2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

Okay, the seasons about to begin and for the most part all the experts expect the Jets to be in the top 10 of the worse teams the NFL has to offer.

That being said, I am ever the optimist when it comes to the Jets. This years group, especially on offense I believe will keep the Jets in the games they play.

Does that translate into wins? Perhaps not, but it will set the foundation going forward that playing the Jets is not a given win for opponents.

I love the fact that experts and teams are sleeping on the Jets and give them a chance at 6 wins. They expect Wilson to have some success but at the same time for the reality of the NFL to be overwhelming for the rookie.

I don't think its advantageous to Wilson's development to compare him to other QB's who have had success. But at the same time, Wilson has his own game, and that game has traits that other QB's in the league have who have had success. 

I believe the Jets are going to surprise many of the naysayers. IMHO

2 hours ago, Big T said:

Okay, the seasons about to begin and for the most part all the experts expect the Jets to be in the top 10 of the worse teams the NFL has to offer.

That being said, I am ever the optimist when it comes to the Jets. This years group, especially on offense I believe will keep the Jets in the games they play.

Does that translate into wins? Perhaps not, but it will set the foundation going forward that playing the Jets is not a given win for opponents.

I love the fact that experts and teams are sleeping on the Jets and give them a chance at 6 wins. They expect Wilson to have some success but at the same time for the reality of the NFL to be overwhelming for the rookie.

I don't think its advantageous to Wilson's development to compare him to other QB's who have had success. But at the same time, Wilson has his own game, and that game has traits that other QB's in the league have who have had success. 

I believe the Jets are going to surprise many of the naysayers. IMHO

That is exactly what Jets are going to do.

18 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Did they add Redwine to the roster last Tuesday?  Whatever...

Adams being on the active roster is interesting because I wonder about Coleman and Pernie's situation.

Yeah, I thought it was weird it took this long but I'm glad he's with us. 

IMO, Coleman was just brought in because we needed a RB and he's familiar with the system. He doesn't bring anything to the table but he's great for the locker room. I just expect him to lose to TJ and Carter. 

I'm shocked that Perine is on the team honestly. I'm rooting for the kid, but I thought he was going to get cut with everyone else. 

Haven't been this excited for Jets football in a LONG time.  There were times during Bowles and Gase I didn't care if I missed a game.  There were some games I stopped watching at halftime.  I feel this is going to be different.  Even if we go 5-12 I think this will be a step in the right direction.  Gotta hand it to JD, this has potential to be one of the best rebuilds.  Think about how many draft picks he's gotten to retool and now we have QB, LT, LG, WRs, RB to all grow with each other, along with the head coach.  And we still have all the picks next season.  

It's no longer Sanchez/Geno/Darnold trying to not mess up while the vets/defense win.  I think this is the first time in a while we are really starting from scratch, maybe Mangini, and this team can actually grow.

I can't think of a GM/team who was able to have 5 1sts, 4 2nds, 4 3rds over his first 3 drafts and get their QB with just one of the 1sts on top of that.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Joyner out for the year. 3 biggest FA signings all injured pretty bad in Lawson, Davis and Joyner. Can’t control injuries….. but that’s not the best of luck for JD for a FA period

This team remains cursed.