2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

This year just once I'd love to see us actually draft the best available player regardless of position. We have drafted for need for 20+ years. I don't care if it's a friggin TE uts time to get some actual talent and stop filling holes. Yes it may take longer. But at least when the team is built it is built with good ball players. It may take 3 years. That's better than waiting another 20 doing the same thing over and over.

• Like 1

I really think we will be lucky to win 1-2 games the rest of the year. We need a coach and its going be tough rest of the season. our wideouts suck, our OL sucks so it's ugly football. Our defense is actually alright, but it isn't great or anything. time to look forward to the draft 

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

looking at starters needed 

QB: DC- I think we don't extend him, but his finishes his last season 2022. 2022 will be the make or break year this year just has to much going on. He started off so good this year, and now I expect him to struggle down the stretch 

RB/FB: Jacobs/Drake/Ingold- we keep the combo going, get a real coach that can use them to their best ability 

WR:  ????, ?????, Renfrow- Renfrow is our best wideout but should be our 3rd best and slot. I think we need to invest with two stud WRs either draft or free agency. idk about Edwards, he might be more of a back up. 

TE: Waller/Moreau- nice 1-2 punch- Waller prolly gets a new contract this offseason 

T: Miller, ? - Miller is a rock at LT, Parker isn't the answer at RT. I guess Leatherwood is a guard long term

G: Leatherwood, ?- hopefully Leatherwood becomes a stud inside, Simpson might be more of a backup. Richie is done, this team can use two new starting OL

Center: James- has actually lived up to the hype. I see him as a long term center

DE- Yannick, Max, Nassib, Ferrell,Koonce - edge is actually a strength now. Max has turned into a cornerstone and Yannick has been a great pickup Ferrell probably doesn't get his extension and will be on the trade block. Nassib is decent depth 

DT- Thomas, Hankins- I would like to bring back Thomas. Not sure what he does in free agency, same with Philon. We could go younger than Hankins, who will be 30. 

LB - Littleton, Perryman- Littleton will be back next season, and Deablo is backing him up. Perryman was a nice find, and is on a cheap contract for next season. KJ is old and hasn't had much of an impact. Could possible add a nice young prospect at LB. Nick K is probably cut, Perryman is better and cheaper 

CB- Hayward, Mullen, Brandon F, Hobbs- I would prolly sign Hayward on a 2 year extension even though he is old. Mullen should be back sometime before the year ends and he is a solid CB2. Brandon F has been solid find and should be brought back as depth. Hobbs was another steal and I wonder what is his ceiling? He is already a stud slot corner 

S- Moehrig, Abram, Gillespie- Moehrig is becoming a stud, really nice in coverage. Abram might be an odd fit in this coaching scheme. I think he finishes out his rookie deal, I still like the guy. Gillespie has been a ghost 

so I see the needs as WR, T, G, DT, - lesser extent LB, CB (Hayward is old) . I actually like our core but our coaching sucks, and we have glaring needs. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

it's a good WR class. draft one early, I really like this guy. Then add one solid vet to because the rookie will be on a cheap contract. Makes the offense scary again

The offense isn't going to be scary as long as we have one of the worst offensive lines in the league. 

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

so I see the needs as WR, T, G, DT, - lesser extent LB, CB (Hayward is old) . I actually like our core but our coaching sucks, and we have glaring needs. 

I think OT, OG, DT, WR, and CB are our biggest needs going into the offseason.