3 P Jurkovec QB
3 K Pickett QB
3 S WIlliams DE
4 R Stromberg C
5 DT
5 DT
5 OL
6 OL

This is solid, but I doubt any of our picks are high enough to get Thibodeaux and we might not be high enough to get Hamilton either. I think we can grab a bigger receiver after the first round too, but Burks is fun. Need to watch Lloyd more. Have heard good things. Gannon would love McDuffie's tackling for all those underneath throws on soft coverage we love to give up in his defense. Not sure we would pick 2 QBs in the 3rd like that.

16 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Trade Cox for a 3rd
Trade Dillard for a 3rd
Trade IND 1 for later 1 and 2

1 K Thibodeaux DE
1 K Hamilton S
1 T Burks WR
2 D Lloyd LB
2 T McDuffie CB
3 P Jurkovec QB
3 K Pickett QB
3 S WIlliams DE
4 R Stromberg C
5 DT
5 DT
5 OL
6 OL

Gannon would make all these defensive studs toothless anyways so. The defense starts with him,  much like how the offense starts with Hurts. I think they both have to go.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This is solid, but I doubt any of our picks are high enough to get Thibodeaux and we might not be high enough to get Hamilton either. I think we can grab a bigger receiver after the first round too, but Burks is fun. Need to watch Lloyd more. Have heard good things. Gannon would love McDuffie's tackling for all those underneath throws on soft coverage we love to give up in his defense. Not sure we would pick 2 QBs in the 3rd like that.

I'm assuming that as bad as this QB class is, 2 QB's still go top 2, and MIA gets us the #3 or #4 pick. Our SOS is weak, so we should win a few tie breakers with our own pick, but yeah, probably not early enough for Hamilton, but maybe. It's a dream draft, so that's assuming stars align for us to get the best picks. "What Howie will really do" draft would look like:

1 Aiden Hutchinson DE
1 Ridder QB
1 McCreary CB
2 Battle S

And that's giving Howie some credit

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'm assuming that as bad as this QB class is, 2 QB's still go top 2, and MIA gets us the #3 or #4 pick. Our SOS is weak, so we should win a few tie breakers with our own pick, but yeah, probably not early enough for Hamilton, but maybe. It's a dream draft, so that's assuming stars align for us to get the best picks. "What Howie will really do" draft would look like:

1 Aiden Hutchinson DE
1 Ridder QB
1 McCreary CB
2 Battle S

And that's giving Howie some credit

Yeah, I get it on the dream draft part.

I just don't want to get my hopes up for those blue chip players when its likely not gonna happen. 

Miami is our best shot though. Gotta hope Hamilton gets devalued for being a safety too.

Now, that mock is a lot more accurate to what could happen lol.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I get it on the dream draft part.

I just don't want to get my hopes up for those blue chip players when its likely not gonna happen. 

Miami is our best shot though. Gotta hope Hamilton gets devalued for being a safety too.

Now, that mock is a lot more accurate to what could happen lol.

I think Hamilton will be viewed like Isiah Simmons

25 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

There’s always a QB or two that shoot up the draft. It happens every year. Someone has monster bowl or senior game or combine and the buzz is just too much for GMs to ignore. 

Last year Lance was already considered a top prospect from his previous season before COVID didn’t allow him to play last year cause FCS didn’t have a season. Fields and Lawrence were already top prospects too, especially Lawrence. Wilson and Jones established themselves over the whole season. They didn’t rise up just cause of a good bowl game or senior bowl.

No one is saying that there won’t be QBs taken in the first round next year. That would be shocking if there weren’t. Quarterbacks are always pushed up in the draft. However, it didn’t seem like a great QB class coming into the year and the college season is more than half over and if you asked most draftniks their opinion of the class has worsened since the season started. Doesn’t mean a good QB can’t come out of it, but yeah. It’s not a great year to have a need for a new franchise signal caller at least looking through the draft. That’s why it probably does make sense we target Russell Wilson if Seahawks are willing to do a deal.

Eagles fans are gonna hate this, but the best thing for this franchise long term might be to just roll with Hurts next year too and spend our draft capital on bolstering the defense in what looks like a strong defensive class. I can see the Wilson trade if it’s not too expensive though.

26 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Sam Howell is going to be the Justin Herbert of this draft class.

*leaves chat* 

Ye I can see this comparison. Not in terms of celling but in terms of how they were viewed as a prospect. Howell and Corral are my two favorite QBs atm, but both have issues.

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Sam Howell is going to be the Justin Herbert of this draft class.

*leaves chat* 

I actually like Howell, too. Expectations were a bit too high for a guy that lost every weapon he had going into this year but he's had moments that would make what you're saying true. I think he's clearly behind Corral right now but I think I would rank him above Willis and as QB2 at this point.

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <