2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

Peni Sewell’s brother is a pretty good LB!!! He flys around. I am going to break him down here soon. Also Pitts QB is building on his last years tape. I guess he got hurt but he was playing well then next game he wasn’t in. But he’s on the radar to see what he can do with conference play starting

• Like 1

I really Expect a Snyder-type move for our 22 QB with whoever it is being the face of the new Team name so would expect for us to try to overpay for Rodgers or Wilson if either one gets traded.

I just don't like our chances of trading up in draft with teams with more ammo then us and likely picking ahead of us anyways in need of QB and this Draft isn't a loaded QB draft.

I could see us going the route of trying to fix a Young failed QB like Panthers are trying with Darnold if Tua, Daniel Jones, or Hurts are replaced with draft picks or trade

8 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I really Expect a Snyder-type move for our 22 QB with whoever it is being the face of the new Team name so would expect for us to try to overpay for Rodgers or Wilson if either one gets traded.

I just don't like our chances of trading up in draft with teams with more ammo then us and likely picking ahead of us anyways in need of QB and this Draft isn't a loaded QB draft.

I could see us going the route of trying to fix a Young failed QB like Panthers are trying with Darnold if Tua, Daniel Jones, or Hurts are replaced with draft picks or trade

If they had better OC maybe Mitch could be used better then Nagy. But I think we have to see how Taylor responds to mistakes. He’s got a shot at next year every week until it shows it’s nothing but a dream. I could see a Vet move but we aren’t exactly enticing to a aged QB with our history are we? Lol

And maybe I’m crazy but I think Jalen Hurts can play in the league and win.

Edited by ripsean21

33 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

If they had better OC maybe Mitch could be used better then Nagy. But I think we have to see how Taylor responds to mistakes. He’s got a shot at next year every week until it shows it’s nothing but a dream. I could see a Vet move but we aren’t exactly enticing to a aged QB with our history are we? Lol

YeahI agree maybe Taylor will stop pressing,felt like he ignored check downs a lot esp on early downs looking for the big play which didn't feel smart to me vs a buffalo team full of ball hawks,I don't want Alex Smith levels of check down but in our offense with the playmakers after the catch we have out the Backfield with Gibson and JD you have to go to it and get some drives going every now and then.

Think Taylors future depends a lot on the next 2 games though HAS to beat the Falcons and a win vs a tough Saints Defense would be big for him before we play Chiefs Packers Broncos before the bye 4-4 before the bye might keep him the Job going into Tampa after the bye 3-5 and I'd guess a returning Fitz gets the reigns to finish the season

48 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Taylor Heineke is a wonderful back up. I love having him on the team and the energy he brings but we need “the guy”. That needs to happen soon. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Taylor Heineke is a wonderful back up. I love having him on the team and the energy he brings but we need “the guy”. That needs to happen soon. 

And I believe we will find that guy but you can’t make “some guy” be “The guy”. It’s early in the year bud there’s time. But this is confidence month for most schools. Most of these QB’s haven’t had many big moment situations yet. But to date the tape some of these top guys not QB’s  are putting is really good.

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

And I believe we will find that guy but you can’t make “some guy” be “The guy”. It’s early in the year bud there’s time. But this is confidence month for most schools. Most of these QB’s haven’t had many big moment situations yet. But to date the tape some of these top guys not QB’s  are putting is really good.

The tape of Howell is pretty damn good. Please don’t take this as an insult but I just don’t see how you can see something great in Kellen Mond but not in Sam Howell? And I do trust you as an evaluator so I guess that’s why I’m shocked you don’t think any of these guys are good. 

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Peni Sewell’s brother is a pretty good LB!!! He flys around. I am going to break him down here soon. Also Pitts QB is building on his last years tape. I guess he got hurt but he was playing well then next game he wasn’t in. But he’s on the radar to see what he can do with conference play starting

Yep, I noticed the both of them too. Sewell played really well vs Ohio State. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The tape of Howell is pretty damn good. Please don’t take this as an insult but I just don’t see how you can see something great in Kellen Mond but not in Sam Howell? And I do trust you as an evaluator so I guess that’s why I’m shocked you don’t think any of these guys are good. 

Mond has better traits size/arm strength & athletic ability. Sam Howell is currently a better QB and is more NFL ready than a guy like Mond is.

18 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I see a lot of good traits. He has solid wheels. He has a pretty deep ball but it’s something he will have to read and react on quicker. I just see Howell do the same thing Zach Wilson did. I love Zach but when I watch them I literally yell NO!!! When I see them throwing certain throws and neither have cleaned these things up to date. Decision making is a hard thing to fix when you’ve had 3 years to fix it. Just because it’s not counted as a pick doesn’t mean on sundays those generally aren’t. Mond improved in those exact parts of his game from year 1 to 4.
Howell through 5 int’s last season on plays where the defense jumped offsides. And I get taking shots but they weren’t even just throw it plays. He was baited into those throws by Safties and misread pre snap reads and not recognize OG during the play. Hence predetermining and throwing to spots. When he had better guys then the defense last year those guys made plays.

What is Texas A&M’s record? They are more talented this year. Mond would be the best QB right now if he repeated or exceeded last years play. And I get it people didn’t see what I saw in his tape but Howell reminds me of a poor mans Baker and closer to Daniel Jones college tape. He just turns it over. He’s not 6-5 235 and cannon arm like Herbert Allen and doesn’t even have their wheels. So I’m sorry every QB you named had elite level tools to make you say I’ll coach their flaws out because their abilities are head and shoulders what you can say you’d do with Howell to mask his decision making early. And trust me I’m not taking a shot and trust me I want our guy just like you and we can it’s early. But right now Howell has had the worse start he could have. And usually guys that tail off when players they groomed with leave their closer to the Rosens, Matt Barkley’s, Mark Sanchez’s, Brady Quinn, Christian Hackenburgh. I love Howell but what I was worried I could see is what he’s shown this year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I see a lot of good traits. He has solid wheels. He has a pretty deep ball but it’s something he will have to read and react on quicker. I just see Howell do the same thing Zach Wilson did. I love Zach but when I watch them I literally yell NO!!! When I see them throwing certain throws and neither have cleaned these things up to date. Decision making is a hard thing to fix when you’ve had 3 years to fix it. Just because it’s not counted as a pick doesn’t mean on sundays those generally aren’t. Mond improved in those exact parts of his game from year 1 to 4.
Howell through 5 int’s last season on plays where the defense jumped offsides. And I get taking shots but they weren’t even just throw it plays. He was baited into those throws by Safties and misread pre snap reads and not recognize OG during the play. Hence predetermining and throwing to spots. When he had better guys then the defense last year those guys made plays.

What is Texas A&M’s record? They are more talented this year. Mond would be the best QB right now if he repeated or exceeded last years play. And I get it people didn’t see what I saw in his tape but Howell reminds me of a poor mans Baker and closer to Daniel Jones college tape. He just turns it over. He’s not 6-5 235 and cannon arm like Herbert Allen and doesn’t even have their wheels. So I’m sorry every QB you named had elite level tools to make you say I’ll coach their flaws out because their abilities are head and shoulders what you can say you’d do with Howell to mask his decision making early. And trust me I’m not taking a shot and trust me I want our guy just like you and we can it’s early. But right now Howell has had the worse start he could have. And usually guys that tail off when players they groomed with leave their closer to the Rosens, Matt Barkley’s, Mark Sanchez’s, Brady Quinn, Christian Hackenburgh. I love Howell but what I was worried I could see is what he’s shown this year. 

Hackenberg had one good year. Brady Quinn had his best season as a senior. Sanchez and Rosen were way over drafted and the signs were clearly there it wasn’t going to work out. Barkley was like a 5th round pick. I get what you’re saying but I don’t think any of those guys have the tools Howell does. I still think Brady Quinn ended up sucking because the Browns ruined him but that’s just me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

You don’t have to trade up when you have a top 5 pick…

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

@ripsean21 when I watch Sam Howell, I see Baker Mayfield, but Howell isn’t an arrogant pos like Baker is.

I know but he doesn’t protect the ball as well as Baker. But their makeup is very similar trait for trait outside of the decision making on the field I should say 🤣🤣🤣. Howell is a much better behind the mic then Baker unless your a journalist lol

Thats what is bothering me. All he had to do was clean that up this year. He didn’t even have to win games. He needed to make smarter decisions and elevate guys around him. He has done neither. He and Rattler have just looked rough so far. Both are forcing

Edited by ripsean21