2022 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

What portion of the draft will be picking?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What portion of the draft will be picking?

• Top 3
    • Top 10
    • Top 15

I still think signing another vet fringe-starting QB to backup Mills this season is the way to go along with either taking a QB late day 3 or signing one as a UDFA we can stash on the practice squad. Brock Purdy or Jake Haener are two that jump out at me. For veteran QBs, I'd love to grab Jacoby Brissett, but wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with Blaine Gabbert/Chase Daniels type. 

Edited by LORK88
  • Like 2

On 1/7/2022 at 10:25 PM, ET80 said:

Going back to Kentucky for 2022, but a flashy athlete...

Transfer portal, going to the University of Washington for the '22 season - don't know much about him but he's TINY.

Now, he's declared - so this is somebody I'll have to check on.

FCS, sorta slight in build, lost his starting job in 2020, had to transfer a few times to get on the field - but he did put up some nice numbers. Likely a UDFA, could be a PS "rags to riches" story with the right mentors.

nice. damn, I didn't know those two weren't declared

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 4:22 AM, LORK88 said:

I still think signing another vet fringe-starting QB to backup Mills this season is the way to go along with either taking a QB late day 3 or signing one as a UDFA we can stash on the practice squad. Brock Purdy or Jake Haener are two that jump out at me. For veteran QBs, I'd love to grab Jacoby Brissett, but wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with Blaine Gabbert/Chase Daniels type. 

Get Josh McCown out of retirement lol

Just did a Texans mock with trades on https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/. Traded down several times, obviously lol. 

• HOU
    Tyler Linderbaum
    OC Iowa
    trade icon
  • HOU
    Kenneth Walker
    RB Michigan State

• HOU
    Brandon Smith
    LB Penn State
    trade icon
  • HOU
    Perrion Winfrey
    DT Oklahoma
    trade icon
  • HOU
    Henry To'o To'o
    LB Alabama

• HOU
    Abraham Lucas
    OT Washington State

• HOU
    Cameron Thomas
    EDGE San Diego State
    trade icon
  • HOU
    Zion Nelson
    OT Miami-Fl

• HOU
    Jermaine Waller
    CB Virginia Tech

• 2023 MIN 2nd
  • 2023 MIA 2nd
  • 2023 MIN 7th

How would ya'll feel if we traded all the way down into the 20s and then did something like this?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

Just did a Texans mock with trades on https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/. Traded down several times, obviously lol. 

• HOU
    Tyler Linderbaum
    OC Iowa
    trade icon
  • HOU
    Kenneth Walker
    RB Michigan State

• HOU
    Brandon Smith
    LB Penn State
    trade icon
  • HOU
    Perrion Winfrey
    DT Oklahoma
    trade icon
  • HOU
    Henry To'o To'o
    LB Alabama

• HOU
    Abraham Lucas
    OT Washington State

• HOU
    Cameron Thomas
    EDGE San Diego State
    trade icon
  • HOU
    Zion Nelson
    OT Miami-Fl

• HOU
    Jermaine Waller
    CB Virginia Tech

• 2023 MIN 2nd
  • 2023 MIA 2nd
  • 2023 MIN 7th

How would ya'll feel if we traded all the way down into the 20s and then did something like this?

I'd personally like to see a WR somewhere in here, and I'd buy a Henry To'o To'o jersey because that name is great (good player to boot) but I don't mind moving down and grabbing as many resources as possible.

I like the Linderbaum pick and the Walker pick a lot, too.

• Like 1

A new coaching staff potentially changes the draft. 1st round QBs are often gotten rid of by a new staff and so I would say Mills job is no where near safe for next year. 

if the draft shakes out like it’s predicted, the two DEs will be off the board and we have our pick of anyone else in the draft, including a QB. 

Yesterday I’d have said there’s no way we draft a QB, but today I’d say it’s 50/50. There’s not a QB worth the 3rd overall pick, but if you think there’s a starting QB anywhere in round 1, you take him at 3 and live with it. 

18 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

A new coaching staff potentially changes the draft. 1st round QBs are often gotten rid of by a new staff and so I would say Mills job is no where near safe for next year. 

if the draft shakes out like it’s predicted, the two DEs will be off the board and we have our pick of anyone else in the draft, including a QB. 

Yesterday I’d have said there’s no way we draft a QB, but today I’d say it’s 50/50. There’s not a QB worth the 3rd overall pick, but if you think there’s a starting QB anywhere in round 1, you take him at 3 and live with it. 

if Pep is OC there is no way we are taking a QB in this draft. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I just did a mock draft simulator and I am sure its junk but here is who i ended up with and I didnt trade

S Kyle Hamiliton
D-Line Demarvin Leal
RB -  Isaiah Spiller
LB - Jack Sanborn
CB - Alontae Taylor
G - Ben Brown
LB - Damone Clark
CB - Mykael Wright

This would be fuego

Let just say we traded Watson to the giants for picks 5 and 7. 

how would you guys feel about taking 3 lineament at 3, 5, 7 and finally fix the problem there?

I know that’s crazy when we have so many needs but especially if we trade Tunsil. 

maybe take Neal, Cross and potentially trade down and take a guy like Green. 

just a thought 

5 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Let just say we traded Watson to the giants for picks 5 and 7. 

how would you guys feel about taking 3 lineament at 3, 5, 7 and finally fix the problem there?

I know that’s crazy when we have so many needs but especially if we trade Tunsil. 

maybe take Neal, Cross and potentially trade down and take a guy like Green. 

just a thought 

I'd like to see Tyler Linderbaum in there, tbh. Could absolutely run with that OL.

Just now, ET80 said:

I'd like to see Tyler Linderbaum in there, tbh. Could absolutely run with that OL.

Yeah I could see that too. I even thought maybe we could take Neal at 3 and trade 5 to the eagles for 15 and 16 and use those to grab Linderbaum and Green. 

in that world, we would still have 7 to potentially take cross 😂

I think it might be totally nuts to take 4 linemen in the 1st round and start them all but hey why not? Throw in our current 1st round lineman and have some young studs. 

6 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Yeah I could see that too. I even thought maybe we could take Neal at 3 and trade 5 to the eagles for 15 and 16 and use those to grab Linderbaum and Green. 

in that world, we would still have 7 to potentially take cross 😂

I think it might be totally nuts to take 4 linemen in the 1st round and start them all but hey why not? Throw in our current 1st round lineman and have some young studs. 

3. Evan Neal

7. Kyle Hamilton

15. Tyler Linderbaum

16. Ikem Ekwonu

😎