• Bucks in 5
    • Bucks in 6
    • Bucks in 7
    • Hawks in 4
    • Hawks in 5
    • Hawks in 6
    • Hawks in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/24/2021 at 12:00 AM

Trash season and postseason just continues. Bad luck on the way he came down on that block attempt.

Bucks though had a pathetic first half...I missed the entire first quarter but that second quarter was bad. Were playing way too slow and they just haven't been good from down town all postseason long. The reason I liked the Hawks chances this series was they are good at defending the three and the Bucks have been largely cold from there. Then Trae's injury happens in game 3 with the Hawks having a great shot at taking a 2-1 lead and now Giannis gets hurt. Just sucks. 

Middleton has a great game and then of course he comes back with a dud....All that means is he should be great in game 5 lol.

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Shout out to Nate and whoever the Hawks GM is. They've done work.

travis schlenk... and they really have. STarted with getting young and huerter in the same draft, and he really hasnt missed big since. Hunter, Reddish, Okungwu... all seem at the very least promising. Not to mention the FA's hes brought in to build depth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

If Giannis is out - can MKE win?

Series maybe.   ‘Ship zero chance.  

And if Giannis is out the Hawks would be the favorites in a neutral venue imo.  Home court does help for this series (duh). 

Edited by Broncofan

6 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

travis schlenk... and they really have. STarted with getting young and huerter in the same draft, and he really hasnt missed big since. Hunter, Reddish, Okungwu... all seem at the very least promising. Not to mention the FA's hes brought in to build depth.

Just googled him.

Worked his way up from video coordinator of the Heat (99-03) to video scout for the Warriors in 03-04 and then worked his way up the ranks to assistant GM before leaving for the Hawks job in 2017. 

Damn. He definitely earned his way to that job. Respect.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

17 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Hunter, Reddish, Okungwu... all seem at the very least promising. 

Not huge on Reddish even as a Duke fan but loved Hunter and Okungwu when they were in the draft. If Hunter can stay healthy I think he can be an All-Star caliber player, dude is baby Kawhi. And OO didn't get a ton of minutes this season but PER36 he averaged 14 points, 10 rebounds, and 2 blocks. The Hawks are going to be a very fun team to watch going forward. 

Suns HAVE to win the title now. No excuses for CP3 to not get the job done.

As for the Bucks it does suck that Giannis is hurt but welcome to the 2021 NBA playoffs where every team seemingly has been hit by big injuries. Lakers with AD and LeBron playing hurt. Nets with Kyrie and Harden playing hurt. 76ers with Embiid playing hurt. Jazz with Conley and Mitchell playing hurt. Suns had CP3 playing hurt then missed games due to Covid. Clippers with Kawhi. Hawks with Young. So now the Bucks are getting a taste of what it feels like to have a big injury. Let’s see if they can overcome it. They should still be favorites in this series with Middleton and Holiday but especially since the Hawks don’t have Young. I do think they get swept or at best lose in 5 to the Suns in the Finals. If it’s the Clippers the Bucks lose in 5 at best lose in 6 in the Finals. 

47 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

10*

7:01 mil.png&h=100&w=100 Jrue Holiday makes 7-foot driving floating jump shot 54 - 62  
7:14 mil.png&h=100&w=100 Pat Connaughton enters the game for Giannis Antetokounmpo 52 - 62  
7:14 mil.png&h=100&w=100 Bucks Full timeout 52 - 62  
7:16 atl.png&h=100&w=100 Clint Capela makes alley oop dunk shot (Lou Williams assists) 52 - 62  
7:38 mil.png&h=100&w=100 Giannis Antetokounmpo makes 13-foot step back jumpshot (Jrue Holiday assists) 52 - 60

Sure...but the point stands.   With Giannis, MIL was being outplayed by a Trae-less ATL team.   Now, some of that is clearly fixable, but no Giannis, this is a major problem.   ATL's depth and ability to keep their D fresh and wilingness to bring their wall a critical step out further was making the difference before Giannis got hurt.   And once Giannis was out, the Bucks D fell apart - which is what we saw when Giannis didn't play in the regular season.

Now, Trae is likely still nowhere 100 percent - and the Bucks will adjust their O & rotation.  But their D issues are going to remain.   If MIL didn't have home court, I think the Hawks would be favored to win the series without Giannis playing.    As it is, a limited Giannis isn't a huge edge, either.   

This is a massive series changer, no way around it.

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

DOnt mean to pick out a throwaway last sentence, but this was already an entertaining series. Hawks narrowly missed winning game 3 and were firmly in control of game 4 pre injury. If trae comes back edven at 90% with no Giannis... then I think Hawks may be favored to go to thie finals. I mean, what were the preseason odds for that, +5000? missed opportunities...

No argument about the entertainment value - but once Trae got hurt, and wasn't going to play game 4 - how many ppl really thought the Hawks were still in it?   Even with a win tonight, against a healthy Bucks team, this was going to be still heavily favored to MIL in a best-of-3.   

I don't think Giannis is returning.   Morse is very good at injury analysis, can't say I disagree with anything he said.  The replay was scary as how to much hyperextension in a non-contact setting occurred.  Even if the ACL is somehow intact, the MCL is for sure involved.   This is a series changer, and IMO a championship ending (although they likely still end up favored playing 2 of 3 at home this series) play for MIL this year.   

Edited by Broncofan

So if it's a hyperextension and they don't rush him back EXTREMELY fast - that's 2 weeks minimum. 2 weeks from now would put him back for game 4 or 5 for the Finals. 

That's a tall task to ask for this Bucks team. I think they can win this series without him (need role players to pop off for 2 games, with which 2 at home is at least doable, even if the Hawks are definitely favored) but then they'd have to not get swept or go down 3-1/3-0 without him in the Finals, have him come back in good enough condition to dominate, and then sprout off a big comeback.

tl;dr bucks are done