A-Rod's New team (if traded), what can Packers get in trade?

firstplace

10 minutes ago, cannondale said:

My factoring comes from a different angle.

Year 1: Barring a miracle it's a throw away year. Playoffs ? Are you talking playoffs ? 

Year 2: One can hope - but it's still very early in Love's career and development

I'm not looking at this for just 2021.   I would rather acquire an asset in the mold of Fant in the deal over Jeudy.   TE harder to find than WR.  MLF offense less reliant on WR.

Fant is 2 years on rookie + 5th year option + extension or franchise tag.  Tonyan + Fant at TE with a Deguara mixed in and a blocking TE is a really nice TE/FB/H-back group for a young QB like Love to have around.   Add in 2 years of Aaron Jones and 3 years of Dillon at RB.  the resources in draft picks thrown at the OL and Love is in a position with a very nice supporting cast.   Only place would be WR.  But as I said, WR are much easier to find in the game today.  

16 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Year 3: You can use the 5th year option - but he's gonna be looking for a long term deal

you added this in after I quoted to post above.  

If Fant is good enough to warrant the 5th year option, then you are more than happy to work on a long term deal.   That is a goal of draft players.....that they are good enough to warrant a 2nd contract/ long term deal.    Being hesitant/afraid of that in the process implies you don't want to draft good players.....which seems odd

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

you added this in after I quoted to post above.  

If Fant is good enough to warrant the 5th year option, then you are more than happy to work on a long term deal.   That is a goal of draft players.....that they are good enough to warrant a 2nd contract/ long term deal.    Being hesitant/afraid of that in the process implies you don't want to draft good players.....which seems odd

Yea - late add. I'm not against adding players - I agree that the risk is lower, I just want to get the max usage toward a Super Bowl run.  My other point would be adding guys at premium positions instead, but now I might be splitting hairs

Edited by cannondale

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Yea - late add. I'm not against adding players - I agree that the risk is lower, I just want to get the max usage toward a Super Bowl run.  My other point would be adding guys at premium positions instead, but now I might be splitting hairs

I can understand the premium positions thing.  DL, CB and OT would be the positions to add.   But GB would need rookie contract players and good ones at that.   That limits the options for sure.  Then it comes to what the other team is willing to give up in players.  

From cbssports Cody Benjamin

I like option 2 for the Broncos and 1 or 3 for the Raiders but I’d move Carr before he ever got off the plane for more picks and a lesser vet.  

Broncos

Potential offers:

• QB Drew Lock, 2022 first-rounder, 2023 first-rounder, 2024 first-rounder, 2022 second-rounder, 2023 third-rounder
  • WR Courtland Sutton, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second
  • OG Graham Glasgow, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second, 2023 second
  • OLB Von Miller, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second, 2023 fifth

Raiders

Potential offers:

• QB Derek Carr, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first
  • WR Henry Ruggs III, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second, 2023 fourth
  • DE Maxx Crosby, S Johnathan Abram, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 third
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ricky said:

This may have been suggested before. Because I'm not going to read through seven pages of comments, especially when so many now are veering off topic. So, what should Denver give up for Rodgers? Surtain and Bridgewater. And throw in two firsts. In effect this gives the Packers three firsts (including Surtain, who I believe was drafted with a Rodgers trade in mind). And Bridgewater would be either the backup or starter, depending on how ready Love is. In effect, Teddy would be that "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" (sorry, I couldn't resist). Because I truly believe Rodgers will be gone after June 1. And the Broncos will also have to take on at least a portion of his contract to ease the cap hit for the Packers. Can it be done? Of course. Will it? Stay tuned, but my instincts tell me that this is going to play out in a way that Rodgers forces his way out of GB. 

Yeah I’m good with getting Teddy in that scenario.

He played really well in New Orleans when Brees was out. Kid has a good head on his shoulders too. We can’t even get to the Super Bowl with 12 anyway. But we’ll be competitive and probably a postseason squad with Teddy. 

If no Rodgers I hope the Packers can talk River's out of retirement. With this line and running game River's could be very successful in this offense for a year or two while they're getting Love ready. River's would keep defenses honest because he can still throw the deep ball. With Love teams will stack the box and dare Love to beat them. I just don't want to throw the kid in the fire right away because I don't think he's ready. If they throw him out there too early Love may end up like Haskins, a kid with good upside but wasn't ready. River's makes perfect sense in this system, you don't need a dynamic scrambling QB, you need a smart QB who can distribute the ball with accuracy.

12 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

From cbssports Cody Benjamin

I like option 2 for the Broncos and 1 or 3 for the Raiders but I’d move Carr before he ever got off the plane for more picks and a lesser vet.  

Broncos

Potential offers:

• QB Drew Lock, 2022 first-rounder, 2023 first-rounder, 2024 first-rounder, 2022 second-rounder, 2023 third-rounder
  • WR Courtland Sutton, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second
  • OG Graham Glasgow, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second, 2023 second
  • OLB Von Miller, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second, 2023 fifth

Raiders

Potential offers:

• QB Derek Carr, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first
  • WR Henry Ruggs III, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second, 2023 fourth
  • DE Maxx Crosby, S Johnathan Abram, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 third

I’m taking DEN option #3. The OL would be set for years.  Use all those picks to load up on offensive weapons. Lord have mercy I’m about to bust.

40 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What is Carr's value?

At least a 1st round pick maybe 2.    He's criminally underrated.   100+ passer rating each of the last 2 years.  67-70% completion % every year.  Doesn't throw a ton of INT's.    He's definitely in that 2nd tier Stafford range of QB's, never a superstar but Raiders are not losing games because of Derek Carr.  Also was Davante's college QB which might belp if we want DA to stick around longer?   Cap hits of 22mil and approx 19.5mil 2022.   I'd unquestionably take that offer of Carr and 3 1st rounders as option #1.  

• Like 2