2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

12 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

IMO, if he run a slow 40, and he doesn't look fleet of foot, he's Alan Lazard 2.0. I don't want to spend a first on a guy splitting reps with Lazard. 

He's a lot better than Lazard in just about every facet of the game, but I actually agree with the overall point here that I think the Packers should be looking for more speed at the WR position. I'd take Olave and probably Burks over London if I had the choice. But I would definitely take London over guys like Pickens, Watson, etc.  

20 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Not trying to dogpile you here at all, apologies if you feel that way, it is not my intent.

But Lazard is pretty critical to our offensive scheme.  When you see the nice runs happen, odds are they due in part to Lazard doing some dirty work in the run game.  

This offense really tries to disguise passing looks and running looks.  They try to mirror them all to look the same.  Lazard can get open in this offense and is highly productive when his number is called.

And he's been a steal on his current deal.

What's wrong with getting a better version of Lazard for the future?  Talking about London.  He may test like Lazard, but he plays better in college.  No reason to think that won't translate to the pro game.  When Lazard becomes "expensive", it would be nice to have someone on the roster to take over that role, on a rookie deal.

I think Spotrac has Lazard around $8M/year when this contract is done.  That probably goes up if he gets more opportunities in the passing game with 'Vante gone.

Just food for thought.

Nothing wrong with it at all. i don't feel, 'dog piled' whatsoever. People can disagree with me all they want. You are assuming London will be good at the dirty work that Lazard does so well. I'm not convinced. You make a point, Lazard's price may go up with more chances. IMO, that translate to the guy can do the job if given enough opportunities. He has produced when his number has been called. 

There have been countless 'playmakers' in college who bomb in the NFL. I'm really interested to see this kid's athletic numbers at his pro day. Nothing I see on tape screams athletic. It's more a guy bigger and stronger bullying smaller DB's. Not as easy in the NFL. I didn't see a single play where he ran away from anybody. 

Not too long -ago folks were, 'dog piling' me because I didn't think Karlaftis stood out athletically on tape. Turns out his numbers were good, but not elite. He's now apparently slipping down draft boards. FYI, I'd love him at 22 if he slides that far. His short arms do scare me though. Flash backs of Jamal 'short arms' Reynolds. Not close to the same player, I know. 

Edited by Old Guy

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I think there's going to be a run on WRs in the mid to late teens in this draft.   I hope there's something there the Packers like, if not, I'm confident they'll get a good football player at 22.

Gute is going to deal up for one of those top 5 WR's or so.  That WR room is laughable and needs a major talent infusion.  A few years back when the safety room was looking putrid he dealt up for Savage.  They won't mess around on draft day when it comes to WR.  They'll come out of the draft with 2-3 WR one way or another, and it won't be a bunch of mid to late rounders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

This dude reminds me of some of the big USC WR's from back in the day who were big but nothing special athletically. They all bombed in the NFL. This guy doesn't seem special in any way other than contested catches. He has a lot of practice with those because he can't run away from anybody. 

Michael Pittman Has No. 1 Wide Receiver Potential in the NFL, Leads Tier 2  - Fantasy Footballers Podcast

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Michael Pittman Has No. 1 Wide Receiver Potential in the NFL, Leads Tier 2  - Fantasy Footballers Podcast

OK, let's see his 40 time. I've watched some film of this guy and haven't seen him run by anybody. He doesn't play fast from what I've seen. BTW, skinny and slow is worse than bulky and slow. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I think there's going to be a run on WRs in the mid to late teens in this draft.   I hope there's something there the Packers like, if not, I'm confident they'll get a good football player at 22.

Thing is, every WR taken is a chance that one of the OL or Edge/DL guys also drops.  For every team that is getting ahead of us because we NEED WR11!!!@1, they are (hopefully) dropping a guy like Ojabo right in our lap.  Be patient.  Davante Adams was like the 7th WR taken.  We still have Aaron Rodgers, he's kind of good.

56 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Gute is going to deal up for one of those top 5 WR's or so.  That WR room is laughable and needs a major talent infusion.  A few years back when the safety room was looking putrid he dealt up for Savage.  They won't mess around on draft day when it comes to WR.  They'll come out of the draft with 2-3 WR one way or another, and it won't be a bunch of mid to late rounders.

That's the attitude 👍 :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

OK, let's see his 40 time. I've watched some film of this guy and haven't seen him run by anybody. He doesn't play fast from what I've seen. BTW, skinny and slow is worse than bulky and slow. 

He ran a 4.52.

He had a 1000 yard season last year. 

20 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He ran a 4.52.

He had a 1000 yard season last year. 

Good then he'll be gone before we pick. BTW, 20 WRs ran faster than that at the combine. Where there is no home cooking when it comes to timing guys. So he's probably closer to a 4.6 guy. 

The 1000 yard season doesn't really mean too much. He may very well turn out to be a great player, time will tell. 

Edited by Old Guy

2 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

6'2 181lb WR Tyquan Thornton from Baylor was in GB for a visit. Dude ran a 4.28, 36.5 vert, 130 broad jump at the combine. 

I'd take him in a snap. He's got MVS written all over him - only faster. 
Nothing but WR's this draft. The more the merrier LOL

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Good then he'll be gone before we pick. BTW, 20 WRs ran faster than that at the combine. Where there is no home cooking when it comes to timing guys. So he's probably closer to a 4.6 guy. 

The 1000 yard season doesn't really mean too much. He may very well turn out to be a great player, time will tell. 

That's Michael Pittman, not Drake London.