2022 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Danger

9 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Can never predict injury and it's effect on your season, but talent wise we're not the 28th best team in the league. The trenches are both potential top 5 units. You know the rest. There's a lot of potential on this team at multiple spots.

I don't know about that - this team isn't very good. I understand being optimistic but I don't know if saying that we'll be picking 5th is that big of a stretch given the uncertainties surrounding this team. 

3 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I don't know about that - this team isn't very good. I understand being optimistic but I don't know if saying that we'll be picking 5th is that big of a stretch given the uncertainties surrounding this team. 

A lot of the pieces remain that took this team to the playoffs three years in a row. I'm not gonna bury my head in the sand and ignore that bc everywhere you turn it's a predicted 4 win team. It's a high variance team in my opinion, oh yeah and it's the NFL and nothing ever makes sense besides Tom Brady.

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

A lot of the pieces remain that took this team to the playoffs three years in a row. I'm not gonna bury my head in the sand and ignore that bc everywhere you turn it's a predicted 4 win team. It's a high variance team in my opinion, oh yeah and it's the NFL and nothing ever makes sense besides Tom Brady.

A lot of those pieces are either aging or have regressing mightily, or both. We have uncertainty at just about every offensive position besides TE/RB and we have uncertainty around every defensive position besides DL.

I just don't see it being the year that you expect it to and that has nothing to do with what others are predicting, it's pretty easy to see this is not a great roster. 

5 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Can never predict injury and it's effect on your season, but talent wise we're not the 28th best team in the league. The trenches are both potential top 5 units. You know the rest. There's a lot of potential on this team at multiple spots.

DL I don´t think so, iDL maybe. Edge is very week with this team. 

3 hours ago, Scalamania said:

A lot of those pieces are either aging or have regressing mightily, or both. We have uncertainty at just about every offensive position besides TE/RB and we have uncertainty around every defensive position besides DL.

I just don't see it being the year that you expect it to and that has nothing to do with what others are predicting, it's pretty easy to see this is not a great roster. 

To factor in age is an indictment on a few years from now, not so much the next couple of seasons for me. Like I really don't have any doubt that all of Kelce (if he stays), Brooks, Lane, Graham, Cox, Slay and McLeod will all play at high levels for this year and next. Never saw Harris up close consistently so I can't really speak on him. Kerrigan for his role should be solid for a couple years if they so choose. But just because a lot of our best players are 30-33, doesn't mean they're bad or declining. As a matter of fact, none of the guys I mentioned above showed much of any decline on the field. Cox maybe a marginal amount but nothing substantial enough to make me think he's on a rapid downswing.

43 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Disagree. I think EDGE is a strength for us with a mix of youth and vet who can all play the run and pressure the passer at a solid and consistent level.

Maybe as run defenders, but as pass rusher we don´t have much. Sweat might be our best pure pass rushers but he will never be a 3 down player. 

13 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

, Brooks, Lane, Graham, Cox, Slay and McLeod

Graham was fine but Brandon Brooks missed the entire year last year with an injury, Lane played in 7 games last year due to an injury, Cox had a decent decline in play last year, Slay was bad in 2019 and was only marginally better in 2020 and McLeod is coming off a season ending injury. If these are the folks that you think make us a winning team then I don't know what else to say.

However, at the end of the day the success of this team comes down to whether or not you believe Jalen Hurts is a starting NFL QB - I personally do not. 

Edited by Scalamania

4 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Graham was fine but Brandon Brooks missed the entire year last year with an injury, Lane played in 7 games last year due to an injury, Cox had a decent decline in play last year, Slay was bad in 2019 and was only marginally better in 2020 and McLeod is coming off a season ending injury. If these are the folks that you think make us a winning team then I don't know what else to say.

However, at the end of the day the success of this team comes down to whether or not you believe Jalen Hurts is a starting NFL QB - I personally do not. 

I don't define decline by injury or a guy getting a year older in his lower 30s. I define it as a clear and objective drop in performance. The only guy who you appointed that description to is Cox, whose apex is so high that a decline for him could still be viewed as a very good player. How can Slay be declining if he improved from one year to the next? Seems to me people are being really quick to write these guys off as JAGs. Agreed on the Hurts thing. He holds 80% of the team's story in his hands.

I agree with EBD. I believe in this squad too. Like he said this teams still almost the same team that kept going to the playoffs with quite a few sweet additions imo. Smith, Dickerson(hopefully can give us some tick), Harris , Kerrigan & Wilson.

Yes it all rides on Hurts but I believe in him too. Just like I believe in this squad. I'm not saying SB but a playoff spot or just missing is not out the question. I think it'll be a playoff spot for sure. 

21 minutes ago, Danger said:

My guess is the 10-12 range TBH.

If we are picking top 5 we're taking a QB.

I don't agree with that. If we pick 5th, and the top 2 QB's we like go 1 and 2 (ala Trevor and Zach Wilson), we prob don't take a QB, rather than reach on a guy they just sort of like. I'm guessing we'd take Stingley, Hamilton, or a stud pass rusher.
More likely, we end up trading the pick, and several others, for Watson once he's done settling all these molestations.

Edited by Jeezla

11 hours ago, Jeezla said:
11 hours ago, Danger said:

My guess is the 10-12 range TBH.

If we are picking top 5 we're taking a QB.

I don't agree with that. If we pick 5th, and the top 2 QB's we like go 1 and 2 (ala Trevor and Zach Wilson), we prob don't take a QB, rather than reach on a guy they just sort of like. I'm guessing we'd take Stingley, Hamilton, or a stud pass rusher.
More likely, we end up trading the pick, and several others, for Watson once he's done settling all these molestations.

The latter definitely could happen. I’m pretty sure Caplan has said more than once the Eagles are interested in Watson, but obviously the legal has a long ways to go and we still need to see what we have in Hurts while all that plays out.

Deshaun Watson

Geoff Mosher: “If something were to happen, a trade for Deshaun Watson involving the Eagles, what has to first happen is that Jeffrey Lurie has to be OK with this. And for Jeffrey Lurie to be OK with this it’s not just 'thumbs up' or 'thumbs down,' no. Jeffrey, because we know how active Jeffrey is, he's going to have to have a team of people, researchers, security people doing all of the legwork that needs to be done, leaving no stone unturned so that Jeffrey can make a decision based on the facts that he has accumulated. That's got to be Step 1 before anything else can happen. I mean, you know how Jeffery is and how he views public perception and how thorough he is on things like this. He is not going to do anything unless the information he gets makes him very comfortable with Deshaun Watson's character, and only then.”

Adam Caplan: “I've talked to teams that have interest in him, and the way it works is you have your own security team, you've got your attorney or attorneys, you have NFL security you talk to, you have your own law enforcement sources as one team told me. One team said they did their research on it because this one team is looking for a quarterback but had not been mentioned in all the rumors. The Eagles have been mentioned, obviously. It's been out there for a couple weeks. Panthers, a couple other teams. This one team was not but they were talking about internally and they were discussing if they would do anything. And they were not, but the guy told me this is the way it would work if you do this.”

"The stuff that has been alleged against Watson is very serious. Let's not undermine that. It's very serious. We don't know what the truth is, but you’ve got to take the accusations seriously so I don't see how anyone could trade for him based on the accusations. But if you're a team that's interested, you've got to get to the bottom of what’s real. Obviously if you think even one of the accusations is real, you're out.”

Found this from a quick google search.

But, as far as picking 5th I do think if it’s not QB it’s more likely to be one of the top corners or one of the top pass rushers as opposed to a safety even if Hamilton could be a blue chip player and one of the top to come out in the draft there in the last decade. Safety just isn’t valued as much as outside corner and pass EDGE. I do think he can definitely crack the top 10, but 10-12 is probably more likely than getting into the top 5.