A-Rod's New team (if traded), what can Packers get in trade?

firstplace

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I think you're talking about flipping him to a team like WFT or Denver for more assets.  It's reasonable to believe that Oakland wouldn't trade Carr within the division, and not without a replacement lined up.  IF the Packers can get the package that's being discussed in a Rodgers/Carr swap, could you turn around and deal Carr to Denver for more assets?

Highly doubt it. You have Lock and Bridgewater there. I think you're taking a step up one tier to get to Carr. If WFT wanted him, they've had all off-season to make an offer.

If you get a bridge QB, the hope is he's the bridge, not that you might squeeze a 4th round pick out of him, that's completely worthless IMO when you compare it to protecting the career of Jordan Love from being thrown to the wolves if he isn't ready.

6 minutes ago, craig said:

Of those three particular offers, I think I'd like the Denver offer best?  

Denver's is clearly the best, but they're not emptying their cupboards for Aaron Rodgers.  They're going to want to keep as many of their offensive weapons around, and Aaron is going to want him around.  Jeudy AND Fant are unlikely.  You can probably get one of the two, and in return you get another pick.

6 minutes ago, craig said:

https://theathletic.com/2569607/2021/05/06/can-our-aaron-rodgers-trade-scenarios-get-packers-qb-out-of-green-bay-broncos-raiders-washington-make-their-pitches/?source=dailyemail&redirected=1

Kind of a fun for-pay article.  Author asked writers for different teams to make their best offers.

1.  Denver:  22 1st, 23 1st and 3rd, Jeudy, Fant.  Can have Lock too, if we want him.  

2.  Vegas: 22 1st, 23 1st, Carr, Kwiatkowski.

3.  Washington. 22 1st, 23 1st + 2nd, DT Aaron Payne, WR Gandy-Golden, + Fitzpatrick, 

Those seem to give reasonably plausible frameworks.  A little hard for me to process the value of the picks.  I think Washington with Rodgers might be really, really good.  Denver maybe also.  That particular Vegas offer doesn't look as strong, but I'm not sure they'll be very good even with Rodgers.  And a couple of 1st-round picks, *if* for example Rodgers was to get hurt or something, Vegas picks might end up being top-10 picks.  

Of those three particular offers, I think I'd like the Denver offer best?  

The Denver deal looks great, but I don't see them trading Jeudy.  Would really want Fant and Lock though.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

👍

Still, I like the Denver trade package better. 

If the Broncos are willing to do 2 FRPs, a SRP, and Jeudy or a Surtain/Stokes swap, I do that.  But if they're not, the Raiders are probably willing to do more.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Highly doubt it. You have Lock and Bridgewater there. I think you're taking a step up one tier to get to Carr. If WFT wanted him, they've had all off-season to make an offer.

If you get a bridge QB, the hope is he's the bridge, not that you might squeeze a 4th round pick out of him, that's completely worthless IMO when you compare it to protecting the career of Jordan Love from being thrown to the wolves if he isn't ready.

I would assume the Packers would be gauging the value of Carr if they were in serious discussions for Carr.  I'd be surprised if Carr only fetched a 4th round pick.  I think a Wentz-like package would be a solid starting point for discussions.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I would assume the Packers would be gauging the value of Carr if they were in serious discussions for Carr.  I'd be surprised if Carr only fetched a 4th round pick.  I think a Wentz-like package would be a solid starting point for discussions.

I think Carr would be long gone from LV if those offers were out there.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

If the Broncos are willing to do 2 FRPs, a SRP, and Jeudy or a Surtain/Stokes swap, I do that.  But if they're not, the Raiders are probably willing to do more.

Keep Stokes. Take pick #9. "Give back" Fant if necessary.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

We drive this car. You like AR? This is who we like.

And that's fine.  But don't be surprised when the team decides the price is too steep and walks away.  You always ask for more then you're going to get, but dial back the trade package.  You're not getting the equivalent of 5 FRPs worth of value for Rodgers.  That might have been Watson's trade value pre-allegations, but Rodgers doesn't have that kind of value.  LIS, I'd need about 3 FRPs worth of value plus some extra stuff to get it done.  A '22 FRP, '23 FRP, '24 SRP, and Jeudy (or a Stokes/Surtain swap) would be my realistic target.