2022 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Danger

40 minutes ago, Danger said:

Rattler doesn't strike me as a guy who's going to pan out in the NFL. Gut feeling more than anything.

I love his talent, but his demeanor is off to me. Seems to lack urgency and the desire to improve. I could be totally wrong but I kinda agree with you. He is from my area though so I am rooting for him.

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Doesn't look like Karlaftis had the best first week. 
Anyone watch Andrew Booth jr vs Georgia?

Yeah. Booth was really good when I saw him. He came up and made some plays tackling at or behind the LOS and defeating blocks. Quick trigger recognizing a screen and racing to the receiver to tackle him. He wasn’t targeted a lot. He’s a favorite of mine. Just silky smooth.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

We probably gonna need to package our pick and either the MIA or IND pick to secure Booth or Stingley, and all 3 picks if we want Thibodeaux or Hamilton.

Eh, not huge on offering multiple 1sts to get one guy unless it's a QB. The CB class is so deep, I'd rather keep our picks and just have a good roster all around, rather than putting all of our eggs into one basket.

Kair Elam is also good out of Florida.

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

Eh, not huge on offering multiple 1sts to get one guy unless it's a QB. The CB class is so deep, I'd rather keep our picks and just have a good roster all around, rather than putting all of our eggs into one basket.

Kair Elam is also good out of Florida.

We'd be better off trading our pick and the MIA pick for an established star, ala Seattle for Jamal Adams or CHI for Mack, and using the IND pick on a prospect. We definitely shouldn't draft 3 different guys in the 1st. Hurts not sucking really opens up so many possibilities for what we can do. 

I like Elam too as a late 1st/early 2nd.

Edited by Jeezla

21 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

We'd be better off trading our pick and the MIA pick for an established star, ala Seattle for Jamal Adams or CHI for Mack, and using the IND pick on a prospect. We definitely shouldn't draft 3 different guys in the 1st. Hurts not sucking really opens up so many possibilities for what we can do. 

I like Elam too as a late 1st/early 2nd.

We'll have to agree to disagree. 3 first round picks that fit in well with our rebuilding time frame will be huge. If were in a win now mode, like we were ready to be championship contenders next year, I could see validity to that argument. Also Jamal Adams hasn't been working out well in Seattle, at least not last I heard.

I think we're still too stuck in the days of draft picks essentially being useless under the pathetic player development skills of Doug Pederson.

Look at the players who developed and performed back then... O-Lineman. Why? We had Stout, who was a holdover from the previous regime. Carson's good year? We had Reich, who was brought in not by Pederson but by the front office. When Reich left, Carson slipped.

Just now, Jeezla said:

Trade our 2nd + Dillard for one of LB Eric Kendricks/Deion Jones (preferably within the next 3 weeks)
Trade our 1 and MIA 1 for DE Josh Allen

1 via IND - CB Kaiir Elam
3 OL
4 WR
5 DL
5 TE
6 QB

I don't get your mindset of always being in such a rush for things. Play the long game, build things up. I feel like you're approach to these things is just antithetical to Sam Hinkie.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't get your mindset of always being in such a rush for things. Play the long game, build things up. I feel like you're approach to these things is just antithetical to Sam Hinkie.

Draft picks are crap shoots. Josh Allen is going to be a stud pass rusher and he's young. I'll happily give 2 firsts for him over drafting 2 unknowns. It's not like I'm trading for Chandler Jones. Josh Allen would be here for a long time.

And a 2nd rounder to finally have a stud LB? you wouldn't want that? Not exactly mortgaging the future here.

Edited by Jeezla

One thing from yesterday's game, Barnett was standing up a lot and dropping back.
he did fine, but far from ideal use of him. If they love Sweat and the winddown years of Graham at that more pure DE spot, probably gonna need to look at more versatile guys. Or even just 3-4 OLBs to take that edge spot.