Predict the Final 53: The Way Too Early Edition of 2021

swede700

40 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Weatherly and Cole, perhaps. 

What could possibly be their reasoning to cut Cole, who’s not just their only backup center, but who’s also had an outstanding training camp and preseason? 

Cutting Weatherly would surprise me, especially with Robinson moved to IR. 

40 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I don't think they keep 5 RBs (counting Ham).

They have each of the past 3 seasons. I’m not sure why they’d change their approach. 

Edited by SemperFeist

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

What could possibly be their reasoning to cut Cole, who’s not just their only backup center, but who’s also had an outstanding training camp and preseason? 

Cutting Weatherly would surprise me, especially with Robinson moved to IR. 

They have each of the past 3 seasons. I’m not sure why they’d change their approach. 

That’s why it’s a surprise. There are always guys let go who no one expects. Not saying I’d agree with Cole getting cut, just that there’s always someone that we fans don’t expect. 

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

That’s why it’s a surprise. There are always guys let go who no one expects. Not saying I’d agree with Cole getting cut, just that there’s always someone that we fans don’t expect. 

If you want to cut an OL, cut the one that flat out cannot do their job. Dozier is that guy.

Samia might be worth going to the PS. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

People are going to hate it, but Dozier played well enough at LG last night, and at RG against the Colts to earn a roster spot. 

He’s been one of the highest rated players on the team this preseason. Not sure what the rush is to get rid of him. I’d like to see him as a backup, but we could do much worse than Dozier, Cole and Davis as OL 6-8. 

Edited by vikingsrule

17 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

He’s been one of the highest rated players on the team this preseason. Not sure what the rush is to get rid of him. I’d like to see him as a backup, but we could do much worse than Dozier, Cole and Davis as OL 6-8. 

If you’re going to keep the 9 best OL, then Dozier is one of them. But I could see them keeping an extra OT instead of an extra IOL if they aren’t expecting Darrisaw to be healthy week one. 

10 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If you’re going to keep the 9 best OL, then Dozier is one of them. But I could see them keeping an extra OT instead of an extra IOL if they aren’t expecting Darrisaw to be healthy week one. 

Dozier has played tackle. Cole and Davis are able to play all IOL spots. Who’s the 9th OL, an OT? I assume Darrisaw, but any chance he’s IRd for return later in the year?

Edited by vikingsrule

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Dozier has played tackle. Cole and Davis are able to play all IOL spots. Who’s the 9th OL, an OT? I assume Darrisaw, but any chance he’s IRd for return later in the year?

I’m sure it’s possible that they could IR Darrisaw, but if they want him to play again this year, they’ll have to cut down to 53 with him on the roster. 

Ultimately, I’m getting the sense that they’ll keep O’Neill, Hill, Cleveland, Udoh, Bradbury, Darrisaw, Cole, Davis, and Dozier. And they’ll move Brandel and Samia to the practice squad. Brandel had a good game against Denver but followed it up with some rough games against the Colts and Chiefs, whereas Dozier recovered from his awful game with back to back good outings.

If they still need a tackle while Darrisaw heals or catches up, they can always elevate Brandel from the practice squad on game day. 

Finding another OL on waivers, though, seems like a very real possibility. 

Edited by SemperFeist

Cousins, Mond

Cook, Mattison, Nwangwu, Rose Jr, Ham

Smith Jr, Conklin, Dillion

Thielen, Jefferson, Beebe, Osborn, Westbrook, Smith-Marsette

Hill, O'Neill, Bradbury, Udoh, Cleveland, Davis, Darrisaw, Cole, Dozier

-----------

Hunter, Wonnum, Griffen, Weatherly, Jones II, Pierce, Tomlinson, Richardson, Watts

Barr, Kendricks, Vigil, Connelly, Dye, Surratt

Peterson, Breeland, Alexander, Boyd, Hand, Dantzler

Smith, Woods, Bynum, Parks*

-----------

Joseph

Colquitt

DePaola