2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

2 hours ago, R T said:

Jenkins was a mid-second round pick also, positional value matters. In the past 53 years the Packers have drafted 2 players that played IOL for them that were picked in the 1st round, and both played tackle in college. 1968 is the last time the Packers drafted a college G/C in the first round. Add in that IOL one of the least pressing wants on the team and the whole Zion becomes a little bit of a silly conversation.   

I think the guy can play OT, so positional value is fine to me. Of the games I watched, one of his games at LT (or a game where he played a majority of his snaps at LT) graded out as his highest graded game for me.

19 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Thats not how a board works though. Theyre not numbering these guys 1-100.

I get that… I’m using numbers as a way to simplify the point. It’s tiers like cannondale stated.

1st tier has so many in it… 2nd tier has so many in it. They aren’t ranked 1-100 per say. But if tier 1 has 20 guys… that’s clearly their top 20, yes?

If they have two QBs in that tier 1… they take one at 28. They reset at the end of the day. The other QB is still there, and no other tier 1 guys are left from Thursday but him, at 53… he was tier 1 on Thursday… now on Friday after the reset he isn’t tier 1 anymore? My point still remains a ton of factors go into putting guys into a certain tier, factors like hey we just drafted a guy at a position that has limited roster space and limited reps during training camp etc. being  5 deep at QB is diminishing value.

I think the point we are getting caught up is im more rigid on this… GB has a guy in tier 1 going into the draft, regardless of the resets at the end of each day that prospect was tiered as a 1 going in. Yet there are a ton of reasons for GB to by-pass picking him.

Edited by Green19

18 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

The agility test is the only reason these guys are even comapred, right? lol.

I think it has more to do with size and as Norm put it… that he is white. 

I would also say Pierce is a longer stride like Jordy too. Yet for his poor agility I would say Pierce is more “sudden” than Jordy ever was. Pierce has shown Adams like jukes at the line of scrimmage (look at the bama tape).

But I can see when you watch him where it looks like Jordy… I don’t think it’s a poor comparison. I think Pierce can give you alittle more if he works out and reaches his full potential.

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The meltdown that's going to occur if/when the Packers pass on Olave twice is going to be legendary. 

Randomly caught the tail end of him on Rome today. Pretty impressive guy. Outwardly Christian, so TT would definitely trade up for him. I don't know what the hell to make of this class, so no bias here

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I think it has more to do with size and as Norm put it… that he is white. 

I would also say Pierce is a longer stride like Jordy too. Yet for his poor agility I would say Pierce is more “sudden” than Jordy ever was. Pierce has shown Adams like jukes at the line of scrimmage (look at the bama tape).

But I can see when you watch him where it looks like Jordy… I don’t think it’s a poor comparison. I think Pierce can give you alittle more if he works out and reaches his full potential.

Why is Jordy a long strider? Jordy has a significantly above average 10-split/40 time

Alec Pierce had an incredible 1.46 10-split.That's faster than Tyreek Hill's. He has the same 10-split as Velus Jones who ran a 4.31 40.

Alec Pierce is the opposite of a long strider. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why is Jordy a long strider? Jordy has a significantly above average 10-split/40 time

Alec Pierce had an incredible 1.46 10-split.That's faster than Tyreek Hill's. He has the same 10-split as Velus Jones who ran a 4.31 40.

Alec Pierce is the opposite of a long strider. 

Because of their length? Not saying they can’t be fast or cover ground quickly by saying long strider. Long strider just means they get to a certain speed or cover a certain distance with less steps than one with a shorter stride.

They use less steps. Which all this typically means, in a practical matter, is they aren’t shifty types. But as I mentioned… Pierce has shown he can do that in game. His general agility test wouldn’t back that up, but he has been sudden and shifty on tape. I just wouldn’t say it’s his calling card.

Just now, Green19 said:

Because of their length? Not saying they can’t be fast or cover ground quickly by saying long strider. Long strider just means they get to a certain speed or cover a certain distance with less steps than one with a shorter stride.

They use less steps. Which all this typically means, in a practical matter, is they aren’t shifty types. But as I mentioned… Pierce has shown he can do that in game. His general agility test wouldn’t back that up, but he has been sudden and shifty on tape. I just wouldn’t say it’s his calling card.

Long strider comes with the implication that they start slow and need to build speed. That doesn't apply to either Jordy or Pierce. 

14 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Long strider comes with the implication that they start slow and need to build speed. That doesn't apply to either Jordy or Pierce. 

Well the practical definition of long striding means their stride is longer… their gait is longer. They require fewer steps to cover a certain amount of distance.

I get the implication… but that’s also why coaches would tell guys respect Jordy because you dont think he can get on you as quickly as he does.

When they are full boar top speed… they look like gazelles running. But they don’t look like these short speedsters. Where their feet move like sewing machines.

Thats what I meant. Never claimed they are slow. The long stride might get in the way of them doing a lot change of direction type stuff. Yet that’s what i said about Pierce. He has shown he can do that alittle.

Edited by Green19

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The meltdown that's going to occur if/when the Packers pass on Olave twice is going to be legendary. 

They should have Kevin King announce the second pick passing on Olave. 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, TheEagle said:

I think the guy can play OT, so positional value is fine to me. Of the games I watched, one of his games at LT (or a game where he played a majority of his snaps at LT) graded out as his highest graded game for me.

The Packers draft under sized LT and okay them inside, they don’t draft IOL and play them outside. Jenkins could be that one guy but I for one think he is batter at OG with Yosh playing OT