GOTW | Week 9 | #2 Penn St. @ #6 Ohio St.

buno67

Who takes control of the Big 10 and their playoff hopes?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes control of the Big 10 and their playoff hopes?

• Penn State Nittany Lions
    • the Ohio State Buckeyes

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think Bama goes undefeated, Georgia drops 1 before losing to Bama (either at GT or at Auburn).

OSU runs the table.

Clemson runs the table.

Washington St loses another. They have @ Stanford, WSU, and conf championship left.

Oklahoma loses another. They have @ Ok st, TCU, WVU and conf championship left.

TCU loses another, or miss out on title game. 1 loss non champ PSU gets in over 1 loss non champ TCU.

1. Bama

2. OSU

3. Clemson

4. Penn St

What about a 1 loss Washington? 

2 minutes ago, PAW said:

What about a 1 loss Washington? 

Meant Washington where I said "Washington St"

Basically, I am predicting a lot of 2 loss teams, and I think 1 loss PSU gets in over 2 loss P5 champs. A bit bold to predict all these 2 loss teams maybe, but not bold to think 11-1 PSU gets in over 11-2 conference champs. I just have a feeling CFP committee really likes both OSU and Penn St and will put both in if the opportunity presents itself.

26 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think Bama goes undefeated, Georgia drops 1 before losing to Bama (either at GT or at Auburn).

OSU runs the table.

Clemson runs the table.

Washington St loses another. They have @ Stanford, WSU, and conf championship left.

Oklahoma loses another. They have @ Ok st, TCU, WVU and conf championship left.

TCU loses another, or miss out on title game. 1 loss non champ PSU gets in over 1 loss non champ TCU.

1. Bama

2. OSU

3. Clemson

4. Penn St

1 loss Penn St isn't a given over a 1 loss WI especially since it would be to the same team (OSU) but UW's would be in the conf championship game. That would be a tough call.

Notre Dame or the one loss SEC team would probably get in over PSU assuming both teams were to win out. The PSU/OSU game was likely a loser-is-out situation today, unless there’s chaos. Badgers get in if they are undefeated but with that schedule, no chance if they lose the conference title game.

1 hour ago, bananabucket said:

Glad someone else brought it up..

#6 team storming the field is just lol

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Had to listen to the last five minutes, did Ohio State fans legit storm the field in a game in which they were touchdown favorites?

They didn't really storm the field. They were on it after the game was over but it's not like they ran out on the field as soon as the game was over. Also considering the magnitude of this game and the nature that Ohio St came back it's reasonable for fans to be excited. Ohio St fans did in 2002 after beating Michigan and they were favorites in that game. Being favorites has nothing to do with it when you consider the importance and the situation of the game.

1 hour ago, bananabucket said:

Glad someone else brought it up..

#6 team storming the field is just lol

yea...beating the #2 team in the country when you were trailing the whole game is meaningless... nothing to see here 

freaking clowns...

13 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

yea...beating the #2 team in the country when you were trailing the whole game is meaningless... nothing to see here 

freaking clowns...

I don't think anyone said it was meaningless. But please, totally change the narrative from what was being discussed.

It's just that, when you're one of the greatest programs in the history of the sport, entered the game as a favorite, and are three years removed from a national title, you'd think the program would be a bit beyond the whole storming the field thing. To the best of my knowledge, Bama fans have never stormed the field after a win, and they've also had a few big ones.

Then again, I'm a Badgers fan and feel like the UW program should be past the point of storming the field because they should enter every game believing they'll win. So it's possible my bar for what justifies that insane level of excitement is a bit higher than most.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but Ohio State, under Urban Meyer, getting a home win over Penn State just doesn't feel like it's an earth-shaking event. They've beaten them 5 of the last 6 years and 12 of the last 15. It'd be like Michigan fans jumping on the field after beating Wisconsin.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I don't think anyone said it was meaningless. But please, totally change the narrative from what was being discussed.

It's just that, when you're one of the greatest programs in the history of the sport, entered the game as a favorite, and are three years removed from a national title, you'd think the program would be a bit beyond the whole storming the field thing. To the best of my knowledge, Bama fans have never stormed the field after a win, and they've also had a few big ones.

Then again, I'm a Badgers fan and feel like the UW program should be past the point of storming the field because they should enter every game believing they'll win. So it's possible my bar for what justifies that insane level of excitement is a bit higher than most.

you talk about the resume of teams and how storming the field shouldnt be expected. You look at it tho, its new students and one of the bigger wins in the shoe over the past couple years. Yeah they were  favorites but still beat the #2 team in the nation. 

Also like someone said, it wasnt really storming the field. Its just like the game ended and students went onto the field. I have friends that get pictures on the field all the time.

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

you talk about the resume of teams and how storming the field shouldnt be expected. You look at it tho, its new students and one of the bigger wins in the shoe over the past couple years. Yeah they were  favorites but still beat the #2 team in the nation. 

Also like someone said, it wasnt really storming the field. Its just like the game ended and students went onto the field. I have friends that get pictures on the field all the time.

But...it's Ohio State. That's really my entire counter here.

Though, as I originally mentioned, I didn't see it. Just saw the pictures of all of the fans on the field after the game. It's obviously a huge win, but still....Ohio State. Against a program that has won double-digit games four times this millennium.

Archived