing this State anymore 💯 & I mean that .. I’m tired.”