2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

That's one theory, but I don't agree with it. If he said he wasn't going to run, then teams would know. If he's 'injured' there is doubt. 

I think he's slow. 

Do you think that Mike Evans is fast?

44 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Is there a player in this draft regardless of position that you would trade up for?  

I'm not overly knowledgeable concerning most of the prospects.  About the only ones I've looked at are WR's.

I'd flip a fourth to move up and secure Olave.  Maybe even a third.

I can find another WR in the second, or trade down some.  But I'd give up draft capital to secure Olave.

EDGE wise, from the little I've seen, if somehow Karlafatis (sp) falls close to our pick, I'd be trying hard to acquire him, too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

That's one theory, but I don't agree with it. If he said he wasn't going to run, then teams would know. If he's 'injured' there is doubt. 

I think he's slow. 

Obviously he's slow.

And by slow I mean 4.5 like the majority of other highly successful NFL receivers.

He's a basketball guy, not a track guy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Is there a player in this draft regardless of position that you would trade up for?  

Chris Olave. Most likely wouldn't be a huge jump in the draft so it wouldn't cost us too much. He's also in my opinion, the most pro ready WR and I could see him having a Justin Jefferson-lite rookie season if he's put in the right spot. The right spot would be a team with an already established WR1 and a good to great QB... we only have the latter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Great question. I don't think I'd trade up for any of the WRs from 22.  And I'd sit and wait for guys like Karlaftis, Penning or Hill. Too much depth at Edge and WR (28 and Rd 2 have strong options for both), and O-line and DB are more of a luxury pick than a dire need (I'd be comfortable using mid-round picks for depth as our top pick at either).

But if Hamilton or Davis start slipping to pick 15, I start calling to see what it would take to get them. 

Guy to watch for Day 3. Had Johnson in a mock for us earlier in March and since then he's gained some attention after a really good pro day. Says here he has a visit lined up with GB.

Edited by packfanfb

Always enjoy watching Greg Cosell. He is high on Dotson, as well as Austin III. Not so high on Olave or Watson, compares Watson to MVS. Really likes Burks. Prefers Pickens over London and likes Pierce a lot too.

Edited by Brit Pack
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

Chris Olave. Most likely wouldn't be a huge jump in the draft so it wouldn't cost us too much. He's also in my opinion, the most pro ready WR and I could see him having a Justin Jefferson-lite rookie season if he's put in the right spot. The right spot would be a team with an already established WR1 and a good to great QB... we only have the latter. 

feels like JJ deja vu to me too.

• Like 1