2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

6 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

And the fact you say "a run stopper" when quoting a post about Donald means you have a heavy, heavy bias or you just flat out don't know what the hell you're talking about. Both can be true but I'll refrain from claiming that's the case. 

I've literally never seen anyone call Donald "a run stopper" and say it's easy to find him. 

Obviously that wasn't what i meant, I meant you can get a guy to effect the run easier than you can get a CB. So wasn't Donald playing for those 11th most passing yards? 

nnamdi asomugha from 2006-2010 was better then Ramsey, IMO.  I say that because teams absolutely avoided Nnamdi.  He was targeted something like .5 times a game one year.  Either way at worst there comparable.

you can just avoid a CB.  You can’t avoid Aaron Donald.  He’s right over the ball and effects every play from The second the ball is snapped.

• Like 1

I think we need:

OL- move Leatherwood to LG.  Add a starting RG and RT, although Good could be the RG.  We also need a solid swing tackle whose capable of playing LT.  

WR/TE- bring back Jones.  We need a WR1 and a WR with serious speed. It wouldn’t hurt to bring in 6’3-6’4 245 undersized but fast TE (someone like Brevin Jordan) or a 6’6+ 265+ blocking TE that also is a nice GL target.

RB- I’d like to bring in a playmaker with speed to supplement what we have.

DL- we need to bring back Hankins, Jefferson, Thomas, Philon.  We also should add another run stuffing NT.

LB- bring back Wright.  Add depth.

CB- need to bring back Hayward and add a starter.  We also need to improve the depth.

S- make a decision on Abram.  We shouldn’t have Leavitt playing 1/3 of the snaps.  We need a solid coverage S to go along with Moehrig.

7 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

What do you guys think about drafting Jameson Williams with your 1st round pick? I think he would help replace what the Raiders lost with Ruggs and open the offense up again. I doubt you all want D-Jax back.

150% on board

• Like 2

Alternatively, I see the Burks argument because he's very fast, physical, and is a RZ monster. I just don't see the nuances of the WR position when I watch him play. Jameson Williams is a technician. His route running is gorgeous and he's easily a mid-low 4.3 guy when you watch him. RZ has a lot to do with the ability to run (!!!) and creativity. We had neither this year. But yes having a jump ball freak would for sure help.

13 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I get what you're saying, but what is inherently wrong with Alabama receivers? If it's the best player, why don't you take them?

ACL injury which is the same reason he'd (edit: they Metchie ACL too, though not with our first) be available at our pick

Edited by Trojan