2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

A better one than if he misses big chunks of time with more injuries, which have already been a real problem. 

Injuries is different from saying he wouldn’t give major effort. Makes no sense for Jacobs not to give maximum effort in a contract year. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dessie said:

Injuries is different from saying he wouldn’t give major effort. Makes no sense for Jacobs not to give maximum effort in a contract year. 

"I was playing behind an O-line with Alex Leatherwood" probably goes a long way in excusing a lack of production. 

I mean, it IS the excuse his fans around here made for him time and time again, after all 

guys I would look at in UDFA 

QB: C Strong 

RB:  J Ealy, M Borghi

WR: K Austin , Reggie Roberson , Josh Johnson

TE: C Allen

T: O Eze 

G: J Stills

Center: D West

DE: J Peevy

DT: M McCall, N Ellis

LB:  J Domann, J Moon

Edge: C Allen, T Johnson 

CB: I Taylor Stuart, C Steele

S: V Mckinely,  B Bolden, M Bell, N Turner

Edited by Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

"I was playing behind an O-line with Alex Leatherwood" probably goes a long way in excusing a lack of production. 

I mean, it IS the excuse his fans around here made for him time and time again, after all 

So you are saying that by giving less effort he wcan blame the OL in a contract year and that will secure him a good deal.

I definitely don’t agree with that logic.

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

The good ol OL excuse… Leatherwood is actually a decent run blocker, just horrendous in pass pro. 

Like I’ve said many times, it’s not all OL. Teams figured Jacobs out after his rookie year. He’s slow as heck so LB’s can be more aggressive with him. 

Jacobs is still solid, and should have a good year, (drafting him in some fantasy leagues) but he is definitely not worth a second contract. He’s good, but nothing special in any realm of the imagination. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The good ol OL excuse… Leatherwood is actually a decent run blocker, just horrendous in pass pro. 

Like I’ve said many times, it’s not all OL. Teams figured Jacobs out after his rookie year. He’s slow as heck so LB’s can be more aggressive with him. 

Jacobs is still solid, and should have a good year, (drafting him in some fantasy leagues) but he is definitely not worth a second contract. He’s good, but nothing special in any realm of the imagination. 

Crazy how many as the OL improved so did the run game. 

I get that we probably just went with BPA on our board in the 7th but another RB seems superfluous. It's not as if he was a highly regarded prospect that fell. I honestly don't know him so he may be good but I'd feel more comfortable taking a fast CB with some tools we can mould or a raw RT to compete. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dessie said:

So you are saying that by giving less effort he wcan blame the OL in a contract year and that will secure him a good deal.

I definitely don’t agree with that logic.

How many guys have we seen that have already been banged up that decided to ball out and risk injury for a team signalling in giant red letters "We're not bringing you back"? 

He knows he's not coming back and what his injury history is. Why risk getting hurt (again) and not getting jack on the market when he can just half *** and get arguably the same deal? 

Looking less effective while preserving one's body > getting hurt and losing money. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

How many guys have we seen that have already been banged up that decided to ball out and risk injury for a team signalling in giant red letters "We're not bringing you back"? 

He knows he's not coming back and what his injury history is. Why risk getting hurt (again) and not getting jack on the market when he can just half *** and get arguably the same deal? 

Looking less effective while preserving one's body > getting hurt and losing money. 

Yeah I don’t agree he would get ‘arguably the same deal’ if he bails out, word would get out. Teams aren’t going to pay players like that. Makes no sense for Jacobs to do that. 

14 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Jacobs should have never been a 1st round pick. He's good but so is Damian Harris, David Montgomery and there isn't much of a drop off

3 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Yeah I don’t agree he would get ‘arguably the same deal’ if he bails out, word would get out. Teams aren’t going to pay players like that. Makes no sense for Jacobs to do that. 

It's not like Jacobs was going to have a big market in the first place. 

He's slow, one-dimensional, often injured, lacks elite traits. 

The only way he's getting paid much more than a near mediocre to minimum deal is to actually be able to play....which he wouldn't be able to do if injured again. 

If he were looking at a huge market, different story. But he's not. He'd have to go full Derrick Henry to warm his market up, and that ain't happening. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1