A-Rod's New team (if traded), what can Packers get in trade?

firstplace

Gotta think big as far as a haul.  REALLY BIG!  You are giving these teams a shot at multiple Super Bowls and these picks are likely to be in the 25-32 range.  Need quality players involved and high picks.

3 players, At least 3 #1s and also a #2 every year he's on your roster.  A clause that he can't be traded to the NFC or its 3 more #1s.  Start big. Someone like Gruden might bite.

I think the Carr plan is the best plan out there. He's in his prime and has been underserved nearly his entire time in Las Vegas. That said, if Vegas is the trade destination, we'd better get Carr, Maxx Crosby, 3 firsts, and 2 seconds with all five picks being in consecutive years. 

Just now, NFLGURU said:

3 players, At least 3 #1s and also a #2 every year he's on your roster.  A clause that he can't be traded to the NFC or its 3 more #1s.  Start big. Someone like Gruden might bite.

More like WILL bite...

24 minutes ago, Joe said:

I think the Carr plan is the best plan out there. He's in his prime and has been underserved nearly his entire time in Las Vegas. That said, if Vegas is the trade destination, we'd better get Carr, Maxx Crosby, 3 firsts, and 2 seconds with all five picks being in consecutive years. 

More like WILL bite...

Being in Denver and all the **** I have gotten the last week, him ending up in Vegas would be awesome.  I could live with Carr for a couple years if Love isn't ready. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Joe said:

You're not getting that much...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't know that any qb has ever been traded for that much. Especially a 37 year old, as great as Rodgers is and continues to be.

I'm going to say that age is irrelevant now that Brady won a Super Bowl at 43.  Rodgers has five or more years in him if he wants it.  That's enough to command tons of draft pick/player compensation.  Plus he's kind of awesome, the reigning MVP, and makes nearly every team a Super Bowl contender.

I think people are going to be pretty disappointed in the return if we trade him . 

Hes 37 years old. Teams aren’t going to pay 3 firsts plus more . I don’t see it.  I would be happy with 2 firsts and a proven-ish player . 

And if the likely scenario happens where he plays the year and we decide to move on next year, the price is going to drop almost regardlessly.

59 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm going to say that age is irrelevant now that Brady won a Super Bowl at 43.  Rodgers has five or more years in him if he wants it.  That's enough to command tons of draft pick/player compensation.  Plus he's kind of awesome, the reigning MVP, and makes nearly every team a Super Bowl contender.

I don’t think you can say that . Rodgers depends more on his legs than Brady. He’s had more significant injury issues than Brady . History isn’t on the side of the older QB. What if Aaron has a Peyton Manning like decline ?

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't know that any qb has ever been traded for that much. Especially a 37 year old, as great as Rodgers is and continues to be.

We also haven't seen a QB like Rodgers become available via trade.  Plus, you're also getting Rodgers at a reduced cap hit.

Why do we want a guy with a 20m base salary? Hell no to Carr. We'll take Mariota, he knows LaFleur's offense. At worst we need to bridge one year to Love. Far more beneficial to carryover that cap than spend it on Carr. The Raiders can trade him to another team and recoup a pick or two.

https://theathletic.com/2569607/2021/05/06/can-our-aaron-rodgers-trade-scenarios-get-packers-qb-out-of-green-bay-broncos-raiders-washington-make-their-pitches/?source=dailyemail&redirected=1

Kind of a fun for-pay article.  Author asked writers for different teams to make their best offers.

1.  Denver:  22 1st, 23 1st and 3rd, Jeudy, Fant.  Can have Lock too, if we want him.  

2.  Vegas: 22 1st, 23 1st, Carr, Kwiatkowski.

3.  Washington. 22 1st, 23 1st + 2nd, DT Aaron Payne, WR Gandy-Golden, + Fitzpatrick, 

Those seem to give reasonably plausible frameworks.  A little hard for me to process the value of the picks.  I think Washington with Rodgers might be really, really good.  Denver maybe also.  That particular Vegas offer doesn't look as strong, but I'm not sure they'll be very good even with Rodgers.  And a couple of 1st-round picks, *if* for example Rodgers was to get hurt or something, Vegas picks might end up being top-10 picks.  

Of those three particular offers, I think I'd like the Denver offer best?  

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Why do we want a guy with a 20m base salary? Hell no to Carr. We'll take Mariota, he knows LaFleur's offense. At worst we need to bridge one year to Love. Far more beneficial to carryover that cap than spend it on Carr. The Raiders can trade him to another team and recoup a pick or two.

I think you're talking about flipping him to a team like WFT or Denver for more assets.  It's reasonable to believe that Oakland wouldn't trade Carr within the division, and not without a replacement lined up.  IF the Packers can get the package that's being discussed in a Rodgers/Carr swap, could you turn around and deal Carr to Denver for more assets?

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

IF the Packers can get the package that's being discussed in a Rodgers/Carr swap, could you turn around and deal Carr to Denver for more assets?

👍

Still, I like the Denver trade package better.