A-Rod's New team (if traded), what can Packers get in trade?

firstplace

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

9th and 15th for QB cap hits in 2021 and 2022

Carr was probably about the 10th best QB in 2020. It's not a value contract, but it's not obscene, either.

Right but personally I'd rather invest 40/2 years of cap space around Love rather than a hedge

1 minute ago, spilltray said:

His almost 20 mil cap hit this year and next is a bit hard to swallow.

That is a top 10 cap hit #, but going value for non-rookie, 2nd contract QB's.   Not sure we could fit that after taking dead money if trading Rodgers.   Also have the option as a poster noted above to flip Carr for more pick(s).   I'd think we'd still want a vet QB, whether it was Carr or Lock to take the reins for 1 more season and give Love more development time.      Unless Alex Smith wants to sign as his mentor...

Holding out hope we can retain Rodgers for 1 more season and trade next but fun to think about 

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

His almost 20 mil cap hit this year and next is a bit hard to swallow.

That’s why we move him and he never sets foot in Green Bay. I like the guy but if we move Rodgers, Love is the guy.

All those picks from the Raiders PLUS another 1-2 firsts or a 1 & 2 would be crazy. 

Edited by MantyWrestler

4 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

That’s why we move him and he never sets foot in Green Bay. I like the guy but if we move Rodgers, Love is the guy.

All those picks from the Raiders PLUS another 1-2 firsts or a 1 & 2 would be crazy. 

what team is trading for Carr in this scenario?

9 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Anyone who needs a QB. We just offer him  less than market value to keep him off our books.

why even get him in the first place then if we're going to ship him off at a net loss?

I don't want Carr as part of a deal at all. Let LV get rid of him. Not our problem IMO.

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Switch that to Jeudy, and I'd probably do that one.  Don't want a WR coming off a torn ACL in need of a new contract.  And that's coming from someone who liked Sutton a LOT.

We'd be idiots to not take that offer. 3 firsts, 1 second and a starter (either Sutton/Jeudy/Fant/Surtain) in a rookie contract?  That's a huge haul.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

why even get him in the first place then if we're going to ship him off at a net loss?

I don't want Carr as part of a deal at all. Let LV get rid of him. Not our problem IMO.

I think the carr plan would be to hold his salary this year then try to trade him next year.  Unlikely the Raiders could sign Rodgers to the deal they want unless they get Carr out of their books

Course, if there's a QB injury in preseason, he could always spark some value like Sam Bradford

Edited by skibrett15

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Ok. I can live with that. Just figured they would want to unload his contract if they traded for Rodgers and we could benefit from it. I’m with you though 

jamal adams was a traded for 2 ones

stafford was worth 2 ones, 1 third, and a starting QB

based on that i don't get out of pick up the phone for anything less than a 3 ones, 1 second, and a starter on offense and defense and both preferably on rookie deals. thats mostly because i don't think they want to trade him so it'd have to be a ricky williams type trade. 

• Like 1