UPDATE: Morgan Moses Released! Geron Christian too!

MikeT14

This makes me think of Jim Ringo ( Ringo was the starting and I think All Pro center ) and Vince Lombardi. Ringo goes to the coaches office and asked for more money. Lombardi says "Scuse me a minute Jim -be right back ". He leaves and returns and says "Jim, you asking the wrong team-You're now a Philadelphia Eagle" . 

I do think Moses wanted a new contract - and Ron said ( in effect ) OK, go see if someone else will give you what you want . 

Edited by RSkinGM

34 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think you are misremembering...

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/morgan-moses-leaves-game-vs-carolina-back-injury-does-not-return

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hogshaven.com/platform/amp/2018/11/4/18061808/redskins-injury-update-morgan-moses-leaves-game-with-knee-injury

These are just a few after a quick google search, but the dude is ALWAYS getting dinged up. I understand it's the nature of the beast being on the offensive line.

I also am not trying to take away from what he has done over the past two seasons, because he has become pretty reliable. He hasn't made as many drive killing penalties. I think then putting a reliable G next to him really helped him elevate his game.

That being said, I'm really not that broken up about Morgan Moses being shown the door. I think that now is the time to trade aging vet players like Moses and if we get something in return, it's a win-win. 

BTW I believe this is the proper strategy for building a contending franchise. You trade away your aging players for young up and comers and develop your talent. I thought Kerrigan was a good candidate to be traded last year (especially when he asked for a trade), but we kept him on the roster and now he walked for free and went to the Iggles. 

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

This makes me think of Jim Ringo ( Ringo was the starting and I think All Pro center ) and Vince Lombardi. Ringo goes to the coaches office and asked for more money. Lombardi says "Scuse me a minute Jim -be right back ". He leaves and returns and says "Jim, you asking the wrong team-You're now a Philadelphia Eagle" . 

I do think Moses wanted a new contract - and Ron said ( in effect ) OK, go see if someone else will give you what you want . 

I remember that (1965-66?). Some yrs later I'm not sure that's what really happen according to my father. But getting back to our WFT your last statement  could be possible. We will see. 

I saw someone tweet out today that Moses wanted guarantees added to the last two years of his contract - similar to what Trent wanted - it’s pretty clear Rivera’s stance is you signed the contract and you need to play on it. Moses played last year without guarantees and now wants them.

2 hours ago, 4209 said:

https://riggosrag.com/2021/05/18/washington-football-team-moses-move-a-precursor-to-an-allen-extension/

Washington Football Team: Moses move a precursor to an Allen extension

I can't possibly imagine why one would have to do with the other.  The Allen extension should have always been in the plan.

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I saw someone tweet out today that Moses wanted guarantees added to the last two years of his contract - similar to what Trent wanted - it’s pretty clear Rivera’s stance is you signed the contract and you need to play on it. Moses played last year without guarantees and now wants them.

Well whatever the reason is...All that matters now is for WFT not to get fleeced by yet another player and get less value then we should.  We are repeating the Cousins situation with Scherff.  Rivera better get some value out of moses.  I want at least a second round pick. 

26 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I can't possibly imagine why one would have to do with the other.  The Allen extension should have always been in the plan.

Well whatever the reason is...All that matters now is for WFT not to get fleeced by yet another player and get less value then we should.  We are repeating the Cousins situation with Scherff.  Rivera better get some value out of moses.  I want at least a second round pick. 

You’re going to be disappointed. No way we get a 2nd for Moses.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, offbyone said:

We received a 3rd and a 5th for T Williams. IMO Best case we get a 5th/6th rd pick. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

I wish we could but that's not feasible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at all

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You’re going to be disappointed. No way we get a 2nd for Moses.

He is a perennial starting tackle who has 2 seasons left on his contract for 9 and 7 million.   I can't imagine why we couldn't get something good.  

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

We received a 3rd and a 5th for T Williams. IMO Best case we get a 5th/6th rd pick. 

That was an epic failure.  My point is we can't afford another epic failure.  Honestly he should have been traded before Rivera got here, but Rivera should have also done better.  If that is all we get, I refuse to trade him.  You can't just give away a key starter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, offbyone said:

He is a perennial starting tackle who has 2 seasons left on his contract for 9 and 7 million.   I can't imagine why we couldn't get something good.  

That was an epic failure.  My point is we can't afford another epic failure.  Honestly he should have been traded before Rivera got here, but Rivera should have also done better.  If that is all we get, I refuse to trade him.  You can't just give away a key starter.

I think the point is the cost/performance analysis was not in Moses favor. The team must see it at least as a lateral movement from the standpoint of that analysis. The fact that he could be a cut candidate if we don't find a trade suitor should say where the team feels he fits into this seasons plans. That would be the worst case scenario for me in this situation. You couldn't tell me that Morgan Moses at his current contract isn't worth a ROSTER spot, but maybe a demotion would have made him disgruntled. Ultimately it may have been the Leno signing that doomed him, because I can't imagine they would have been comfortable with Lucas/Christian and Comsi as your perimeter protectors.

17 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I think the point is the cost/performance analysis was not in Moses favor. The team must see it at least as a lateral movement from the standpoint of that analysis. The fact that he could be a cut candidate if we don't find a trade suitor should say where the team feels he fits into this seasons plans. That would be the worst case scenario for me in this situation. You couldn't tell me that Morgan Moses at his current contract isn't worth a ROSTER spot, but maybe a demotion would have made him disgruntled. Ultimately it may have been the Leno signing that doomed him, because I can't imagine they would have been comfortable with Lucas/Christian and Comsi as your perimeter protectors.

I agree and I raise you that at his current contract he is a great deal.  In reality he is underpaid.  

If he is cut, Rivera needs a lesson in roster management.  It would be embarrassing.  It was one thing in Rivera year 1 to cut ties with players so easily, but you can't send a message that all you have to do is whine about your contract and you get released.   

In regards to the Leno signing dooming him, ironically Moses is under contract for longer than both Leno and Christian. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I wonder how much of a pay cut Rivera took when he signed on to coach the team? 

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I wonder how much of a pay cut Rivera took when he signed on to coach the team? 

Pay cut? Did they ask Moses to take a pay cut? I haven't seen that . I did read he asked for guaranteed money for the final two years  and Rivera is old school. You signed the contract-Play out the contract .