A-Rod's New team (if traded), what can Packers get in trade?

firstplace

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

their roster is pretty gross looking. I was trying to find a player or two I liked and I could only see Darren Waller and his 3 year, $20million (0 guaranteed) contract + ability that was enticing. Mayyyybe Ruggs. Abram and Crosby are JAGs IMO.

Agree that LV roster is far less attractive than Denver in terms of player assets.

41 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Carr is fine. He costs nothing to cut/trade pre or post June 1 and would bring in a decent draft pick should we want to deal him post 2021. 

Plus, LV isn't going to have two $20+ Million QBs on their roster so you're almost guaranteed to have a Rodgers/Carr swap much like Stafford/Goff except Carr's contract isn't a killer like Goff's.

That's the way I look at it, too not to mention Carr and Adams  would have some instant chemistry.  Love came into the League in what has to be the worst year for rookies to develop.  If he's undercover Mahommes good right now, great, but that is very unlikely and even the coaches have no way of knowing without seeing him in live action.  We need to not kill his development by rushing him in.  The hard part, any new QB would also need a good share of preseason to get acclimated.  The best option is of course 12 staying put until the torch is ready to be passed, but if he's gone, we could use a vet to not have force the issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

That might be worth less in assets just to see it

LIS, my reasoning behind engaging LV is the likelihood that Mayock/Gruden up the draft pick compensation to beat out Denver's offer along with having a worse roster that also helps with the future compensation. It's not about the players we'd get in that regard. If Denver is offering up Sutton/Jeudy and 2 firsts, you get LV to up it to Ruggs and 3 1sts. Just an example but I think they'd be more inclined to part with more pick compensation than Denver would.

2 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

No way are teams trading 2 first round players and then 2-3 first round picks. Some of this is so excessive. I could see 2 firsts and a second maybe later pick as well. If it's players that have produced as Incog suggested similar value. Teams will look at Brady and see the revenue he bring in and someone will get horned up but Brady hasn't been broken as much as AR and isn't as whiney. So will call under 3.5 firsts for him.

You're right, maybe 27 year old Rodgers but not 37 year old Rodgers.

Edited by St Vince

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

LIS, my reasoning behind engaging LV is the likelihood that Mayock/Gruden up the draft pick compensation to beat out Denver's offer along with having a worse roster that also helps with the future compensation. It's not about the players we'd get in that regard. If Denver is offering up Sutton/Jeudy and 2 firsts, you get LV to up it to Ruggs and 3 1sts. Just an example but I think they'd be more inclined to part with more pick compensation than Denver would.

Agreed.  I think Mayock/Gruden are more likely going to offer up more picks than Elway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Agreed.  I think Mayock/Gruden are more likely going to offer up more picks than Elway.

Agree, Gruden has some pressure on him to win.  He's signed the big contract but hasn't produced.  He's in Vegas where he needs to start something soon.   Rodgers in Denver would be a nightmare for him.  

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's 4 draft picks. I doubt if they would entertain that. I say 4 because Ruggs was a high 1st rounder. We Packers fans are overvaluing Rodgers, he's pushing 38. You give four 1st Rounders for Mahomes not old man Rodgers.