candyman93

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I think we’re going to keep 5 DTs

I think we might want to show more 3-3-5 looks 

more size will allow us to keep our speed in the back 8

Based on how many DTs we have right now I think we’ll end up keeping 5

Togiai, Elliot, Jackson, Billings, ?

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

What skill set does Tommy t bring? To me he seems like a 1 tech more than a 3 tech. A rock that doesnt shift. His lack of length seems to indicate that he waont shed blocks. 

Am i wrong

He sheds well on film, very disruptive overall. I like him a lot. Probably more at 3 tech but yeah he could hold his own at 1T for limited snaps.

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

We might get rid of elliot, he showed very little last year.

He was a rookie playing in a rotation who graded out well per PFF.

Im not saying he’s great or anything, but I don’t think we can read too much into a rookie year with no TC, etc.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

IMO with all of the DT they've brought in...we may have a "surprise cut" at the DT position. I'm not exactly sure who tbh. 

Strong possibility. Maybe they don't like how Billings took care of himself in the opt out period. Maybe Jordan Elliot isn't learning or developing and the coaching staff is fed up. Who knows. But you're right, it seems like we are building more depth than would be needed if everybody we think is a lock for the roster was actually a lock for the roster.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FGK said:

Strong possibility. Maybe they don't like how Billings took care of himself in the opt out period. Maybe Jordan Elliot isn't learning or developing and the coaching staff is fed up. Who knows. But you're right, it seems like we are building more depth than would be needed if everybody we think is a lock for the roster was actually a lock for the roster.

The bidding war/guaranteed money, even though "small" for an NFL guy in Marvin Wilson, coupled with Togiai in the 4th and the other FA they brought in screams one of those 2 to me...and my money is leaning towards Billings since he opted out last year and provides nothing in the "disruptive/pass rush" aspect.

Togiai and Wilson both lived in the backfield and were penetrating style DT's in college, and that makes me believe that's how Woods and company want them, especially considering that he tried to do that with Ogunjobi and did that with Richardson last year.

He's not a guy who likes his interior DL "occupying" gaps with linebackers cleaning up, but rather likes the disruption at or behind the LOS with really athletic guys who can scrape and play sideline to sideline, not as concerned about the bigger dudes who can get off of blocks.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my prediction.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, brownie man said:

I’m going to go out on a limb right now and say

Jackson Elliot Togiai Wilson McDowell

I’m going to throw it out there and say that we let go of Bilings 

I’d hate to see Billings go. He’s our only run stuffer after a season where we couldn’t stop the run. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321