2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, Jraider91 said:

Jermaine Johnson is guy i've been watching tons of reps of. He has dominated the bowl by all accounts, need to see his SPARQ scores as crucial for EDGE but I am blown away by that and his tape. Very polished, lots of moves and strong against the run. 

If we moved off Yannick (potentially a trade?) he seems very much a Patriot type DE/OLB hybrid. 

yannick happy here, seems to be leader and isn't pricey. keep him

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jraider91 said:

I tried it and you have to reign yourself in to be realistic on trades, you can get like 6 2nd round picks. And some of the CPU drafting is ridiculous. Chargers took Sam Howell on one I did lol 

What so you recommend?

I tried the ones from pff, profootballnetwork and thedraftnetwork

only thing id consider is possible trade down if there are multiple latenfirst rounders avail.. grab one at end of 1st and parlay that into an additional 2nd rounder. thatd be homerun. 

then maybe take a chance on a Jameson Williams who is hurt

48 minutes ago, roi34 said:

only thing id consider is possible trade down if there are multiple latenfirst rounders avail.. grab one at end of 1st and parlay that into an additional 2nd rounder. thatd be homerun. 

then maybe take a chance on a Jameson Williams who is hurt

POUND. THE. TABLE.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jraider91 said:

I like the idea of Williamson over other R1 WRs because he has something you can't find later on which is rare speed

The thing is I feel like he has even more than that. His route running is great. He knows how to use his speed. I'll be happy if we take him at any point.

10 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Another Alabama WR in the first. Damn those scare me.

Yeah, always hyped up beyond belief, and rarely deliver. Julio panned out as a Top 5 guy, but he’s a rarity. 

I loved Cooper, Jeudy, Ruggs coming out… going to take a lot for me to pull the trigger on another Bama WR. The fact is they are surrounded by talent making them look way better. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah, always hyped up beyond belief, and rarely deliver. Julio panned out as a Top 5 guy, but he’s a rarity. 

I loved Cooper, Jeudy, Ruggs coming out… going to take a lot for me to pull the trigger on another Bama WR. The fact is they are surrounded by talent making them look way better. 

Maybe not top 5 guys, but Cooper and Jeudy are solid and great at route running. I’m still high on Jeudy. Smith and Waddle are both very good too. Ruggs was well on his way. 

Bama is pumping out good receivers. 

• Like 2

Dream offseason: Sign Adams, Sign a RT, Draft a LB or CB in the 1st, Draft a Speedy outside WR in the 2nd to be our #2, Draft a Center or Guard in the 3rd. 

Looking more likely than unlikely that we ditch Hayward. Hayward did well in Bradleys scheme, but in Graham’s scheme he’s likely burnt toast at his age. 

We don’t have a LB that can do man coverage to save their life either, something Graham also likes to do. Diablo is decent in zone. Neither Perryman or Diablo can do man if their life depended on it. 

We are going to need another corner opposite Mullen (and even Mullen is not a proven product). Rookie CB likely doesn’t even play much in 2022, but we are thinking 2023 here. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 hours ago, 101Raider said:

What kind of coverage does Graham run?

I’d love Daxton Hill, but think using him as a box safety in a single high would be a shame.

Pairing him and Moehrig as split safeties would be amazing. Instantly fix our lack of turnover problems. 

Given the Giants paid James Bradberry a ton of money I'm going to say zone

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Dangerous words. NYRaider is gonna come for you hard now