What are some of the greatest plays you remember that ended up not counting?

TecmoSuperJoe

Not the greatest but definitely one of the most gruesome, Zach Miller TD catch that was called back after a review. I don’t care what the NFL ruled, it was a TD. Very impressive that he maintained possession during that insane knee injury.

• Like 1

Lavonte David had a pick 6 against San Francisco in 2013 that got called back for defensive offside. The ball was in Vernon Davis’ hands, but David popped it up to himself, intercepted it, celebrated for a bit because he thought he was down and then ran it back 70 yards.

Kaepernick probably doesn’t take that throw without the Dline jumping offside, but David made his own play.

He was robbed of the DPOY that season.

On 6/12/2021 at 1:47 PM, 7DnBrnc53 said:

In Super Bowl VII, Bob Griese hit Paul Warfield with a long TD pass in the second quarter that would have put Miami up 14-0 (and maybe the Garo gaffe never happens), but it was called back due to penalty.

That was the play I was going to mention. Gorgeous play. Miami totally dominated the second quarter and it should have been worse than 14 points. I forget what the penalty was. Some type of silly motion call, I think.

There was a Garoppolo-to-Kittle 42-yard completion in Super Bowl LIV that would've set up the Niners at the Chiefs 13 right before the half, which got called back on a questionable OPI call. That was the best throw Garoppolo made in that game, and might have altered the course of the game had it counted.

Edited by Starless
  • Like 2

One that was just a regular season game with little meaning but was so painful to me.

As a Rams fan I hate the Niners, and obviously we were awful for years. 2012 was the best year we had in several years. I'm the midst of that year, we played the Niners, game was 24-24 headed to OT. 

First play of OT, Sam Bradford hits Danny Amendola for an 80 yard catch and run down to the one yard line. Game is basically over, I'm celebrating, Rams players are walking down the field.

Then the flag shows up on the screen. Illegal formation.

Go on to tie the Niners in that game.

That night when I closed my eyes, all I could see was that play. Couldn't sleep. That penalty ****ed me up for an entire week.