Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

8 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Step 1: Draft Ben in the 1st round

Step 2: Realize your mistake

Step 3: Trade away Ben in order to get a much, much better QB

Step 4: Miss Ben (gross)

Step 5: Reacquire Ben, in a league where you don't need a backup

Step 3.5: Aaron Rodgers angers wife.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Step 1: Draft Ben in the 1st round

Step 2: Realize your mistake

Step 3: Trade away Ben in order to get a much, much better QB

Step 4: Miss Ben (gross)

Step 5: Reacquire Ben, in a league where you don't need a backup

I know this is probably banter, but I guess I'll respond.

I still don't view drafting Ben as a mistake. He was a top 10ish sim QB that, I felt, could've done enough in a run-heavy offense to win some games. (Worked in week 1.)

When I had a chance to get Rodgers, I had to pull the trigger. Rodgers is my QB for the foreseeable future.

When Scal claimed that his offer for Rodgers was still on the table, I wrote him to accept that offer. I felt that the value (3 1sts, 3 2nds, 3 stud players) was too good to pass up. Scal decided not to accept.

I'm going to keep Ben for 1 tag, and at the cost of relatively minor draft value. If he has a solid NFL season, he'll have more value. If I get another great deal for Rodgers, I'll have a guy on the roster (for cheap) that should be able to put up a few wins.

This move had nothing to do with S22 and everything to do with S23, just as with my Cooks, Decker and Hendrickson decisions. They'll all be kept at a lower tag cost, allowing me to try and keep key pieces of my roster intact without sacrificing this season.

Y'all fiend for tags before the draft, then suddenly act like they have no value during the season. I'm planning for both now and the future.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I know this is probably banter, but I guess I'll respond.

I still don't view drafting Ben as a mistake. He was a top 10ish sim QB that, I felt, could've done enough in a run-heavy offense to win some games. (Worked in week 1.)

When I had a chance to get Rodgers, I had to pull the trigger. Rodgers is my QB for the foreseeable future.

When Scal claimed that his offer for Rodgers was still on the table, I wrote him to accept that offer. I felt that the value (3 1sts, 3 2nds, 3 stud players) was too good to pass up. Scal decided not to accept.

No shade on the trade.. it was the right thing. I still think you overdrafted Ben, but I won't get into it because I want people to continue drafting players like that too soon

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I'm going to keep Ben for 1 tag, and at the cost of relatively minor draft value. If he has a solid NFL season, he'll have more value. If I get another great deal for Rodgers, I'll have a guy on the roster (for cheap) that should be able to put up a few wins.

This move had nothing to do with S22 and everything to do with S23, just as with my Cooks, Decker and Hendrickson decisions. They'll all be kept at a lower tag cost, allowing me to try and keep key pieces of my roster intact without sacrificing this season.

Y'all fiend for tags before the draft, then suddenly act like they have no value during the season. I'm planning for both now and the future.

I appreciate your thought in regards to tag conservation. I really do.

The good news is that you get to see Ben's 2021 NFL season BEFORE you have to decide to use the tag to keep him or not, so that's a big positive. You made a bet that if he has a good season you can either flip him for a profit, or flip Rodgers and use Ben. That's a reasonable choice, as the price you paid to do so it so minimal.

I'm a Ben hater though. Dude is gonna be trash this year and fully ruined for NSFL.

I hope

• Like 2

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Pitts will cost one tag since he's a rookie.

I think he's going to have too many players falling under the 1 tag rule with games played. So Pitts at 2 is cheaper than his other guys at 3. So he opts out of Pitts 1 tag

• Like 2

Just now, Tk3 said:

I think he's going to have too many players falling under the 1 tag rule with games played. So Pitts at 2 is cheaper than his other guys at 3. So he opts out of Pitts 1 tag

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Pitts will cost one tag since he's a rookie.

Tk3 has it. I'll be saving Roethlisberger and Cooks under the "two PS/Rookie" rule, which will save a total of 5 tags, so I'll keep Pitts at his position price and just pay the 1 extra tag.

• Like 1

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Tk3 has it. I'll be saving Roethlisberger and Cooks under the "two PS/Rookie" rule, which will save a total of 5 tags, so I'll keep Pitts at his position price and just pay the 1 extra tag.

Did they play this season?

I haven't paid any attention.

I have a busy couple weeks coming up so, I don't know the next time I'll get to post the league leaders and team rankings, after I do it this weekend.

Offensive League Leaders after Week 9

Passing Yards  
1 Patrick Mahomes (RJ) 2,744
2 Joe Burrow (HAN) 2,690
3 Jimmy Garoppolo (CHI) 2,672
4 Tom Brady (SA) 2,649
5 Matt Ryan (SCR) 2,638

Passing TD's  
1 Patrick Mahomes (RJ) 20
2 Aaron Rodgers (PRO) 19
3 Matt Ryan (SCR) 19
4 Tom Brady (SA) 19
5 Joe Burrow (HAN) 18
5 Matthew Stafford (FRE) 18

Rushing Yards  
1 Christian McCaffrey (RC) 877
2 Dalvin Cook (HAN) 859
3 Derrick Henry (FRE) 835
4 Alvin Kamara (IND) 793
5 Josh Jacobs (SA) 759

Rushing TD's  
1 Christian McCaffrey (RC) 8
2 Kenyan Drake (CHI) 7
3 Zeke Elliott (NOR) 6
4 JK Dobbins (ANC) 6
5 James Robinson (ANT) 6

Receptions  
1 Jarvis Landry (NOR) 60
2 Michael Thomas (CHI) 59
3 Tee Higgins (TAC) 58
4 Davante Adams (SCR) 57
5 Odell Beckham Jr (SA) 57
5 DeAndre Hopkins (HAN) 57

Receiving Yards  
1 Michael Thomas (CHI) 856
2 Mike Evans (PHO) 850
3 Davante Adams (SCR) 841
4 Allen Robinson (RC) 819
5 Jarvis Landry (NOR) 780

Receiving TD's  
1 Adam Thielen (NAS) 9
2 CeeDee Lamb (ANT) 8
3 Terry McLaurin (RJ) 8
4 Stefon Diggs (REY) 8
5 Cole Beasley (PHO) 8

Pancakes  
1 Richie Incognito (HAN) 22
2 David Andrews (SCR) 21
3 Alex Mack (PRO) 19
4 Lane Johnson (SA) 18
5 Cody Whitehair (ANT) 17
  • Like 3

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Did they play this season?

I haven't paid any attention.

have you seen the amount of moves this dude makes?

this is his inactive list. Pretty soon the whole league is gonna be on his "has played at least one game" list

Inactive:
Lamar Miller [1 GS]: 11 carries for 40 yards (3.64 YPC, 12 LNG), 0 touchdowns, 1 fumble. 3 receptions for 35 yards (11.67 YPR, 19 LNG), 0 touchdowns, 1 drop.
D.J. Chark [7 GS]: 26 receptions for 303 yards (11.65 YPR, 27 LNG), 4 touchdowns, 3 drops.
Alshon Jeffery [2 GS]: 4 receptions for 48 yards (12.00 YPR, 31 LNG), 0 touchdowns.
Tim Tebow [3 GS]: 5 receptions for 72 yards (14.40 YPR, 30 LNG), 0 touchdowns, 2 drops. 2 carries for 13 yards (6.50 YPC, 15 LNG), 0 touchdowns. 2 pancakes.
Austin Corbett [7 GS]: 6 pancakes, 6 sacks allowed, 6 stuffs allowed.
Aldon Smith [1 GS]: 3 tackles (1 stuff).
Derek Wolfe [7 GS]: 25 tackles (3 stuffs), 1 coverage, 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 recovery.
D'Wayne Eskridge [5 GS]: 31 returns for 404 yards (13.03 YPR, 34 LNG), 0 touchdowns.

• Like 1