2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

He'll play. We'll find a way to get him on the field, whether it's as a 3rd safety, Sullivan's slot, etc. That pick wasn't made with just 2022 in mind. He's Savage's replacement. Plus, injuries happen. The last thing I'm worried about, IRT Hill, is where he'll be on the field in 2022.

You can never have too many good DBs.

Exactly. I think he's a great fit, but he's a 2023 starter for us and the dime DB/injury replacement right away.  He can play literally any spot in the defensive backfield.

Currently, if there is an injury, Shemar Jean Charles sees significant snaps.

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

As I stated in another thread Amari is a 3rd rounder. Not a 1st.

as you get further in the draft you take more risks because players aren’t perfect. You go for the crazy athletes (Ala Janis types) and hope they turn into football players, or you go for football players that aren’t athletes but are try hards and hope they hit (New England does this a lot… getting team captains, that are smart, etc)

In the first you ideally want both. You want to get top end talent, that is a try hard football player.

I still fully disagree. I think Gute has changed his mind about WRs. Someone listed all the ones he's taken and where they stand in the height/weight area...it's been years since he's even picked up a UDFA who fits his "standards". 

Route running and hands are what it takes to succeed in this offense. That's what Gute will target.

10 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Don’t say that. Dream will be dashed when he goes at either 21 or 27.

Yep.  Think there will be a run on these guys.  Gute may have to engineer a small trade up to grab either him or Dotson.  Might lose one of our 4th's.  That's the problem going into the draft with such a glaring hole.  We have to grab one of them. 

Edited by Scoremore

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yep.  Think there will be a run on these guys.  Gute may have to engineer a small trade up to grab either him or Dotson.  Might lose one of our 4th's.  That's the problem going into the draft with such a glaring hole.  We have to grab one of them. 

If we used a first round pick on a WR from NDSU I’d probably be as mad as @Outpost31

27 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Exactly. I think he's a great fit, but he's a 2023 starter for us and the dime DB/injury replacement right away.  He can play literally any spot in the defensive backfield.

Currently, if there is an injury, Shemar Jean Charles sees significant snaps.

I still fully disagree. I think Gute has changed his mind about WRs. Someone listed all the ones he's taken and where they stand in the height/weight area...it's been years since he's even picked up a UDFA who fits his "standards". 

Route running and hands are what it takes to succeed in this offense. That's what Gute will target.

And that might be the case with the WRs… now will he take that WR over say an OT that hits all his markers? Or a secondary CB/S that hit their thresholds? Or an Edge player that does?

Looking at this draft of WRs, a lot don’t completely fit. My point is also would Gute draft a WR over an ideal OT prospect? Or again Edge?

I don’t know if he would…

I do love being in the position that other teams will think that we're desperate to add WR in the first. May even get them to trade up ahead of us and value targets fall because of it. 

Gute's playing chess while y'all are playing checkers.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I do love being in the position that other teams will think that we're desperate to add WR in the first. May even get them to trade up ahead of us and value targets fall because of it. 

Gute's playing chess while y'all are playing checkers.

Think that is exactly what will happen.  So either he trades up to get his guy or sits back and takes BPA.  Hope he just stays patient.  Wouldn't mind at all walking away with a OT or go DL.  Grab one of the bigs.