2021 UDFA Class

3 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

They'll need a third QB to run training camp drills. Apparently Rodgers hasn't approved of one yet.

But I'm really disappointed they didn't sign a punter after the draft. The guy we have is so inconsistent.

We already do have a 2nd punter.

And yes I agree. we need to sign a QB or two for training camp especially if Rodgers holds out.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

His name is Ryan Winslow. I don't think he was the guy they brought in as an emergency punter when Scott was waiting on the birth of his child. So there is hope.

We also got 2 kickers and 2 long snappers on the roster.

20 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Looks like only 7 UDFAs, makes sense. This was the smallest class in NFL draft history because all the non FCS guys didn't have seasons and most went back to school, and even the FCS guys could go back if they wanted. Next year will probably be the biggest class in draft history.

Heard there were about 650 eligible prospects, 259 get drafted, so about 400 guys for 32 teams to fight over, I'm sure about 100 of those guys aren't even rosterable players. Usually we got over 90 by 4-5 guys and cut some of the former PS guys but they probably like those guys better than the crop that was out there.

that is interesting.  next year might be a much bigger crop to pick from.  doesn't mean better, but more options shifts the odds in that favor

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Looks like Gute is anticipating lots of punts and field goals. 

Lol. Probably unhappy with the overall performance and thinking some competition will do them good.

Tbf thats 3 training camp spot taken away from the offence/defence. I think that's a bit overkill.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Looks like only 7 UDFAs, makes sense. This was the smallest class in NFL draft history because all the non FCS guys didn't have seasons and most went back to school, and even the FCS guys could go back if they wanted. Next year will probably be the biggest class in draft history.

Heard there were about 650 eligible prospects, 259 get drafted, so about 400 guys for 32 teams to fight over, I'm sure about 100 of those guys aren't even rosterable players. Usually we got over 90 by 4-5 guys and cut some of the former PS guys but they probably like those guys better than the crop that was out there.

What about the guys who have been out of the game for a year? Does the CFL still exist?

2 minutes ago, R T said:

I see the Packers have Carlo Kemp at 6'3 / 281 listed as a Edge LB, they are going to stand him up. He might have a chance to make the roster like that. 

that slot after the Smiths and Gary is wiiiiide open. I would love for someone to confidently grab that roster spot in August. Might be my most watched battle. Would be amazing to have someone step up and let us potentially walk away from P Smith next year.

1 hour ago, R T said:

I see the Packers have Carlo Kemp at 6'3 / 281 listed as a Edge LB, they are going to stand him up. He might have a chance to make the roster like that. 

Yep, RG's old runningmate on that Michigan line.  He will probably need to slim down a bit and I still don't know if he has the tools but Pettine liked full gown edge setters on his D.  I have no idea what Barry is aiming for.  Hopefully a good PS guy if he flashes.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

that slot after the Smiths and Gary is wiiiiide open. I would love for someone to confidently grab that roster spot in August. Might be my most watched battle. Would be amazing to have someone step up and let us potentially walk away from P Smith next year.

I'm still holding out hope for Garvin as my super sleeper sophomore.  His 2 edgemates from Miami got drafted very high this year.  He has some interesting tools and even got a few snaps last year where he did not look scared.   I'll be happy to see some preseason and will be looking for him to make a leap.

• Like 1