2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Watch lindenbaum if you haven't. He's really good.

I have and he loses a lot of 1 v1’s in the games Ive seen now when he has help he looks great or going second level vs a lb. but 1v1 in a phone booth with a legit dl he struggles too much for a first rounder imo

Really hard to tell what the Raiders might do in the draft cause the most important decision that effects the draft the most is what they do with Leatherwood. I think they end up moving him back to OT, but if they keep him at OG then OT becomes a big priority in the first round. If they move him back to OT then allows them to go after a WR or DT in the first round. What they will do with Leatherwood will give us a more clear answer. Cause those free agent OT's who can play RT is no bueno aside from Morgan Moses and that really doesn't move the needle much.

48 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Really hard to tell what the Raiders might do in the draft cause the most important decision that effects the draft the most is what they do with Leatherwood. I think they end up moving him back to OT, but if they keep him at OG then OT becomes a big priority in the first round. If they move him back to OT then allows them to go after a WR or DT in the first round. What they will do with Leatherwood will give us a more clear answer. Cause those free agent OT's who can play RT is no bueno aside from Morgan Moses and that really doesn't move the needle much.

All they have to do is get a serviceable RT and then they can make him earn it.

58 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I think right tackle needs to be addressed in FA. There are plenty of guys who can hold water at the position at a decent price. My favorites are Brandon Shell, Matt Pryor, Andrew Wylie, and Bobbie Massie. Leatherwood can't go into the season as the presumptive right tackle.

What round ya'll feel Christian Watson is going? I was hoping to snag him in the 4th, but feel with the measurables, a strong senior bowl and combine showing that he may move up into the 2nd. A little bit of caution since he hasn't competed regularly against top competition, but how would everyone feel if we took him in the 2nd?

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Exactly this. Willis will be a top 10 pick by April.

Agreed. The media and draft people hate project picks, while NFL teams love project picks. 

The hate for Allen, Lamar, Lance, and Love, Mahomes was pretty overwhelming. Mahomes/Allen definitey had their fans, but wayyyy more haters.  Heck, I hated Allen a lot myself. And I think Mahomes/Allen really changed the game as far as scouting projects go. You can make a argument that the current rules allow for certain QB’s to thrive now, that would have never thrived before. Before Mahomes, Air Raid QB’s had about 12 busts and 0 successes. Mahomes likely doesn’t work out if drafted in 2005-2010 to be honest. No disrespect to Mahomes. 

You can argue Mahomes/Allen’s skills are unreal and Lamar, Love, Lance, and Willis are bigger projects. That would be a fair assessment. While Lamar gets a lot of criticism for his passing, and rightfully so, he is still an extremely effective QB. Majority would put Lamar the back of the Top 10 which I would agree with. In today’s NFL, a Lamar type of QB easily can work out and win a lot of football games, pretty or not. 

Willis likely will be the #1 QB pick of this draft. Wouldn’t be shocked if he was the third or fourth pick overall by draft time. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 hours ago, Jraider91 said:

And it will be a horrible mistake  

Everyone sees Josh Allen and says "he can run, went to a small school, and has a howitzer" and thinks he's the rule, not a blatant exception. 

Both of the QBs in the Superbowl are more reminiscent of classic QBs. 

The final 4 QBs. 

7 of the final 8.

10 of the final 14. 

Not to say guys are immobile or weak armed, but FFQBs don't make for great QBs very often, regardless of whatever recency bias is prevalent.