Devante Adams watch thread

Humble_Beast

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Was Warren Moon and average QB?  His W/L record indicated he was.  Explain to me why you are right and the HOF voters are wrong....  I'm wating for an answer from you with some substance which I am sure will never come. 

Hof and goat is 2 totally different discussions imo. Moon isn’t in the goat convo imo

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Was Warren Moon and average QB?  His W/L record indicated he was.  Explain to me why you are right and the HOF voters are wrong....  I'm wating for an answer from you with some substance which I am sure will never come. 

Warren Moon is a completely different case then Derek Carr because he spent his first like 5 or 6 seasons in the CFL before he signed with Houston and was a 28 year old rookie. Despite his bizarre path to the NFL and inheriting one of the worst rosters in the league, Moon was able to turn the franchise around quickly. In his first 3 years they were rebuilding, then they made the playoffs 8 consecutive seasons and he also led Minnesota to the playoffs in his first year there at 38 years old. So despite him being older and having a very non conventional path to the NFL he was able to help Houston go from bottom feeder to 8 straight playoff berths. 

When you look at his individual accolades they include MVP, NFL offensive player of the year, AFC player of the year, 9x Pro Bowl, 1x All-Pro, 2x NFL passing yards leader, 1x NFL passing touchdowns leader. 

He finished his career with a 102-101 record but a lot of his losing/average seasons came when he was 40+ years old. 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Hof and goat is 2 totally different discussions imo. Moon isn’t in the goat convo imo

Of course not but Moon balled out and took Houston to 8 straight playoff berths while earning an MVP along the way. He also finished his career with a winning record despite being over the hump at like 43 playing on bad teams. These Carr stans will do anything to nut hug him, it's sad. 

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Of course not but Moon balled out and took Houston to 8 straight playoff berths while earning an MVP along the way. He also finished his career with a winning record despite being over the hump at like 43 playing on bad teams. These Carr stans will do anything to nut hug him, it's sad. 

Oh I agree 

16 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Oh I agree 

They'll keep using the W/L being an inaccurate way to judge a QB. 

Okay so let's use other metrics then: 

Pro Bowls: 3 appearances

All-Pro Teams: 0

MVP's: 0

NFL offensive player of the year: 0

NFL player of the year: 0

NFL passing yards leader: 0

NFL passing TD leader: 0 

Playoff wins: 0

Turnovers: 4th most since he came into the league in 2014 

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

By who?  Talking head media shills and uneducated fans.  I don't pay attention to that nonsense.  

At what point is someone a talking head or uneducated?  As far as the QB taking the blame it is on a case by case basis but you really can not deny that the player with the biggest impact on a game is the QB.  Now this is not the case 100% of the time but it is not very often a title contender has a horrible QB.  Sometimes they are bad but go on a hot streak at the right time but generally when a QB has a bad game the team loses.  How often does a QB have a great game and lose because the other teams RB goes off.  If a QB is hot and putting up points they can back the other teams offense into a corner and take away aspects of the other team.

43 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Td : int ratio is basically all carr has to brag about which is why he protects that to the death. 

46 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Although I do not think he will do much better but maybe using top ten in different stats would be better.  If you are having a GOAT argument then maybe leading the league is a good measurement.

10 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

What about Carr’s comeback win record are you saying that’s a team record and people who praise carr for them are stupid 

Comeback wins are not 100 percent on a QB, attributing W/L's solely on a QB in any fashion is ridiculous.  How is that not obvious? 

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

My favorite part of this thread is how it's the Devante Adams Watch Thread and we're talking about Derek Carr and Warren Moon.

These guys just don't get it and hijack every thread.  I suppose I take the bait and get involved so I am not some innocent victim :)

Now I am going to lure you in! What's your stance on wins solely being attributed to a QB? 

On 7/2/2021 at 7:07 PM, NYRaider said:

Not solely on the QB but why is W/L only listed on a QB record? 

QB is the most important single position, but the team as a whole means more than the QB. IE the other 21 starters combined, make more impact then the 1 QB.
Giving a QB all the credit is dumb, but it 'sells' so people use it