2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

33 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'd be all about this. 

For those who don't want to scroll...

GB trades #28 and the third round pick to New England for #21.  (Not sure if that was it, but that is what it looked like.)

GB took Karlaftis at #21.  EDGE.

Olave at #22.  WR.

Skyy Moor3 at #53 WR.

Abraham Lucas at #59, OT.

Dream scenario?

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

For those who don't want to scroll...

GB trades #28 and the third round pick to New England for #21.  (Not sure if that was it, but that is what it looked like.)

GB took Karlaftis at #21.  EDGE.

Olave at #22.  WR.

Skyy Moor3 at #53 WR.

Abraham Lucas at #59, OT.

Dream scenario?

I doubt he caught that there was a 2nd round.  Round one .. great .. round two .. meh.

• Like 1

In 2010 I really wanted Bulaga, who was from the Crystal Lake IL area. I know some people who live in Crystal Lake and know the Bulaga family. They said Bulaga's father, who was a die-hard Bears fan, was initially pretty ticked off that his son was drafted by the Packers. They said he quickly changed his mind though because some Bears fans he knew gave him a hard time about his son playing for the Packers, but Packers fans treated them great when they were in Green Bay. He remained  Bears fan, but was fine with his son playing for the Packers. Not sure how he felt when Packers beat Bears in NFCCG.

48 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'd be all about this. 

I understand QBs are always over drafted… but why is everyone saying this class is basically terrible … yet still have like 4 QBs going in the first?

im all for it because it pushes players down to GB but it’s just interesting to me that as a collective most agree these guys aren’t worth taking early… but they keep getting projected to go early.

46 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I doubt he caught that there was a 2nd round.  Round one .. great .. round two .. meh.

Skyy seems like a steal at that point of the draft.  Best release in the class and he makes guys miss.

I'll take him at that pick with zero issue.

And I know squat about Lucas except that he's a tackle, so o-line depth should be there.

37 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I understand QBs are always over drafted… but why is everyone saying this class is basically terrible … yet still have like 4 QBs going in the first?

im all for it because it pushes players down to GB but it’s just interesting to me that as a collective most agree these guys aren’t worth taking early… but they keep getting projected to go early.

I agree.

But the worst time to have to draft a QB is when you really need a QB. So........

PFN Mock simulator being generous today. 

1st Run:

22 - Karlaftis EDGE

32 - D. Hill S 

53 - Pickens WR 

59 - T. Jones DT

66 - T. Mcbride TE 

93 - C. Austin WR

2nd Run: 

22 - T. Walker EDGE

28 - T. Burks WR 

53 - G. Pickens WR 

59 - B. Raimann OT

92 - J. Ford RB

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Mine was easily HaHa Clinton-Dix.  I thought it was a pipe dream that we land him.  Great safety, from a great program, and we needed a safety in the worst way.  I was kind of right? 

I also really liked EQ, Kevin King, Eddie Lacy, and Randall Cobb.  I don't think anyone else has even been on my radar.  Bulaga, I guess, but I thought he was going to be like pick 10, so I didn't even think about it.  I also think I made a joke about drafting Richard Rodgers so we could get another Rodgers from Cal, but I wouldn't call that a draft crush.  

Cobb all the way for me. Loved him and figured there was no way with how our WR room looked at the time. I called all my buddies after hyping him up. 

Hasn’t been anyone close really. Honestly remember being pumped for JC Tretter and Damarious Randall but nowhere near the same. Deguara was the next guy probably. Didn’t think round three for him tho. What the hell do I know. 

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Frankly, once we draft Karlaftis and Olave in the 1st, we can draft who ever else Gutey wants. I'm good. 

• Like 1

I love me some Greg Cosell. Here is another video going over the less talked about receivers. Cliff notes, he likes Shakir a lot as a slot. Loves Pierce, like Pickens, he loves them both more than Drake London. He mentions this trait called ‘stride length’ the trait where receivers get into their stride quick and eat up grass fast, which is different to a fast 40 time. He says Randy Moss was the best at it and he mentions he learnt about this trait when he got the evaluation of Jordy Nelson as a deep threat all wrong because he didn’t account for stride length as a trait, he says Pierce has it! That now both Chirs Simms and Cosell who are raving about Pierce.

I really think that Pickens, Pierce and Watkins will go end of the 1st and the very top of the 2nd. If we don’t take one these guys at 28 (Pickens) then KC has two picks rights after us and is WR needy, Detroit picks twice at the end of the 1st and early 2nd, the Jets have two picks at the beginning of the 2nd, and then you have Texans and Bears. No way these three last more than 10 picks after 28.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I agree.

But the worst time to have to draft a QB is when you really need a QB. So........

Yeah but if you are projecting them all to be Christian ponder level busts… you are still going to need to keep drafting QBs haha.

I have to wait and see what Atl does but they seem like they have it figured out. Just be terrible with Marcus this up coming year, and be in position in what you are thinking is a better QB class.

I don’t know why more nfl teams don’t just tank. It’s easier to turn it around in the nfl than the other major sports.