Frank Clark Charged with Felony

HTTRDynasty

21 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Frank Clark has been an underperfomer for a couple of years now. Chiefs should not have given him a new contract after the Super Bowl. 

Your timeline is off a little bit here. He was extended after the 2018 season, around the same time we traded for him. In 2019, the production was fine, as well. Bit of a slow start, but had 7 sacks in the last 8 games, and then had 5 in the 3 game playoff run, and was a really crucial part of each of those three wins. He was a big part of our defensive turnaround as the season progressed, and it seemed he was starting to gel on the team and with the coaches.

2020 he absolutely underperformed, and was worth nowhere near what he was making, and is the main reason most expect him to be a cap casualty in a year anyway. But he hasn't been an underperformer for years, and he got the contract before the superbowl season.

• Like 1

It's Los Angeles, not Liberty City. I have no earthly idea what Clark thought he needed an Uzi for.

Ultimately I think the legal consequences will be minimal, but suspension is a possibility since it's not his first off-the-field incident.

On 7/9/2021 at 10:10 PM, jrry32 said:

Not so sure about that. Clark's has a criminal history. He pleaded guilty to a felony in the past (stemming from the theft of a laptop), but I think that was expunged. He also pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct after being arrested for domestic violence. He'll likely be able to plead to a lesser charge, but I don't think he'll get off as easy as community service. Either ways, I'm not sure if this is bad news for the Chiefs or not. Clark is a good pass rusher, but if it allows them to get out of his contract easily, it might be a net win.

So you're saying Andy planted the gun on him?

tenor.gif?itemid=7715402

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Chiefs should not have given him a new contract after the Super Bowl. 

I strongly disagree. He was a big part of the reason why they were in the Super Bowl to begin with. He absolutely deserved his contract at the time. Your only looking at it in hindsight.

On 7/10/2021 at 1:10 AM, jrry32 said:

Not so sure about that. Clark's has a criminal history. He pleaded guilty to a felony in the past (stemming from the theft of a laptop), but I think that was expunged. He also pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct after being arrested for domestic violence. He'll likely be able to plead to a lesser charge, but I don't think he'll get off as easy as community service. Either ways, I'm not sure if this is bad news for the Chiefs or not. Clark is a good pass rusher, but if it allows them to get out of his contract easily, it might be a net win.

Were all of those charges in different counties/states? I'm not sure...I'm only asking because that matters too.

Man our justice system is so messed up lol.

57 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Were all of those charges in different counties/states? I'm not sure...I'm only asking because that matters too.

Man our justice system is so messed up lol.

Yes. Michigan, Ohio, and now California.

9 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Your timeline is off a little bit here. He was extended after the 2018 season, around the same time we traded for him. In 2019, the production was fine, as well. Bit of a slow start, but had 7 sacks in the last 8 games, and then had 5 in the 3 game playoff run, and was a really crucial part of each of those three wins. He was a big part of our defensive turnaround as the season progressed, and it seemed he was starting to gel on the team and with the coaches.

2020 he absolutely underperformed, and was worth nowhere near what he was making, and is the main reason most expect him to be a cap casualty in a year anyway. But he hasn't been an underperformer for years, and he got the contract before the superbowl season.

You are right. I was thinking of Chris Jones in regards to the extension. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I strongly disagree. He was a big part of the reason why they were in the Super Bowl to begin with. He absolutely deserved his contract at the time. Your only looking at it in hindsight.

Mahomes was the reason the Chiefs were in the Super Bowl. All other "reasons" are either irrelevant or not in the same universe as they why they were there. 

And playing lights out for three games in the playoffs doesn't mean you get the rest of the season off to justify your contract. Hindsight has nothing to do with it in regards to the point I made or the one you made, because I'm guessing when the deal was hammered out months before they won the Super Bowl Andy didn't say it was cool to only play up to par for a few games, and then coast the majority of the other games. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Frank Clark has absolutely underperformed for his contract.  The Chiefs would have been better off just resigning Justin Houston for far less money and better production.  

And to think they almost let Chris Jones walk because of Clark's contract...

On 7/10/2021 at 11:37 PM, y*so*blu said:

It's Los Angeles, not Liberty City. I have no earthly idea what Clark thought he needed an Uzi for.

Ultimately I think the legal consequences will be minimal, but suspension is a possibility since it's not his first off-the-field incident.

Turning into almost the same thing. Slightly edged out by NYC and Chicago.